Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

The large app library the iPod Touch has makes it almost an obvious choice for me.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

I would get an iPod Touch because of its many features. Just be prepared for when it freezes up all the time and generally acts weird.

Also, if you do get the iPod, stay away from the Facebook app.

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Reuben

Well in my opinion, You can't really compare the two since one of them isn't out yet.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

The iPod Touch is a pretty shitty music player. It's more of an app-toy. If you like that, go for that.

The Zune HD will probably have the same general touch-screen hang-ups that the Touch does, but the Zune as a music player is better than the iPod (although obviously lower in playback quality compared to an archos or a cowan) and it will probably not be as much of an app-toy.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolverine
@Agnogenic said:
" The large app library the iPod Touch has makes it almost an obvious choice for me. "
You should go with the iPod Touch because of the Apps. I am a Zune owner by the way.
Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By pirate_republic

Guys, this is not the time for this. Perhaps when we know ANYTHING about the Zune HD you should make this thread again. Or better yet, when it's actually out.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Vinchenzo

Zune HD because Zune is superior. I'll be buying one when it comes out.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Karmum

Comparing a product that isn't even released yet (albeit looks fucking superb), to a product already out. iPod Touch sucks when it comes to listening to music, but obviously is app-friendly. I always considered the Zune to be a quality music player, and the Zune HD looks extremely solid. I'm getting one in September (if the rumored release date of September 8th isn't changed), I can't wait. I'm willing to make the sacrifices of applications for a solid music player, and it does have an internet browser, even if it is Internet Explorer.

Edit - I probably should not have even voted, since the Zune HD won't be out until the Fall.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By CenturionCajun

I'm not going to say that one is superior to the other but that I am going to get the Zune HD when it comes out. I've had a Zune since the player launched and it has served me well. I has survived college, the Army, being dropped out a window, down stairs and many other horrible things. In the same time period my sister has had three iPods that all died suddenly from strange symptoms. I'm sure the Zune HD will continue the durability and the possibility of integration with the Xbox 360 makes it a sure thing.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Babble

Depends on what people think of the ZuneHD when it comes out. If Microsoft can get something like an App store on the Zune (unless they already have one...) then I could see it being better. The biggest problem Microsoft has is the image of the product. A lot of people just buy iPods these days because it's the 'thing' to do.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karmum
@Babble said:
" Depends on what people think of the ZuneHD when it comes out. If Microsoft can get something like an App store on the Zune (unless they already have one...) then I could see it being better. The biggest problem Microsoft has is the image of the product. A lot of people just buy iPods these days because it's the 'thing' to do. "
Ad Campaign, seems absolutely nonexistant for the Zune brand. I have seen no advertisements for the Zune on the television, but you see plenty of iPod commercials out there.
Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Babble
@Karmum said:
" @Babble said:
" Depends on what people think of the ZuneHD when it comes out. If Microsoft can get something like an App store on the Zune (unless they already have one...) then I could see it being better. The biggest problem Microsoft has is the image of the product. A lot of people just buy iPods these days because it's the 'thing' to do. "
Ad Campaign, seems absolutely nonexistant for the Zune brand. I have seen no advertisements for the Zune on the television, but you see plenty of iPod commercials out there. "
Yeah, an ad campaign would be a start. But I feel like Microsoft is just at an inherent disadvantage no matter how good the product is these days.
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By CenturionCajun

There are Zune commercials. Those ones with Common and Africa Bam Bada. They were kind of confusing and not very memorable. Unlike those iPod commercials with everyone dancing around.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ahriman22

Were is the neither option?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TwoOneFive
i would have said IPHONE but you posted ipod touch. 
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By AndrewB

I'd wait to see exactly what is happening with the Zune HD. If Microsoft can't come up with a true rival to the app store, you may be better off, as a gamer, going the touch route. I'm also a happy Zune owner, so don't take that advice as another Apple fanboy in the crowd.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Vinchenzo said:
" Zune HD because Zune is superior. I'll be buying one when it comes out. "
Well that was an unbiased opinion. -_-
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vinchenzo
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
Well that was an unbiased opinion. -_- "
Truly. I just like Zune a lot better than any Mac product. iPods are the most overrated pieces of crap. It's that one thing you buy because "everybody else has one." The Zune HD to me looks really good, especially since I somehow got a small scratch on my current Zune screen. I wonder when it's coming out...
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Vinchenzo said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
Truly. I just like Zune a lot better than any Mac product. iPods are the most overrated pieces of crap. It's that one thing you buy because "everybody else has one." The Zune HD to me looks really good, especially since I somehow got a small scratch on my current Zune screen. I wonder when it's coming out...
"
So you basically bought a Zune to be some non-conformist?
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By toowalrus

