Who watches Nip/Tuck ?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

I've just finished season 2 yesterday night and man does this show just keep impressing me. The season two finale was probably the best episode yet; Famke Janssen's performance was flawless. I'm going to fetch the third season; can't wait to watch it. For those of you who don't know/watch this show: give it a shot. At first I was skeptic on watching it. I was telling myself: "Two plastic surgeons with one of the guys who played Von Doom in Fantastic Four... man this must suck." But I was completely wrong, and I love Julian McMahon. He's a great actor. The show delves in probably every taboo you can think of, from transsexuals right down to incestuous relationships. Give it a shot people.

Note: no spoilers please

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

That show is just fucked up, seriously fucked up.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Julian McMahon gets a bad rap for Doom, but his work as Christian Troy is just brilliant.  That character kicks ass and takes names.  I'm a big fan of the show, but I think the last season dragged a little bit.  We'll see when it's finished.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Clean

I loved that show, tell me when you see the new season i mean it'll blow your mind

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AuthenticM
BiggerBomb said:
"That show is just fucked up, seriously fucked up."
If by "fucked up" you mean it's not scared to show the reality we live in, then yes, it is. That's what I like about the show, it doesn't soften itself so as to not offend somebody somewhere. And anyway, only conservatives are going to be offended by the show, so I pretty much don't care.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb
AuthenticM said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"That show is just fucked up, seriously fucked up."
If by "fucked up" you mean it's not scared to show the reality we live in, then yes, it is. That's what I like about the show, it doesn't soften itself so as to not offend somebody somewhere. And anyway, only conservatives are going to be offended by the show, so I pretty much don't care."

I never said I was offended by it, I'm saying that it is really trippy and not at all enjoyable to watch.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead

I've always wanted to watch this but by the time I got an interest, it was several seasons in. I imagine i'll download season 1 and give it a whirl in the coming weeks though, it seems to have gone on for a very long time now and even the greatest shows, ie The Wire and Oz, have their limits.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AuthenticM
HandsomeDead said:
"I've always wanted to watch this but by the time I got an interest, it was several seasons in. I imagine i'll download season 1 and give it a whirl in the coming weeks though, it seems to have gone on for a very long time now and even the greatest shows, ie The Wire and Oz, have their limits."
Definitely check it out. I've downloaded (illegally) season 1 since there was no way for me to rent it whatsoever where I live, and it hooked me up on the very first episode. I'm eventually going to buy the seasons on DVD/Blu-ray because it's so good. And season 2 is even better than the first (Famke Janssen... *drools*). Trust me my friend, check it out. Check it out in chronological order though; don't make the mistake of starting half-way through.
CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By CharleyTony

That show is awesome just too many plot twists when you are looking at season 4 .... great TV...

my best TV show right now is The Shield .... great crime drama.... almost believable...