Where and how did you meet your gf/wife

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine

So how did you meet your girl friend/wife? Were you first friends? Did a friend introduce you two? Were you in a public place and you just met? 

I don't have a girl friend.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DanielJW

The girl I have a weird on/off flirty thing going on with I met at school. And we were friends first. 

I guess it's correct to say I don't have a girlfriend.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e
deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I met my gf of 2 1/2 years at a concert. A mutual friend introduced us.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Xeiphyer

Hmm around 2 years ago I met my current girlfriend at school, I dated her and a friend of hers at the same time for a while, and eventually decided I liked her better.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ

I met her at a party. She's the best friend of one of the people I work with. 

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By buzz_clik

I've been with my girlfriend Lisa for nearly 9 years now. I actually met her at a club - a dude called Tyson that I'd met there introduced me to her, and even he had only met her the weekend before. Tyson was down from Sydney just partying for the weekend, hanging out and collecting new friends. He thought we'd like to hang out with each other. Nice work, Tyson.

The next weekend I met up with her again at the same club, and then a group of us went back to a mate's place. Lisa was telling me that she was supposed to meet this other guy at some party on a boat the next morning. I totally convinced her that it'd be a better idea to ditch that guy and hang with me for the rest of the weekend. Flash forward nearly 9 years later, and that girl is still way hotter and nicer and awesomer than I deserve.

Plus she totally kicks my arse at Columns on the Genesis. That woman is a freak with that game.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

I met my wife at a local live music bar, at the time mostly blues.  We dated for four years, have been married for seventeen.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Zajtalan

i was sitting down minding my own business and she walks up and asks if i like her backpack and i say yea

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#9  Edited By JackiJinx

Damn, if this thread doesn't alienate a load of users, then I don't know what will.

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alsnuts2

My trunk

yeahno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By yeahno

Graduation party. I think i started the conversation with a comment on how awesome her mohawk baby picture was in the yearbook...we are trying a long distance thing and its working overall because we are both such homebodies

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By the8bitNacho

I apparently met my girlfriend when we were both babies.  We're about a year apart, she's the daughter of one of my mom's best friends.  They moved away.  Five years later they moved back and she became my best friend up until our Sophomore year of high school.  After a large amount of consistent badgering from one of my buddies, I admitted to him that I liked her as "more than a friend."  I think I even said I was in love with her.  Looking back I'm not sure if I really was in love with her back then, but having been friends so long it's certainly possible. 

Anyway, my friend tells a friend tells a friend.  You can't trust anyone!  It gets back to her without my knowing and she sits on it for a few weeks.  The school dance pops up and she asks me if I want to ask her to go.  I say yes.  And then she days, "so then ask me" with this retarded grin on her face. 

Five years later, still going strong.  The closest thing I've ever witnessed as far as "real-life" storybook romances are concerned.  Or at least the closest to the beginning of one. 

Sometimes telling your untrustworthy buddies stuff can pay off!   

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Mrnitropb

We met at the Freshman mixer the night before classes started. There was a crappy coverband playing in the park on campus, and I was bored and went out to listen. Up until hearing them butcher Radiohead's "Creep" I'd been avoiding the freshman experience like meningitis. So Iget there, and notice this girl dancing around, literally like nobody's watching. She as just so cute. And you know that scene from the adam sandler movie, Click, where he slo-mos on the jogging girl? yeah, that's kind of what caught my eye about her too. :D Her roommate knew my roommate, and after a few weeks of getting to know each other, we hooked up, and holy crap its been 7 years.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xyzygy

A good friend of mine from high school moved up to the city with me after a while. She didn't have anyone to live with, so her and another of our friends found 3 roomates through some mutual connections. Anyway, 2 of those roommates were Boyfriend and Girlfriend. About two months after moving in, the girlfriend broke up with the boyfriend so she wanted to move out. The rest of the roommates were stuck looking for another roommate, And I thought that it would be cool If I lived with them all. So anyway, I started thinking about it and they asked me, I said OK, but as I thought about it more, something told me I shouldn't move in. A little while later, when they were getting desperate, the boyfriend asks an old friend of his from where he's from to come live with them. This guy quits his job and moves up the next day. I didn't know him at all, I've only seen him once before when he was up for a visit and even then I was fascinated by him. As we started to be around each other more, we just became really flirty and things developed over the course of a few months. It's great because things started out so innocently and then one night things happened and we just kind of realized that we like each other. 