iPhones apps are horribly over rated. I've got an iPod touch that I don't use, actually... impulse buy. I love the classic iPods, though, so that's my mp3 player of choice. The zune HD looks good, but I'm dissapointed that there's no HDMI out unless you carry around a dock. Personally, I'd go for the Zune.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Vinchenzo said:
Truly. I just like Zune a lot better than any Mac product. iPods are the most overrated pieces of crap. It's that one thing you buy because "everybody else has one." The Zune HD to me looks really good, especially since I somehow got a small scratch on my current Zune screen. I wonder when it's coming out... "
That can go both ways, Zune is the one thing you buy when you "hate on iPod because everyone has one."  

Personally, I like my iPod touch.  The apps are not overrated, some of them individually are but overall they are an awesome extension to the product.  Just be selective when you buy them and then your not getting ripped off. 
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vinchenzo
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
"
So you basically bought a Zune to be some non-conformist? "
Actually I got the Zune to give to my Dad for his birthday. After about a year or so he said he never used it. (I originally bought it so he could do something on the train to work and back. But he just naps apparently.) So I have the Zune now, one of the original 30G models. I enjoy the features and especially the marketplace. I stand by my opinions on iPod, iPhones, and other shitty Apple products. Apple makes you pay twice as much for everything from laptops to MP3s. No thanks.

I will acknowledge, however, the iPod shuffle is a pretty good deal if you just want to listen to music. Although I'm also fairly certain you can still find cheaper products.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mordukai
This topic is is pure gold for fanboyism propaganda babble. 

"iPod sucks because everyone has one", "Apple makes the most overrated products" = Ignorance 
Personally I have general mistrust in any hardware coming out of Miscrosft because...well lets face it, Microsoft don't know how to make good, reliable hardware because at heart they are a software company and they operate as such. 
woo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By woo

I read somewhere that the Zune HD will have a game apps store, but it's not confirmed if it will have nongaming apps.

A couple of months ago, I did some comparison shopping between iPods and Zunes, and found that the Zune has better sound and video quality.  So I bought the Zune 120, and I love the little brick.

I was also surprised at the simplicity and effeciency of the  Zune software.  I previously had iTunes and couldn't stand navigating through it.  

Also, the Zune has nice integration with the Xbox 360.  If you have your computer on, you can share music/videos/pictures/podcasts over your network, be it wireless or wired, to your 360. Or you can simply use the usb cable and connect your Zune directly to the Xbox.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jayge_
@Mordukai said:

Personally I have general mistrust in any hardware coming out of Miscrosft because...well lets face it, Microsoft don't know how to make good, reliable hardware because at heart they are a software company and they operate as such. 
"
And you talk about ignorance :-/
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Death_Unicorn
@Mordukai said:
" This topic is is pure gold for fanboyism propaganda babble. 

"iPod sucks because everyone has one", "Apple makes the most overrated products" = Ignorance 
"
"Miscrosft because...well lets face it, Microsoft don't know how to make good, reliable hardware because at heart they are a software company and they operate as such. "
Isn't that just a tad fanboyish?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mordukai
@Jayge: If telling the truth makes me ignorant then so be it. What I say is true, Microsoft at heart are a software company not a hardware.  believe it or not. 
Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Gav47

I just want a 64GB touch, the 32GB won't hold all of my music.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30  Edited By natetodamax
@TooWalrus said:
" iPhones apps are horribly over rated. I've got an iPod touch that I don't use, actually... impulse buy. I love the classic iPods, though, so that's my mp3 player of choice. The zune HD looks good, but I'm dissapointed that there's no HDMI out unless you carry around a dock. Personally, I'd go for the Zune. "
I agree that the apps are overrated. Most of them are pretty bad.

