Who else thinks the Dark Knight is overrated?

• 61 results
Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Maru

Good movie but not great.

I would say 8 out of 10

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By coakroach

The movie had flaws no doubt, but as a comic book movie it does exceptionally well to be able to take itself seriously and not look shallow and childish (looking at you Superman, Hulk, Ironman and Spiderman 3).
It also brought to life two of Batman's greatest villains, and even though Two-Face was sort of rushed he still had a very deep and relate able character.
And if you disagree on either of those points you cant help but love Joker, greatest villain in a movie since the crazy dude from No country for old men without a doubt.

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ekajarmstro

I do think the Dark Knight is overhyped. Although it was good, I wouldn't even consider it the best superhero movie, only second, because I thought the origional spiderman movie was better.

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Ubergeist

It was a pretty good movie but it wasn't the best movie ever like most people think. I agree that the Two Face stuff was dumb. Worst guy to play Two Face ever.

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Albanian_Killa

I thought it was amazing. There can be some stuff wrong with movies, but overall, one of the best movies of 08.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#56  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Incredible movie, but I felt like the last ten minutes were surprisingly anti-climactic.  Other than that, I'd rank it up there as one of my favorite movies.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HandsomeDead
Curfew said:
"adam_grif said:
"It was the best comic book movie made for sure, but not the best movie ever.

The rating it got from rotten tommatoes, putting it up near THE GODFATHER, and above movies like DONNIE DARKO is fucking insulting in my opinion. It's great, but it doesn't even touch greatness like that."
Donnie Darko? was that the one with the bunny?"
Yeah, that overrated mess of a movie with Jake Gyllenhaal. It's strange how he can be so good looking and Maggie can look so disgusting. You can see who got all the good genes in that family.
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
BoG said:
"Personally, I thought much of the acting in the beginning of the movie was very poor, and that the plot had many holes and inconsistencies. I enjoyed the film, but I agree, it is quite overrated. I really didn't like it as much as Batman Begins."
Can you  elavorate more in the *plot holes*?
Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Rain_Dog

It depends what you're talking about, I suppose. I always thought Batman was the coolest superhero and Joker was the coolest villain, so it deserves to be the most successful comic book movie ever. It's really well written, it's got great action scenes, and it touches on some adult social themes.

That said, it's nowhere near being the best movie ever made. It doesn't do anything to revolution the industry the way movies like The Godfather, Citizen Kane, and Casablanca did. The Dark Knight pulled its inspiration from great crime epics like Heat, but didn't really do anything to add to it and take it to a new level.

It's a great movie and it deserves attention and praise, but best movie ever? Not even close.

Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Rain_Dog
HandsomeDead said:
"Curfew said:
"adam_grif said:
"It was the best comic book movie made for sure, but not the best movie ever.

The rating it got from rotten tommatoes, putting it up near THE GODFATHER, and above movies like DONNIE DARKO is fucking insulting in my opinion. It's great, but it doesn't even touch greatness like that."
Donnie Darko? was that the one with the bunny?"
Yeah, that overrated mess of a movie with Jake Gyllenhaal. It's strange how he can be so good looking and Maggie can look so disgusting. You can see who got all the good genes in that family."
LOL What's weird about Maggie is that some people think she's a fucking dog, but others think she's really hot. I think a lot of people just like her because of Secretary. Which is another overrated hot mess.
Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Curfew said:
"xruntime said:
"DualReaver said:
"Cartman said:
"I dont believe in over-rated, unless if you mean by critics
It deserved the 83 it got on metacritics"
83 sounds about right.
I think it's more about all the idiots running around thinking it's god's gift to cinema. It's a great movie and far better then most crap that comes out, but is nowhere near the best."

Yes. The story was hard to figure out, the chronology / plot needs a lot of fixing. The music was somewhat repetitive - particularly that siren sound that came up every time something was about to happen. The scenes themselves were directed and acted out excellent - that was what made the movie great.
"
I heard that the siren thing was Jokers theme and they wanted to make like jaws so you know he's coming or something like that."
That theme was fucking brilliant, it practically made the movie for me, so much tension in that piece