What Kind of Cat is Tater?

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What Kind of Cat is Tater? (351 votes)

A nice cat 14%
A naughty cat 24%
A misunderstood cat 38%
Defies logic 24%

Tater seems like he's always trying to steal food and frequently creates chaos while mouthing out. I think he's a naughty cat.

• 
rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

a good boy

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real question is if Tater is first cat of Giant Bomb.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Cats are easy to blame because they can't defend themselves with a hearty big smile like a golden retriever. They're always cast as the villains in media. Tom & Jerry, Sylvester & Tweety, Cats vs Dogs, Inspector Gadget, Pokemon. It just ain't right. Cats are good until there is solid proof that they're not.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A thicc king.

HIMSteveO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@htr10: Alex and Jeff both have cats that they talked about as well, although I don’t think we’ve heard names yet for them.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@onemanarmyy: Meowth was straight up a terrorist. Otherwise, go cats!

mikachops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a similar tabby and I can see a lot of him in Tater. Rude, demanding, obnoxious, high energy... but also very cute with lots of personality.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

An ittle wittle kitty witty with a squishy face.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He's a naughty boi, but aren't all cats naughty? I say this with love. Boring is a cat that doesn't attempt to disembowel your hand upon pets. If I'm not protecting my cartoid arteries from its claws I don't want that cat.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Style. Beauty. Grace. That’s what matters. If cats looked like frogs we’d realize what nasty cruel little bastards they are."

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tater just wants some 'za

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@newhaap: Pretty sure thats a "Lords and Ladies" quote :)

BaddArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A jellicle cat

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ghost_cat

@baddart: I had to look up what "jellicle" is, and that's as far as I'll go with it.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@himsteveo: Jeff's cat was just named "Cat". It was not short for Catherine or anything like that, he was just seemingly not bothered with naming it, which is a very Jeff-thing to (not) do.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rahf said:

@himsteveo: Jeff's cat was just named "Cat". It was not short for Catherine or anything like that, he was just seemingly not bothered with naming it, which is a very Jeff-thing to (not) do.

Don't think we've gotten a name for his new(ish) cat, either. And I'm fairly certain Alex's cats are named Thelma and Louise?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Does Abby still have Dirt Bike?

ybbaaabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's naughty and there's no way around it.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#21 sweep  Moderator

Please, hobbitses...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Humanity

My cat looks very similar to Tater but she mostly sleeps all day.

Jakelshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of the six cats in my life, the one that looked like Tater was the best. Just a pure lap cat that never felt like spitefully knocking over your glass of water at 4am.

Endwashere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is cat

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems the polling so far shows that, although Tater is naughty, the majority of folks here were not quick to judge, which makes y'all nice cats (and maybe misunderstood). Good 'ol GB community!

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghost_cat: Your user name meant I've been hesitant to trust you from the beginning.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakelshark: Man... cat's knocking over water is the wooorst and seems like something that almost every cat owner has to deal with. I'm pretty sure my cats have conditioned me to never be thirsty at night, because it's just not worth it to wake up and step in a puddle of water.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanarmyy: I don't think I've ever had a cat that likes to knock over water glasses, and I've had a lot of cats, but they sure as hell will knock over just about everything else not glued down to get your attention.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: My current cats luckily don't have that same desire for water(because i am now well-trained to NOT leave water unattended or near my bed), but they do love smacking bottlecaps or coins around. I bet they would have no problem adding water to their repertoire if i let them have the opportunity :D

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanarmyy: @zeik:Mine is partial to knocking water (and anything else) off of anything. My previous cat had some pretty awful gums, sadly, and some classically bad cat teeth, so it was just super duper when she would stick her little head into our water glasses and slurp up a bunch of water. Not really interested in drinking after a cat with the cleanest of mouths, let alone my little girl and her messed up gums and teeth.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

@sethmode said:

@onemanarmyy: @zeik:Mine is partial to knocking water (and anything else) off of anything. My previous cat had some pretty awful gums, sadly, and some classically bad cat teeth, so it was just super duper when she would stick her little head into our water glasses and slurp up a bunch of water. Not really interested in drinking after a cat with the cleanest of mouths, let alone my little girl and her messed up gums and teeth.

Cats and their teeth can be a really wild thing. We have two right now, and one of them has that awful re-absorption thing and has had six teeth removed via surgery, so he's a bit dribbly, and we've had to clean them in the past because he's always been susceptible to bacteria building up in his mouth. And then whenever we take them to the vet we get told that his brother, on the same diet and with the same lifestyle, has perfect teeth - last time we went the vet said it was very rare to see a cat of his age (12) with teeth in such good condition. Fortunately, my bad teeth cat doesn't drink from places other than where he's supposed to most of the time.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My cat, Gracie, is missing her front right canine. She always has a crooked smile, because her lip slides up on that side - she is a big goof.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Abby would consider getting a tabby, might make her habby.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By htr10
@rahf said:

It's funny. I just listened to an old Bombcast from 2012 and Jeff was talking about his cat that, as you said, he just called cat, and how he had to give it a name when he brought it to the vet so he gave it the name Rex, but the name didn't stick.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hold up. Do they not just call the pet name and surname when you're seeing a vet? There couldn't possibly be two Cat Gerstmann's in that waiting room.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: In my experience, they call the owners by their name in the waiting room and then pull up the cat's file that's linked to you as owner afterwards.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SethMode

@monkeyking1969: Duder, my cat is also named Gracie! She doesn't have a tooth problem but she is absolutely a goof (she makes "friends" with bugs, eventually kills them, and then sits and cries either at their body or the spot where they died if we clean the bug up, for literal HOURS).

Anyway, shout out to a great cat name! I miss my Gracie...when I moved to Korea she couldn't come, so I only saw her for about 2 weeks when I was back in the US earlier this year.

When do we just lean into where this thread is going and start posting pics of our cats?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Gracie here is not angry...she just has resting cat face without a right canine tooth.

I love this goofy girl.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TanookiSuit

@monkeyking1969 said:
No Caption Provided

Gracie here is not angry...she just has resting cat face without a right canine tooth.

I love this goofy girl.

I LOVE HER OMG
ALSO Tater is a good lad, who is just hungry for adventure, and Abby's Pizza

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ybbaaabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points