Also, 3,000 post!
krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By krystians

I am going have to say iTouch, for two reason. Firstly because I have one, and the apps rock, expecially Peggle. The second reason is because I am Canadian and there is no Zune support according to this Microsoft rep that I talked with. :( I was looking forward to the Zune HD, I will get it if I can download apps and everything even though I am in Canada.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jayge_
@Mordukai said:
" @Jayge: If telling the truth makes me ignorant then so be it. What I say is true, Microsoft at heart are a software company not a hardware.  believe it or not.  "
As far as I know, Microsoft has two main hardware offerings. The 360, which is a piece of shit, and the Zune, which is a high-quality device from both a software and a hardware perspective. So... they're 1 for 1 so far, really.
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#33  Edited By dsplayer1010

iPod touch. Wow. The Zune's winning?

mellenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mellenman

Man this is really even. i mean its 50/50 even!

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tmontana1004

Personally, I think that Apple is an evil empire that sells overpriced and shoddy products. I guess the same can be said for Microsoft too hehe but I hate Apple much worse for their ability to swindle so many people into buying their overpriced PC's, when you can build a better one yourself for half the price. BTW, Zune HD - no doubt in my mind. Zune is imo one of Microsoft's best products; I own an 80gb myself and have no problems, except for me dropping my Zune in water numerous times, with it succumbing to water damage =( also I think you get more bang for your buck with the Zune, check out it's features, but the only thing I really want is some kind of youtube integration like the itouch or a web browser. BTW, the Ipod Touch is a great product, don't get me wrong, I just think it is overpriced.

Nat3TheGreat13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By Nat3TheGreat13

I really like my Zune and can't wait to get a Zune HD.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NickL

i am very excited for the zune hd and really do hope it works as well as the ipod touch, but as most other "ipod killers", they usually fall short, so i will wait and see

edit: but yes, if the zune turns out as good as it looks i will be getting one

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Ipod, I just like iTunes...

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

If you're going to be using the iPod touch for music, don't expect much, because the audio quality isn't good. I've got a Cowon S9 for music, movies, and full Linux support and I love it. I plan on getting an iPhone 3GS once my two-year contract runs up for the apps and some games.

drangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By drangel

In terms of Apps I'd go with iPod, but the music deals in Zune are cheaper, and more rewarding because the format works everywhere, unlike itunes mp4, who needs conversion in order to stream through consoles, and play on WMP, also the fact that I had to pay again for the music I've bought through my iphone in order to have it on my new Vista PC, is lame something like itunes PLUS, instead  $.99 you pay about $.30 per song, but still, it's stupid to charge me twice, Amazon doesn't do that.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really a matter of how cool you are. It's cool to hate iPods at the moment because everyone has one, so go with the Zune, or you won't be cool.

Avatar image for snoopeasystreet
snoopeasystreet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By snoopeasystreet

Which one will see more? Ipod touch.

Which one do I believe will be the better piece of hardware? Zune HD
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jNerd

Zune HD, absolutely no contest.

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SimpsonFan

People just buy ipods because they're are in. I'm a teenager, when people see me listening to my Zune, they are like "OMG! WHATS THAT!" just because it's not an ipod but a much more supeior piece of MP3 player. Get the Zune.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RetroIce4
@ Natetodamax
You evil traitor!. Billy Mays you are supposed to be advertising the new Zune HD and I supposedly buying.
Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Shadowsquire
@Mordukai said:
" @Jayge: If telling the truth makes me ignorant then so be it. What I say is true, Microsoft at heart are a software company not a hardware.  believe it or not.  "
And Duracell is a battery company that shouldn't make SD cards and USB drives, right? Wrong. It turns out they actually make pretty decent ones. So why can't the same be of microsoft and an mp3 Player? Also if you would stop and think for a second, half of an mp3 player is firmware. Or in otherwords, software. So isn't microsoft being a software company maybe a good thing? Maybe after being in buisness after all these years they actually know something about making a functional program? I would think so. *Cue zune software/firmware*
thegriefer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By thegriefer

wait for the new pod touch that comes out this year since it might have video recording.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Buy the Zune, even if it's just out of principle. Apple needs to be taught a lesson that just because they have a diehard fanboy fanbase, they shouldn't charge double for their products, especially when most of them are inferior to the competition.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JJOR64

I'm curious about the Zune HD.  I hope that it as the potential to be as good as the iPod Touch.

mellenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mellenman
@WitchHunter_Z:  What do you mean by charging double. From what I heard the Zune Hd will be more expencive than the ipod touch.