Who Won the 2nd Presidential Debate?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By astrotriforce

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

We have a thread on this topic already.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By astrotriforce

@SexyToad said:

This isn't a discussion thread, it's a poll asking who won between the two.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@astrotriforce

@SexyToad said:

Mods will more than likely say this is still a duplicate.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta

this time we should just move it here and lock the other topic

also

if you voted for romney you are selectively hearing something fierce, romney fumbled on the most softballiest of softballs with Libya.

also binders full of women

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Karl_Boss

@Animasta said:

this time we should just move it here and lock the other topic

also

if you voted for romney you are selectively hearing something fierce, romney fumbled on the most softballiest of softballs with Libya.

also binders full of women

Don't worry, astrotriforce will be explaining how Romney won this debate soon. ;)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TruthTellah

@astrotriforce: You should close this and add "Neither" to this. Having only two selections is a bad way to conduct a poll like this; it leads to more partisanship and less actually useful information.

Even better, divide it as: Obama won by a lot, Obama won by a little, Romney won by a lot, Romney won by a little, or Neither won.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By astrotriforce

@Animasta: Everyone knows Obama wasn't referring to a terrorist attack. See his UN speech. He said "acts of terror" like someone who mugs another person in the streets. Yes that's an act of terror. We all know Obama's lies and spin should be the focus, which is why they are focusing on this parsing of the word "terror".

@Guided_By_Tigers: It was a draw, but I'd give the edge to Romney myself. Here's how I put it. Obama gained his mojo back, but didn't blunt Romney's momentum.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By astrotriforce

@TruthTellah said:

@astrotriforce: You should close this and add "Neither" to this. Having only two selections is a bad way to conduct a poll like this; it leads to more partisanship and less actually useful information.

Even better, divide it as: Obama won by a lot, Obama won by a little, Romney won by a lot, Romney won by a little, or Neither won.

No because it's about who WON. If you thought it was a tie, then don't vote. It's about who won. If you put neither in, everyone will pick that and we won't know who "won".

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Animasta

@astrotriforce: listen I admitted that mitt won the first debate and I am mad liberal (despite him winning by not saying anything and being super aggressive), how about you try being anything other than completely biased? Romney had the perfect opportunity to slam the prez on libya, hard, and he didn't. FACT.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By astrotriforce

@Animasta: Libya speaks for itself. I am biased dude. Just like you. Obama gained his mojo back. It was a tie. It was a Romney win in MY eyes, just like it was an Obama win in all liberal eyes. We'll see what Independents say about it.

All people throwing out jokes are not the people who will matter in this election.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Animasta

@astrotriforce: I will never understand the conservative mindset I swear

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Animasta

@astrotriforce: listen I admitted that mitt won the first debate and I am mad liberal (despite him winning by not saying anything and being super aggressive), how about you try being anything other than completely biased? Romney had the perfect opportunity to slam the prez on libya, hard, and he didn't. FACT.

Romney stuttered through that question until someone said "Whoops, we broke him. Let's just move on before this gets any uglier and he starts foaming at the mouth."
astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By astrotriforce

@Animasta: At least I've never used a curse word when referring to President Obama. I don't stoop that low.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By astrotriforce

@MariachiMacabre: You would too if they threw a gotcha at you. We all know what Romney was referring to and what Obama was referring too. His UN speech told either how much he is lying, or how incompetent Obama is.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Th3_James

Obizzle fo shizzle.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TruthTellah

@astrotriforce: If "Neither" doesn't make you happy, as though there can never be any uncertainty at all, why not at least split them up into two different categories? Obama won by a lot, Obama won by a little, Romney won by a lot, and Romney won by a little.

You're going to get far more interesting information out that. Just look at your past polls like this. For most of the time after the first debate, the vast majority just said President Obama had won. Then things evened out over time. Yet, people were just answering the poll based on their partisan leanings, as they were given only two answers. Even if they thought President Obama hadn't done well, they still would have answered that he "won", because they agreed with him more. You're going to see that in this one, too.

The best you're going to get is some kind of indication of how many of each side showed up to vote in the poll, not any kind of indication of who really "won". If you want to get something out of this, you can split them by how -much- they won, and that would at least give some indication of how close or distant the debate was based on enthusiasm over their performances.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Animasta

@astrotriforce said:

@Animasta: At least I've never used a curse word when referring to President Obama. I don't stoop that low.

who gives a shit? Obama fucking sucks and Romney fucking sucks three times as hard. they're both terrible, but one (romney) would ruin the country while the other (obama) would not. The president is just some dude, if you are abstaining from cursing the president (or a president hopeful) and not abstaining from it in your daily life you are being extremely hypocritical

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrKlorox
@astrotriforce said:

then immediately

@astrotriforce said:

[discussion]
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Hunter5024

Obama did better than last time I guess, but that's not saying much. I don't really think there was a clear winner in this debate.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Neither of them were very great, but Romney was a trainwreck. Obama wins by default.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Milkman
@astrotriforce said:

@Animasta: Everyone knows Obama wasn't referring to a terrorist attack. See his UN speech. He said "acts of terror" like someone who mugs another person in the streets. Yes that's an act of terror. We all know Obama's lies and spin should be the focus, which is why they are focusing on this parsing of the word "terror".

