X-Men First Class

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By awe_stuck

Anyone camping in-front of theater to go see it?

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Loki9876

no but I allready saw it i live in Belgium you know so if you got questions fire them away

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By donchipotle

If by 'camping out' you mean 'Seeing it this weekend with a friend' then yeah. 

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NickL

I wouldn't say camping, I got there about 11:45 for the 12:10 showing and got a really good seat, people in my town don't like going to midnight releases I guess.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Gonna go see it this weekend with my sis, we're both X-men fangirls, so this'll be good!

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By laserbolts
I don't think I'll need to camp out but I'll probably go check it out this weekend.
MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By MEATBALL

It hit theatres yesterday in Australia, I went and saw it last night. It was excellent.

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By bearshamanbro
@loki9876: How did you like it? Looks really good to me, but not not 100% sold. Mostly because I wasn't a big fan of the past x-men movies.
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Barrock

I saw it last night at midnight. It was awesome. Try to avoid spoilers if you can. There's some really good stuff.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By MysteriousBob
@awe_stuck said:

No film on Earth is or will ever be worth doing that. I didn't even know it was due to be released soon.

I'll probably wait until it comes on TV or torrent it. I don't bother with the cinema anymore.
Avatar image for nightofthelivingdead
nightofthelivingdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MysteriousBob said:
@awe_stuck said:

No film on Earth is or will ever be worth doing that. I didn't even know it was due to be released soon. I'll probably wait until it comes on TV or torrent it. I don't bother with the cinema anymore.

yeah the cinema just sucks now. 

the candy is still like $60 a pack with soda
Stigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stigs

I'll probably go and see it sometime this weekend; but I won't be camping out for it. 

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By MysteriousBob
@nightofthelivingdead: Well I was never stupid enough to actually buy the snacks there. 

I dunno, I like the 'experience' of the cinema, but I've been suspcious ever since I wasted my money seeing Avatar in 3D Imax. Ugh, I'll never listen to a movie critic again.
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sameeeeam
@VelvetLore04 said:
If by 'camping out' you mean 'Seeing it this weekend with a friend' then yeah. 
This.
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EvilTwin

It's getting great reviews so I'll probably go see it, but I just can't fathom the interest in prequels to a series that was already pretty much ruined by the last movie.  Oh wait, they made that Wolverine movie too.  The X-Men movie franchise is kind of fucked unless they're going to completely reboot.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Barrock
@EvilTwin said:
It's getting great reviews so I'll probably go see it, but I just can't fathom the interest in prequels to a series that was already pretty much ruined by the last movie.  Oh wait, they made that Wolverine movie too.  The X-Men movie franchise is kind of fucked unless they're going to completely reboot.
There are some time differences. It looks like they might be mostly ignoring X3 which by all accounts is great!
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EvilTwin
@Barrock said:
@EvilTwin said:
There are some time differences. It looks like they might be mostly ignoring X3 which by all accounts is great!
I'm not really sure what you mean.  This movie takes place in the 60s, so X3 wouldn't have happened yet.
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Barrock
@EvilTwin said:

@Barrock said:

@EvilTwin said:

I'm not really sure what you mean.  This movie takes place in the 60s, so X3 wouldn't have happened yet.
Well like... some things occur that don't mesh with a flashback in X3. Sort of a spoiler so I don't want to ruin it. 

Actually a bunch of continuity things. Click if interested but there are spoilers. 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270798/board/thread/183617220
HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HubrisRanger

Saw it last night, pretty stellar. The art direction and cinematography in particular do a great job of giving off a sense of early 60s cool that Mad Men made very vogue but I find totally welcome still. Kevin Bacon in particular is surprisingly good. My only complaints are that both James McAvoy and especially Michael Fassbender do fantastic jobs as Xavier and Magneto, but its kinda hard to see how those people grow up to be Stewart and McKellen, and that a lot of the X-kids later on in the movie kinda feel like they're there to fill out the cast and, oh yeah, we need to get around to that whole starting a school plot, don't we?  It is really a retro James Bond movie set in the X-Men universe, and they may have benefited from focusing on the story of Erik and Charles and save the foundation of the school for the next movie.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By probablytuna

Was going to see it on Sunday but a buddy and I decided to see it today. It was awesome. Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy are amazing.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Loki9876
@bearshamanbro: i liked it it was not very faithful to the comics yes i'm a big comic geek. but still it was pretty good. and by the way i think this movie is only tied to x1 and x2 because some things just didn't fit. They probably ignore x3 and wolverine because they were bad.
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Not exactly camping out.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Hizang

I saw it yesterday, fantastic movie, just go into it knowing that there are alot of things that don't quite match up with the other X-Men movies. Aside from that fantatastic film, best X-Men film.