So, If I had have moved in with those friends, I would have never met him! It's kind of scary to think about. 

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By c1337us

Yellow pages.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Red12b
@JackiJinx said:
"Damn, if this thread doesn't alienate a load of users, then I don't know what will. "

Hahaha, Yeah just 50% of the worlds population, 

I rang up a radio station, After having a break up with my ex, (amicable she moved to the south Island, NZ)  
The radio station does a Friday night hook up line where you say who you are your mobile number and where you live, Area not actual location, 
So I rang up and four people started to text me,  
1 guy text me saying he wanted to do things to me, things that I will not say in polite company. I politely declined,  
Another guy text me asking if I was interested in a goat, Once again I politely declined, 
A girl this time text me and said she was keen, But she lived in the south Island. 
 Then about five minutes later I receive this text, Hey, Heard you on the radio, You sounded cute. 
I text her back saying why thank you, Hello my name is such and such what is your’s. 

Turns out she was flicking through the stations and just heard me on the radio and decided to give me a text, She did not even know what the sho0w was about,  
We started texting each other, talking about prior relationships, What we do, where we are Etc Etc, Turns out she is a MotoX rider, who has had basterd Bf's and she just wanted a nice guy 

Cue me :) 

We have not been going out for very long but I dunno, This feels right. 

I am sick of relationships that go nowhere, I have had to many, I would like to have a more intimate relationship now, I am tired of one Night stands with girls, were it would be more interesting talking to a lamppost,  

So yeah, That's my story and in my opinion it is a fairly good way to start a relationship.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
@Wolverine said:
"I don't have a girl friend. "
I don't have one either....lol.
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By RichardLOlson

Well isn't this a tender subject.....well I don't rightly remember...I'll have to go out to the drunk of my car and ask her.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kmdrkul

I bopped her over the head and told her to follow me.  Now I just can't get her to go away =/

AaronAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AaronAlex

Iv been with my Girlfriend about 3 years now.  
Met her through some friends.

TiggNine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TiggNine

saw my girlfriend in walmart one day while i was working there, walked up to her and asked her if she wanted to catch a movie that night..... 

3 and half years later, we're getting married next month and buying a house.... 

wtf was i thinking...lol
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By KowalskiManDown

At work. We both worked the counter, and obviously therefore had alot of time to chat to eachother. Then one night when we were out on a pub crawl with some workmates, one thing led to another and BAM!

Been with her almost a year now.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By gingertastic_10

I'll go with my last gf, I'm single now. I met her in school, World History class.

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By ErgoProxy77

I met my girlfriend of 2 years while I was playing badminton.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By guiseppe

I met my girlfriend online, in a chatroom, which in turn led to msn and then on to phone calls and about 2 months later we met for realz. We've been together for a little more than a year now.

deathstroke75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By deathstroke75

we worked together, bad idea there.  i quit the job, still have the girlfriend.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pause422

I needed a graphic designer, I contacted several through email. She responded first, among talking about what it was I needed and such, she figured it would just be easier to come to my place since we realized we didn't live too far. That was 4 years ago.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Linkyshinks

Outside a art gallery in London's Soho, she was the street outside in the cold smoking, so I joined her and gave her a sip of rum from my flask to warm her up. We talked...