That's fucking absurd.
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SSully

@TruthTellah said:

@astrotriforce: If "Neither" doesn't make you happy, as though there can never be any uncertainty at all, why not at least split them up into two different categories? Obama won by a lot, Obama won by a little, Romney won by a lot, and Romney won by a little.

You're going to get far more interesting information out that. Just look at your past polls like this. For most of the time after the first debate, the vast majority just said President Obama had won. Then things evened out over time. Yet, people were just answering the poll based on their partisan leanings, as they were given only two answers. Even if they thought President Obama hadn't done well, they still would have answered that he "won", because they agreed with him more. You're going to see that in this one, too.

The best you're going to get is some kind of indication of how many of each side showed up to vote in the poll, not any kind of indication of who really "won". If you want to get something out of this, you can split them by how -much- they won, and that would at least give some indication of how close or distant the debate was based on enthusiasm over their performances.

I am proof of this post. I didn't see the debate, but wanted to see the poll results so I just voted obama

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By astrotriforce

@Animasta: Well obviously I disagree. Obama will push us off the cliff, Romney MAY not. And no I just have some dignity and respect for others.

@TruthTellah: That's a good point. But the reason I frame it this way is because I prefer simplicity. I don't like polls to get too convoluted. Sadly liberalism is baked into the cake though, they'll just vote "all Obama". So I think the change would be a wash. If you make it simple, at least people have only one or two choices and MUST choose. So that's my thinking.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@astrotriforce

@MariachiMacabre: You would too if they threw a gotcha at you. We all know what Romney was referring to and what Obama was referring too. His UN speech told either how much he is lying, or how incompetent Obama is.

A "gotcha"? How the fuck is anything referring to a recent attack on US diplomats a "gotcha"? Romney knew it was coming and he knew what he was going to say but the first thing he said was shot down as untrue and he failed to do anything but stutter when corrected.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Animasta

@astrotriforce: fine, have some dignity and respect for others, but don't act like cursing the president is any different then cursing patrick for being boring in a QL or whatever

InsidiousBliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By InsidiousBliss

Who won? People that like to argue about politics.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By astrotriforce

Post-debate poll on CNN. 58% Romney, Obama 46% (Economy), Taxes: 51% Romney.... couldn't type fast enough. Romney has won the debate in the post CNN poll. We'll see how it turns out in other polls.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By Dalai

I was waiting for one of them to say, "Great job, Jeremy." So nobody won.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Animasta

@astrotriforce said:

Post-debate poll on CNN. 58% Romney, Obama 46% (Economy), Taxes: 51% Romney.... couldn't type fast enough. Romney has won the debate in the post CNN poll. We'll see how it turns out in other polls.

how many of the democratic leaning polls are you going to post, hmm? (also I do believe that Obama had a 7% lead over mittens in the who won poll)

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jams

@Animasta said:

That's the real problem isn't it? People can't stand to put themselves in other people shoes and even try to consider another persons mindset. By the way, that's not really a passive aggressive comment towards you, but to all people who can't even fathom to play the devils advocate.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By astrotriforce

@MariachiMacabre: Because their trying to parse words and make it out like Romney was wrong. Romney's POINT was that Obama didn't call the attack what it was, a terrorist attack. But we'll just ignore that, and point out that Obama said "terror". Meanwhile he puts the blame on a youtube video in a major speech in front of the UN and repeats it six times while sending out the UN Ambassador Susan Rice to speak on foreign policy matters on all the news shows when it's Secretary Clinton's department. It's blatant what is going on. It's called a cover up.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Milkman
@astrotriforce said:

No idea where you're getting this information. The poll on the front page of CNN is 68% Obama, 32% Romney. 
Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By colourful_hippie

Not choosing cuz they're both suckers. Have the nation fucked faster with Mitt at the helm or have it slowly sink with Obama back for another term. Great choices.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Subjugation

These topics straight up shouldn't be created on this site, even in the off-topic sub-forum. These always turn into threads devoid of real discussion and filled with blatant partisanship and serious vitriol.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By eccentrix

@Jams said:

@Animasta said:

That's the real problem isn't it? People can't stand to put themselves in other people shoes and even try to consider another persons mindset. By the way, that's not really a passive aggressive comment towards you, but to all people who can't even fathom to play the devils advocate.

I try to think about it, but the only lead I have to go on is "Let's be evil for the sake of it." I guess there's some religious motives, but if you're wanting to separate church and state, or at least pretending to want to, I don't think they're worth considering.

