You guys watch The Interview?

• 83 results
AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I personally enjoyed the film. I don't understand all the hate. Polygon did a really negative review of the film which kind of pushed me to rent it off of youtube. Then again I have enjoyed Rogan and Franco's past work, so maybe I'm biased. I was curious if any of you duders were as offended by the film as most of these critics seem to be.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not sure if I'd be interested was contemplating about watching it later tonight when I'm at my folks. I've already been fooled once by the James Franco / Seth Rogan bromance comedy Pineapple Express. All I remember from that film was Paper Airplanes and a guy sneaking pineapple slices in front of us and asking us if we wanted some.

Salvationtwist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

its was funny i enjoyed it

james franco is awesome

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have it sitting here and ready to watch. I liked Pineapple Express, loved This Is The End, so I'm excited to see this. I'm sure it won't be a great movie, but as long as it's decent.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Well I had to watch it at this point. And it was exactly what I expected, a very stupid movie that is on the same level as other Rogen-Franco films. It was alright but I haven't been a big fan of their films.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6/10. I got mega bored towards the end.

Kiri90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not yet, but I'll rent it in the next few days. I'm sure it'll be dumb fun, but I also want to make sure to support artistic freedom of expression.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im kinda ashamed to admit I liked it. But I think going in with expectations of seeing a truly horrible movie helped. Was only up hill from there. It was worth a watch, made me laugh a few times. Esp the comment on Rob Lowe's hair.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The credits are currently rolling in the background and I enjoyed the film. It was funny, but it wasn't an outrageously hilarious movie. The last Rogan and Franco movie I saw was This Is The End and I thought that was funnier.

That being said I think it's kinda fun to be able to say that I saw the movie.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

glad it sounds like this will all blow over in a week or so rather than causing a world war.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Not yet. I'm gonna get it after the first.

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw it yesterday on XBox Live. If you like James Franco and Seth Rogan movies you'll like this one too. It's pretty funny IMO.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I feel like I'm somehow expected to see it as some sort of artistic freedom political statement so that's exactly why I won't be watching it.

goreyfantod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

I feel like I'm somehow expected to see it as some sort of artistic freedom political statement so that's exactly why I won't be watching it.

Freedom Isn't Free

j/k - I'm with you on this one. Plus, Rogen's response to this review was childish.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been following news today but I saw it was torrentable this morning, was it released legally elsewhere?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@pinner458: It's in some theatres and it was released on Google Play, Xbox Video and Youtube.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seetheinterview.com is a shitty way to watch the movie. Doesn't seem to be in the fast lane of internet priority.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Meh, whatever. I will forget all about by next week I'm sure. Not terrible, but not really anything anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I don't know if I'd say it's bad per say. It's kinda just okay. I would definetly just recomend renting over buying it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By Humanity

@dudeglove: Pineapple Express was really good for a variety of reasons. I'm trying to think of non-US comedy movies of late and I'm kind of drawing a blank.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Oldirtybearon

it's a dumb comedy made by guys who make dumb comedies. It got a few laughs out of me; that's all I was expecting so it did its job rather well.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Yep, really enjoyed it. The middle act is kinda lacking in laughs, but the first and last acts definitely have some real funny moments. I enjoyed how animated and over the top Franco was here. Randall Park was excellent as Kim Jong-un, too. The movie is basically exactly what I expected, which I am satisfied with. The hate towards it is pretty ridiculous. It's just pure dumb fun.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was funny. People trying to make a statement by not liking it, good for you. Yes, we see you. You're different.Good work.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, just watched it. On one hand, I enjoyed the hell out of it. On the other, most of the jokes fell flat, and it's easily the worst of the Rogen/Franco movies. It's the rare comedy that works despite not actually being very funny. (I should add a big, flashing "in my opinion", since people are so touchy about this movie)

In the end, though, I'm glad I saw it.

The funniest thing about it is that would have come and gone with only slightly more attention than any other lukewarm comedy if G.O.P hadn't inadvertently given it the ol' Streisand Effect boost.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Glad to see all the uproar, hacking, threats, political statements and hoopla were over a movie worthy of all the commotion.

What a waste of everyone's time. No offense to Seth Rogan or whatever, but this whole thing was stupid.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

@pinner458: It's in some theatres and it was released on Google Play, Xbox Video and Youtube.

Youtube!? Really!? I'm actually really surprised by that. Kind of feel sorry for Sony that they won't get much of a return on it. Kind of....

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Corevi
MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched it yet but I plan on eventually seeing it.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Doesn't seem like something that could hold my attention anyway. Rogen is alright but this one, aside from the controversy, doesn't seem that funny/worth seeing.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it, but haven't watched yet. I expect some giggles and not much else. I'm not sure why people are thinking this is supposed to be some profound film just because it pissed off that pudgy little brat in North Korea.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Movie was slightly better than the Guilt Trip meaning it's pretty terrible. If I was North Korea I'd probably be pissed that it's a terrible movie more than the subject matter. If you folks want to watch a good satire film this holidays load up netflix and watch Team America World Police.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Just saw it, we were all laughing our asses off

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a weak and deeply flawed movie. If it was not for the controversy it would of been forgotten by the end of the year. Glad I watched it, and bought a copy but it's not an enjoyable enough production to revisit or quote with friends. The polygon title…"The Interview is the most disappointing movie of 2014" is nothing more than a click-bate title. It was never meant to be high art, it's just a dumb comedy and I'll defend that any day.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I laughed. It's a really silly movie.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Girlfriend and I just watched it.

It wasn't high on the laughs, but it was alright. Glad we rented, though.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill pass. I bought 22 Jump Street so I'm good on stupid comedy for now

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't very funny but it was pretty harmless all things considered. Like, getting so worked up over something so ridiculous is just, well, ridiculous.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ripelivejam

no, but i watched RotK and like always lost it at the line "My friends, you bow to no one." :')

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the verges review and the last paragraph just cemented why i wasn't going to watch it anyway. I didn't see the Dictator either for similar reasons. Parody all you want, but whe you trivialise just random people who by dumb luck are just born there, it shows that you haven't made any smart or intellectual points through your comedy. At least thats my point of view.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@dudeglove: Pineapple Express was really good for a variety of reasons. I'm trying to think of non-US comedy movies of late and I'm kind of drawing a blank.

Alpha Pappa

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was really boring. I would die a smidgen happier if I never had to see another movie with James Franco and Seth Rogen in it. Not since Will Ferrell and John C Reilly has a comedy duo been so lame.

The last scene with Kim Jong Un in the helicopter looked pretty cool, though.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Thought it was ok. Not really a banger like This Is The End or very good like Pineapple Express.

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JohnTunoku

Why exactly is Polygon reviewing movies? Is publishing sensationalized garbage about games not getting them the views they want?

Was personally tired of Franco and Rogen's sort of schtick a while ago, so I don't think I'd get a lot out this film. Watched a bit of it with the family over Christmas though, was about what I expected.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I just watched it. It was okay. I've seen enough terrible comedies to know that this is a league above those, but I can't say I laughed very often. It would've been better if I weren't watching it by myself.

That Polygon review is something else. They basically imply that it's homophobic to stick something in your butt and not enjoy it.

betaband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was alright. The biggest surprise for me was Diana Bang. She was great.