• 91 results
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By DarthMaul

I want to be reincarnated into a walrus.

Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By raccoonusdoodus

You respwan after 10 seconds, duh. Well, 20 seconds if you killed yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@Wipeout said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Shirogane said:
" @Wipeout said:
"Whenever someone asks me this, I ask "What did it feel like before you were born?"  Non existence is impossible to fathom.  "
That's cause it doesn't exist.  Also, heaven and hell logically make no sense. Seriously, how big would that place be? "
How is anything after death defined by logic?  How is saying there's nothingness after death any more logical than saying there's a Heaven or a Hell?  There's no proof, no scientific evidence whatsoever, therefore there is no "logic" to be had, here. "
Because saying "I don't know" or "Probably nothing" sounds less retarded than saying "Your magical spirit-ghost wanders to a fluffy place where people with glued on wings consume philadelphia cream cheese."  Therefore, these answers are more logical.  Your brain and therefore your personality decomposes and returns to whence it came.  Oddly enough, the most logical explanation is found in FF7 or Avatar; your energy was "borrowed" and comes back to the soil to provide new life.  What this means for you as a consciousness is absolutely nothing - you are gone baby gone. "
I think you missed his point.
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By landon
@SSValis said:

"   

great scene. "
That movie was a lot better than I thought it was. I like when he got the pizza boxes and proceeded to tell people about the man in the sky.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Wipeout said:

" Because saying "I don't know" or "Probably nothing" sounds less retarded than saying "Your magical spirit-ghost wanders to a fluffy place where people with glued on wings consume philadelphia cream cheese."  Therefore, these answers are more logical.  Your brain and therefore your personality decomposes and returns to whence it came.  Oddly enough, the most logical explanation is found in FF7 or Avatar; your energy was "borrowed" and comes back to the soil to provide new life.  What this means for you as a consciousness is absolutely nothing - you are gone baby gone. "

What?  How was our energy borrowed if we came from a sperm and an ovule?  If our personality returns to where it came from?  Where was that?   

@Wipeout

said: 

" Whenever someone asks me this, I ask "What did it feel like before you were born?"  Non existence is impossible to fathom.  "

If non existence is impossible to fathom, how do you know it exists at all?  We know of our own existence, currently; we are conscious.  You're just submitting your own theory, perhaps a popular one, but still one that has no facts to support it.  You can't claim one theory is more valid than another if you have no evidence to support it.  Maybe you believe that landing in a magical land full of fairies when you're dead is stupid, but another could think that the fact that you believe there's utter nothingness after death is equally stupid.  That's subjective, and is based on one's values.
hai2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By hai2u

i certainly hope something happens after u die but in all likelyhood probably nothing, u lose consciousness and get to sleep for all eternity.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By ectoplasma

Obviously when you die you come to a place where everyone has 10MB Internet up and downstream and where you don't have copyright laws. Else it's pretty much the same like this life, I heard.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By demontium
@asonunique said:
" @demontium said:
" @RetroIce4 said:
"  When you die what do you think happens to you? I think you can believe whatever you want. Be reincarnated as a rat, alien, horse, ect. Maybe you spirit goes into another human and that was just the beginning. Maybe it is just darkness and nothing happens or its a constant dream. Maybe you go to heaven or hell, but what do you think personally happens when you die? (Besides physically being not alive...) I have just been thinking about it lately and I am not really scared to die, but what I am scared of is what happens after death. Nothing is certain. "
Well being catholic origin i guess i believe that we go to heaven or hell.  I will tell you when i get there. "
catholics dont go to heaven "
haha... pretty much, we are the main culprits for breaking the rules we make :P.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I got a question: Where do bad folks go when they die? Is it true they don't go to heaven where the angels fly ? Do they go to lake of fire and fry ? Do we see them again on 4th of July ?
Reminds me of a lady who came from Duluth. She was bitten by a dog with a rabid tooth .She went to her grave just a little too soon and flew away howling on the yellow moon.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By DanielJW

You rot where you may be left to rot. Hopefully in the ground.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By damnboyadvance

I am a Christian. So I believe that there are two destinations, Heaven or Hell. Zunum pretty much sums it up. Those are my beliefs, in a basic form, as to what happens after our life on Earth, and they are not going to change.