I'm not trying to get into an argument or anything, I just want to put my hat in as someone who doesn't understand it, even though I have tried.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jams

@astrotriforce said:

@MariachiMacabre: Because their trying to parse words and make it out like Romney was wrong. Romney's POINT was that Obama didn't call the attack what it was, a terrorist attack. But we'll just ignore that, and point out that Obama said "terror". Meanwhile he puts the blame on a youtube video in a major speech in front of the UN and repeats it six times while sending out the UN Ambassador Susan Rice to speak on foreign policy matters on all the news shows when it's Secretary Clinton's department. It's blatant what is going on. It's called a cover up.

The transcript shows he just mentions "acts of terror". But if he called it a terrorist attack then why did he have to say that it was still being investigated and blame a video? Obama and Candy corn were both wrong on that.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Obama won by a lot, he was winning by a relatively small margin a la Romney in the first debate but then Romney fucked up on Libya and that's all folks. Don't think Obama's going to laze it up for the next debate and even with the press still trying to doggedly write the underdog narrative anyone who saw that gaff isn't going to be stupid enough to think Romney has much credibility in his accusations.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Turambar

@astrotriforce said:

@TruthTellah said:

No because it's about who WON. If you thought it was a tie, then don't vote. It's about who won. If you put neither in, everyone will pick that and we won't know who "won".

That sentence is fucking sad. Maybe the fact that everyone would pick neither tells you something about who won.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By astrotriforce

@Milkman: From the livestream.

www.cnn.com/election/2012/debates/second-presidential-debate

Looks like people are saying Obama won the debate, Romney won on each individual subject.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheFreeMan

It was kinda boring. Obama was playing it pretty cool, which was a little dull, but also hilarious considering Romney was making one goof after another goof and generally coming off as a mess.

I dunno. I guess Romney lost. I'm Canadian.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Animasta

I love how romney is trying to channel Herman Cain in his ability to say memetic things

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By astrotriforce

@Turambar: Yet one WILL become President. So who won the debate? Whether you want to vote neither is irrelevant. One of the two wins.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Romney creeps me out big time. I would not let my children (who don't exist) play near his house.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TruthTellah

@astrotriforce said:

@TruthTellah: That's a good point. But the reason I frame it this way is because I prefer simplicity. I don't like polls to get too convoluted. Sadly liberalism is baked into the cake though, they'll just vote "all Obama". So I think the change would be a wash. If you make it simple, at least people have only one or two choices and MUST choose. So that's my thinking.

Four choices is hardly lacking in simplicity. I think you will find a disappointing poll yet again, and it won't provide any information outside of "Well, more Giant Bomb users lean Democratic." That's just the reality, and asking it -too- simply leads to people just expressing their support instead of giving some kind of useful information. If you made it "Candidate by a lot, or Candidate by a little", you would at least be able to see some indication of enthusiasm over their performances which can inform the general feeling of Giant Bomb users toward the debate instead of it just being a party-line poll.

Now you're just getting people voting for their guy to even see the poll. It's a waste of time like this, and it's just an excuse to argue. Test the temperature of how well they did, not just test who people support. That's the most you can get out of a poll with such a select group like this.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Turambar

@astrotriforce said:

@Turambar: Yet one WILL become President. So who won the debate? Whether you want to vote neither is irrelevant. One of the two wins.

Yeah, and its not gonna be because whether they won or lost this debate when the criteria for winning or losing is "who is better at dodging questions."

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By astrotriforce

@TruthTellah: Do you HONESTLY think it would make a difference? That people would vote "Romney won by a little" instead of "Obama won by a lot?" I don't think so considering the make-up of the partisanship. But point well taken, I'll change the format for the next debate poll to include your options.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jams

@eccentrix said:

@Jams said:

@Animasta said:

I try to think about it, but the only lead I have to go on is "Let's be evil for the sake of it." I guess there's some religious motives, but if you're wanting to separate church and state, or at least pretending to want to, I don't think they're worth considering.

I'm not trying to get into an argument or anything, I just want to put my hat in as someone who doesn't understand it, even though I have tried.

I just tried 100 different ways to explain and failed on every one. It's something I can't explain in words unfortunately.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By astrotriforce

@Jams said:

@eccentrix said:

@Jams said:

@Animasta said:

I just tried 100 different ways to explain and failed on every one. It's something I can't explain in words unfortunately.

No one is evil for the sake of it unless they are TRULY evil (murderer or whatnot). A person's viewpoints are their viewpoints and their opinion and are shaped by many different factors. This generation's tendency to toss crap like that out about others is sad. And will lead to our downfall as others only see those who they disagree with with hateful eyes. When the Bible says to do the opposite, "Pray for those who persecute you." Don't wish for them to die.