Would you stop going to GB if any one of the core crew left?

• 111 results
themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you stop going to GB if any one of the core crew left? (696 votes)

Yes, GiantBomb IS Jeff, Vinny, Brad, Ryan, Patrick and other cool duders (if any one leaves) 7%
Only if Jeff left 17%
Only if Ryan left 1%
Only if Brad left 1%
Only if Vinny left 11%
Only if Patrick left 1%
Only if half of the core crew left 16%
Only if all of the core members left 22%
No. As long as the spirit of Luchadeer lives on 12%
No, if only the replacements are as cool as the original four 11%

Well it's sad to say but there has to be one day when someone leaves Giantbomb. Would you stop visiting?

• 
prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Vinny represent.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#102  Edited By huntad

If Jeff or Vinny left, I would seriously consider not using this site on a daily basis like I have. Jeff is Giant Bomb, and Vinny keeps the rest of their stupid comments on games in check at times.

jdevlin24tgb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think each person brings something different to the table; five seems to be a pretty solid number right now, but that can always change. Maybe get Drewbie on the camera more often...? If they were to lose three members, they would lose three very interesting perspectives and that would definitely weaken the site's overall appeal in my opinion.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team VJBRAPDDARWNLC!

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may not post as much as I used to but im still on GB pretty much constantly and have been since almost the start. I have to say I think its kinda ridiculous apparently more people care about patrick than brad or ryan but whatever thats how it goes sometimes. Honestly I like all the guys more than pretty much any other people in the industry so It would take probably half of them leaving for me to just say fuck it. Like from what I gather it seems like brad is making his way onto hopefully greener pastures but if it does in fact happen I wont leave the site. Ill probably start visiting whatever site he would start working on but I wouldnt leave GB

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

perish this thought.

it'd probably be hardest to deal with somehow if jeff left, cause as much as i love nearly equally all the other main duders he really is the heart and soul. but if it were literally just him leaving (which is pretty much impossible) i'd still follow the site/podcast/assorted nonsense pretty religiously. if he were somehow forced out i have a hard time believing most if not all of the guys would follow him where he went.

to gamebomb.ru

the only way i would most likely completely stop caring is if it were giantbomb in name only and everyone left. if one or two of the guys moved on i'd follow them and giantbomb the same. it may get difficult if it were only one or two of the guys left too, but i'd think the spirit would still partly be there.

(though brad, bless him and he's probably my favorite in a weird way, it may be difficult for him to carry the GB torch by his lonesome)

again perish the thought. LONG LIVE GIANTBOMB.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By super2j

@cale said:

The site wouldn't exist if not for Jeff... would be too strange without him.

one day if GB crashes and burns and is but a speck on internet history, I hope giantbomb goes on as a sad website filmed out of Jeff's room. Jeff will sigh and look to a picture of the core crew and just keep doing his thing and getting a couple hundred page views a day.

The rest of the crew

Patrick loses arm in a freak biking accident involving potholes.

Vinny becomes a stay at home dad.

Brad goes insane after a finally being broken by a game and goes on a killing spree, we will have lost most of double fine in the incident. (i actually depressed myself with this one lol)

Ryan moves in with Matt Rorie and they start a puppy-daycare.

Drew is lost at see because he flew a plane out to sea to stop a secret North Korean plot.

Dave releases a hardcore rap album and has his hit single "dragons feat. Mackelmore"

DID I GET ANYTHING WRONG?

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I would be sad if anyone left, I'm still kind of sad that Dave is leaving but that is balanced out with Rorie's return. I would be most shook up if either Jeff or Vinny left. But I would probably stick with the site till all of the principle 5 are gone, I stuck with 1up from their inception till their recent closure even though there was only a couple people left at the end.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#109  Edited By Pudge

If Jeff left I would definitely not visit the site as much as I do, and Vinny leaving would be a tragedy since he's been the only one doing reliably entertaining videos for a while now.

If Patrick left, I would throw a party and visit the site three times as much. Can't stand the guy, not just because he's the "newbie" when people first didn't like him, but the way he talks about games and the games and subjects he pays attention to are about as far from my likes as possible, and I've never laughed at anything he's done on the site. Also, his fans are the worst. Don't hold it against him, just saying my piece.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

#110  Edited By Lelcar

This is an extremely sad thing to consider. I was thinking about this the other day. What if one of them were to leave, or worse, what if one of them died?! It would be devastating. I've been consuming Giant Bomb since its inception and i definitely watch and listen to this stuff a lot more than TV or movies. I understand all the inside baseball that goes on within Giant Bomb. Dave leaving was a hard enough blow, I cant even IMAGINE one of the core members leaving or passing away.

I dunno, I wouldnt stop frequenting Giant Bomb if just one or two members left. I would continue with Giant Bomb, but I would also follow the trail of where the person left and enjoy their new venture. And there's always twitter and amateur blogs, I guess.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By J12088

Well it already kinda happened with dave leaving. His replacement is a big downgrade. I'd probably wait and see if any of the rest left to see how things change. Except with Patrick he can go.

theuselessgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 2

No, but I could see my interest waning if one of them left. Honestly, I haven't been as frequent to this site as usual, maybe because it seems like there's less content lately? Maybe it's just the content got longer (with all the live shows) verses all the quick looks the used to put up.

Regardless, the site's fun because of their group dynamic, and it would be a real shame if one or more of them left, but I'd probably keep coming. Though if Jeff left I'd have to keep following him wherever he went to. Despite the man's hate of Yoshi's Island, dude's got a head on his shoulders.