But for all of you that want to be scientific about it, I will try to look at it from another viewpoint. Seeing as though I have a memory, and I can remember and acknowledge myself living right now, we don't just fade away. It's kind of hard to explain. But if I can acknowledge my existence, and control what I do in it (for example, typing on this forum), and most importantly, remember it, then something must happen with my memory, instead of just fading away.

lolicanseeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By lolicanseeyou
@RetroIce4 said:
"  When you die what do you think happens to you? I think you can believe whatever you want. Be reincarnated as a rat, alien, horse, ect. Maybe you spirit goes into another human and that was just the beginning. Maybe it is just darkness and nothing happens or its a constant dream. Maybe you go to heaven or hell, but what do you think personally happens when you die? (Besides physically being not alive...) I have just been thinking about it lately and I am not really scared to die, but what I am scared of is what happens after death. Nothing is certain. "
I dont believe in religion, yet i dont think we just die, i believe we may be reincarnated into a parallel universe which would be awesome, has anyone read elsewhere, that is a possibility too
SofaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SofaKing
@damnboyadvance: I'm not exactly sure how you're led to that conclusion. You mean because it's valuable? 

The problem with this describing how complex we are argument is that the fact remains that we evolved. At what point during our evolution from a less intelligent species to who we are now did God reach down and stick souls in our bodies? Or did the souls evolve along with our bodies? Does that mean maybe chimps and dolphins may have some souls but lesser souls than ours? There are two many things we know about the natural world that you fail to consider.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@RetroIce4 said:
" its a constant dream."

I hope not. I've been chased by dinosaurs while riding a La Z Boy recliner down a mountain of gravel, I've been in a movie theater unable to move from a seat that was bobbing violently up and down while the entire theater glared at me as if I were up to no good.... A month ago I was in a Greyhound bus that suddenly took off like an airplane. I can't handle an eternity's worth of this brand of nuttiness.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ahriman22

You stop existing, nothing remains but a carcass. You mind closes up shop and you lose all awareness of yourself and everything around you as your sense shut down and soon you stop thinking, meaning you are no longer anything but a corpse in a hole.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By inkeiren
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" @RetroIce4 said:
" its a constant dream."
I hope not. I've been chased by dinosaurs while riding a La Z Boy recliner down a mountain of gravel, I've been in a movie theater unable to move from a seat that was bobbing violently up and down while the entire theater glared at me as if I were up to no good.... A month ago I was in a Greyhound bus that suddenly took off like an airplane. I can't handle an eternity's worth of this brand of nuttiness. "

Even in a thread about death, Biff never fails to deliver.
TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheChaos
@inkeiren said:
" @BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" @RetroIce4 said:
" its a constant dream."
I hope not. I've been chased by dinosaurs while riding a La Z Boy recliner down a mountain of gravel, I've been in a movie theater unable to move from a seat that was bobbing violently up and down while the entire theater glared at me as if I were up to no good.... A month ago I was in a Greyhound bus that suddenly took off like an airplane. I can't handle an eternity's worth of this brand of nuttiness. "
Even in a thread about death, Biff never fails to deliver. "
Avatar image for thelegendofluke
TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

I imagine it's just like prestiging on mw2, you get a new title, emblem and some new challenges. 

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By eccentrix

I've been thanatophobic since I was about 7 and I believe in the nothingness theory, hence my fear. I just recently understood cogito ergo sum in a way I can't fully comprehend right now. Something like when I'm dead I don't exist because I can't think. It was deeper than it sounds, I guess you had to be there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28
deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you die, you stop living.

Honestly, I will worry about death when it happens. Until then, I simply feel I should enjoy life.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#71  Edited By Video_Game_King
@owl_of_minerva said:
" Zen Buddhism has the right idea. Respawning in 10...9 "
Wait, I thought it was like Left 4 Dead. "Hey, while you respawn, how about we let you play as Blinky?"
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I don't care where I go. Something will happen though.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@eccentrix said:

"I just recently understood cogito ergo sum in a way I can't fully comprehend right now. Something like when I'm dead I don't exist because I can't think. It was deeper than it sounds, I guess you had to be there. "

I don't think "being there" really helps with thoughts. 