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolverine
@ValkyrieGoddess said:
" @Wolverine said:
I don't have one either....lol. "
You Don't! xD 
Sorry Valkyrie, I probably should have changed gf/wife to significant other. Please don't get offended by my ignorance.  
Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
@Wolverine said:
" @ValkyrieGoddess said:
" @Wolverine said:
I don't have one either....lol. "
You Don't! xD Sorry Valkyrie, I probably should have changed gf/wife to significant other. Please don't get offended by my ignorance.   "
I wasn't offended at all. I found it funny and decided to share the laughter. Hope it worked : )
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By zombie2011

I met my girlfriend at the gym, then we realized we had 2 classes together so we started sitting next to each other then Bam, we started dating.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By clubsandwich

Well I'll talk bout my ex-gf since I'm single now. We met at school, we became good friendsand had some fun talks, after a couple of months we started to make out, it was like a friends with benefits thing, not sex, just some kissing and touching here. After a few more months we started going out, those were some great times, that lasted like 2 years, but then what killed me was when she told me that she was moving... :( we decided to break up and continue with our lives. That was like a year and a half ago, and I just finally could get over it, I really liked her. *sigh*

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iam3green

o nice stories here about their girlfriends. i'm single still and about to be 22. cool information here.

Senile_Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By Senile_Kyle
@Zajtalan said:
" i was sitting down minding my own business and she walks up and asks if i like her backpack and i say yea "
are you serious!?
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

Met my wife in 8th grade when I changed schools...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36  Edited By jakob187

I'm pretty sure I'll end up meeting the lady of my life at the Cathedral of Notre Dame.  I've had this feeling that I HAVE to go there for many years.  One of these days... 

Until then, I'll just stick with the bachelor life.  = D

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By m1k3

im 22 w/o a gf, dont really have time when im working full time, and probably gonna go back to school so...

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By C0V3RT

College - now we're engaged...wedding is set for 9/10/11 (creative, no?)
calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By calidan777

At a swimming pool.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By m1k3
@C0V3RT said:
" College - now we're engaged...wedding is set for 9/10/11 (creative, no?) "
Lol more like thinking ahead so you wont forget your anniversary.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
"Met my wife in 8th grade when I changed schools... "

You're the most scandalous 8th grade teacher ever!
Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zajtalan
@Senile_Kyle: yea but she was with a group of her friends
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Met her at school in grade 10, we went to a dance together and began going out then and we are just out of grade 12.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By C0V3RT
@m1k3 said:

" @C0V3RT said:

" College - now we're engaged...wedding is set for 9/10/11 (creative, no?) "
Lol more like thinking ahead so you wont forget your anniversary. "

She's told me if I ever forget - she'll slap me.  I originally wanted 11/11/11 but that falls on a Friday - and no one gets married on a Friday.  Ah well.
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" @lilburtonboy7489 said:
"Met my wife in 8th grade when I changed schools... "
You're the most scandalous 8th grade teacher ever! "
consent ftw? (ftl?)
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Linkyshinks
@jakob187 said:

" I'm pretty sure I'll end up meeting the lady of my life at the Cathedral of Notre Dame.  I've had this feeling that I HAVE to go there for many years.  One of these days...  Until then, I'll just stick with the bachelor life.  = D "

Speaking as someone who visits Paris regularly for work, and not pleasure, I have noticed that most of the females around there tend to be on the very young side, what with school and college visits etc, but perhaps the odd French teacher may catch your eye.   

The fact is there are much better places to pick up single women in Paris, I would normally recommend Pigalle, but if your in the market for some genuine romance like you say, maybe not. I would strongly recommend Sacre Coeur, and not the Eiffel tower, which is a common mistake men make when visiting. Single women find themselves tingling when they look upon the symbolic Eiffel tower from the Chapel in Montmartre. On a subliminal level, love and falling in love will be strongly in their minds, because the physical distance makes love feel teasingly close at hand, but not tangible. Take my advice, prey on that if you ever take a visit. 

There is definitely something in the air in Paris, other than the smell of raw sewage. There's no better place in the world to fall in love imo. The banks of the Seine and Montmartre were made for falling in love.
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GunnBjorn

I'm not 'betrothed' what so ever. 
No wife, no girlfriend, no Whiskey soda...