What's your preferred (American) delivery pizza chain?

• 59 results
TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What's your preferred (American) delivery pizza chain? (393 votes)

Papa John's 15%
Pizza Hut 21%
Dominos 33%
Little Caesars 5%
Other (Put it in the comments) 8%
Show me the results 18%
 • 
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Regina Pizzeria, it only has 14 locations in Massachusetts and Connecticut but it puts all other pizza chains to shame.

So, yes, there is a gulf between "good enough" and "good", lets take that off the table. I'm sure every damn state in the US, every territory in Canada, and every country in the world has at least one good pizza place that would put any chain pizza to shame.

With that said, I don't think any of the chains that are found nationwide in the US are worth a damn....I rather have no pizza. The big issue with chains like Papa Johns is in your town it might be good, but in another town be THE WORST. I bet there are Domino franchises that put out consistent decent pizza....but most don't. Better to not get pizza that to risk a chain....I'd rather risk a Mom & Pop shop.

That is why my pick is a place with 14 stores in two states....they are still sized to make a consistent product and nimble enough to fix an issue at a store

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Out of those, Pizza Hut is probably the best. It's been so long since I've had Little Caesars that I don't ever remember what it tastes like. Papa Johns is just about the worst pizza you can buy. I don't know why anyone would buy it when there are vastly better options basically everywhere. I literally don't understand how people in Chicago, especially, can order that shit.

I voted Other because Jet's Pizza is far and away not only the best pizza chain, but legitimately one of my favorite pizza places period. Their pizza is fairly unique and incredibly delicious.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dominos is hands down the best "pizza food" pizza, but anyone living near good pizza should just get the good stuff. I'm a New Yorker so of course I have a bias, but Chicago is tasty too, and honestly as I've traveled the USA i've found plenty of mom and pop pizza joints that still blow all these chains out of the water. The pizza in Europe though, is all irredeemable doodie

blackcat0158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

When I was a kid, Little Caesars was the only pizza game in town anywhere nearby. I had it all the time. I tried it again for the first time in about 25 years, and I couldn't believe how awful it was. I've tried a few different locations over the years just to make sure, and it was just bad.

If you duders want some good fast-food pizza- check out Blaze Pizza. They build right in front of you, chuck it in a stone oven for 3 minutes, and bam, fresh, hot, delicious pizza, made to order. It has honestly ruined other pizza joints for me.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Papa Gino's by a mile. I've only ever lived in Massachusetts, not sure if it's a regional chain going by it's omission from the poll.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Voted Pizza Hut, but I haven't had it in over 10 years since a local joint became my go-to.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I like good pizza, but I've always held the dark secret that I really don't think great pizza is that much better than terrible pizza. I was a Papa John's loyalist for a long time due to their rewards program; it requires the least amount of buy-in to get to the first free pizza option, and that's a hell of an incentive for a 30 year old that still lives paycheck to paycheck. But I'll admit politics have got in the way of my enjoyment of their pizza lately, as well as a couple of the delivery drivers giving me weird vibes lately (well, one of them has for half a decade now, but there's a new one and increased odds of awkward interactions is a rough trade), so I order more from Toppers now.

Toppers is far less consistent in terms of quality, but they go an extra three hours into the night (3AM vs. midnight) which makes it a perfect order on the way home from the bars, and it's convenient enough that I can forgive the occasional evidence that they baked my pizza on a massive pie that was also on its way to becoming their intensely bad mac & cheese pizza. It'd be nice if they had a rewards program, and I have tried ordering from Domino's more frequently lately, but I'm also pretty close to the Papa John's spot so when I do order pizza before midnight, I typically will still lean Papa's. But more often now I just wait it out, again more because of the drivers and the CEO situation than the pizza itself.