It would've just been one of us watching you stare blankly at a wall for 45 minutes followed by you opening your eyes slighter wider than usual.
momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By momosauky
@owl_of_minerva said:
" Zen Buddhism has the right idea. Respawning in 10...9 "
god has it in hardcore team death match you gotta wait till every1 else is dead to come back
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
opening your eyes slighter wider than usual. "

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ninjakiller

You rot in the ground, end of story.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By Gabriel

Just be a good person and you won't have to worry either way.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#78  Edited By spiceninja

As an atheist I believe that nothing happens. Your conciseness is gone and you only exist as a memory to others. Your life is over. Game Over. The End. People have a hard time accepting that and I can understand why.

Wipeout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Wipeout
@FluxWaveZ said:

You're just submitting your own theory, perhaps a popular one, but still one that has no facts to support it.  You can't claim one theory is more valid than another if you have no evidence to support it.  

I have been put under for surgery, and I have had millions of years of pre-existence.  Those things happened.  And when they were happening, I wasn't.  During my periods of being under, there was no perceivable passage of time of any kind.  Just a void.  And as for non-existence, I couldn't possibly explain that feeling as I feel it is beyond comprehension.  However it is the only thing logical enough for me to apply to a post-death scenario.  Some weird shit may be experienced while the neurons of the brain start to expire, as the connections fall apart.  After that you're just meat.  Its not really a belief, its not an explanation, its just the only way I can understand what non-existence is like.  After all, we have all not existed before, and we didn't really complain while we weren't.    

Since these are facts, they can validate a theory more than one about magical fairy lands.   Do I want there to be nothingness?  No.  Nothing would make me happier than to sail away to a magical gumdrop land filled with happy when I die.  It just happens to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  Same with sending someone to a lake of fire and fry because they touched their penor at night.   
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@Gabriel said:
"Just be a good person and you won't have to worry either way. "

Being a good person does not make you immortal.  

Case in point: Gary Coleman.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By HandsomeDead
@BiffMcBlumpkin: He was small and black though.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#82  Edited By Cube
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

I belive there is no reincarnation, you will be kept somewhere. Even religious ppl before you are allowed in heaven, you will be judged and serve your time there. I belive in heaven, you don't have your memories anymore, your at peace, it's not logical. Everyone is your brother and sister there in spirt. I belive if you were murdered uncleanly, you get hostile, that's why you only see ghost around of murdered victims. If there was a god, he doesn't want to deal with any hostile spirits like that, so they are left on earth.  

I am aware there probally aren't too many christians around here on a site that has a word bomb in it, however that's my belif anyways.

"
u meen liek jezuz rite?
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@HandsomeDead:
He was, but he had an enormous white heart.
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By inkeiren

The lack of transhumanism in this thread is astonishing.

Crocio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Crocio

I'd say a fade to black, but possibly preluded with some powerful chemicals sent to the brain.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Hourai

Your brain dies and everything simply ends. 

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Jrad

I don't plan on dying, so I guess I'll never know.

Ultimately 'fading to black' and reincarnation or ceasing to exist are all the same. Your memories dissipate. Whatever's left, if anything, is not you. Memories are the most important thing to an individual, I think.

The concept of heaven/hell is pretty dumb. I'm glad that religion's going out of fashion in the civilized world.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By WickedFather

The idea of an afterlife that's eternal is just pure horror - there's no rationale behind it and anyone who can put forward a sensible model of that which doesn't destroy or control your personality: go ahead.  The idea of heaven and hell are completely babyish.

I really hope and believe there's nothing.

Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Dysnomia

I have no idea what will happen. Just gonna live life, and find out at the end.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think it's gunna rain when I die.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#91  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

When you die an MS-DOS windows pops up that reads "Simulation end. Loading new simulation... 1%".