Have you played Okami? What did you play it on if so, and did you like it?

• 65 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By NTM

@csl316: Dang, have you been doing any side stuff? There didn't feel like a whole lot, no, but I guess enough to bring ten more hours out of it. This is also including feeding animals, reviving trees, breaking rocks and digging holes for clovers or treasure chests. Also, I'm not sure if the side missions are necessary? The side content is some of the only ways to find celestial brush techniques and I'm not sure how that plays in the end if you don't have them. Maybe it just forces you to do specific ones.

I was just at the 21-hour mark when I finished the Moon Cave. I enjoyed the side missions fine. The only ones that I felt were more like a chore were the three bounty checklists, but they were a good way to get items/money/demon fangs and are relatively short. I never really burnt out on the game. There is a point that you get to a snowy area (the last area of the game) and I was thinking 'dang, I think I'm done with this' and then immediately after I was still excited to keep going.

Also, odinsmana says its a third of the way through, but for me, it was about halfway. The only way you got there in ten hours is if you didn't do side stuff and are beelining it to the main story content, I'm not sure how you could otherwise. If you go at the pace you're going, then you'll probably be fine except for the fact you may have a tougher time since you won't have spent enough time upgrading. It's an easy game though, so maybe not. I think they might make you do some side stuff though for the brush techniques.

Lastly, I didn't do a lot of grinding. The only thing I didn't do in the game is get one item because it cost 2000000. I didn't want to waste my time with that, and by the time you can get it, you already have enough stuff that it's not necessary.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I think Okami is super great. The tone, the humor, the combat, the graphics, the setting, etc. Like others say, the game lasts too long but I think that's honestly the case with almost ALL open world action adventure games like this.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@ntm:I dunno, I've talked to everyone I could talk to and I'm grabbing anything in the world I can find (holes to dig, trees to save, animals to feed). If there's side stuff, then it must be hidden somewhere deep. Unless things really start to open up after the cave.

Blastr85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I played it on PS2 shortly after it came out rented it from the video store I worked in. I'd heard it was like Zelda and it looked really cool but, man I really couldn't get into it at all, bounced off after about 3 hours.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: If i remember correctly the majority of side quests open up in act 2.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I played about half way through the PS3 HD remaster and was loving it, but then life got in the way. Intend to pick up on PS4.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By NTM

@csl316: You also talk to them again right? You often have to talk to them more than once. I'm not really sure how you could get there in ten hours if you've done everything unless we're not talking about the same thing? You already explored all of Hana Valley (as much as you can anyway), did all of Agata Forest, all of Taka Pass and already searched out all the dogs? Did the Gale Shrine and did the festival back in the Kimiki village? I don't know, that's a bunch of hours already right there. That really is halfway through the game. That's just not ten hours. The side stuff isn't secret: you just talk to the NPC's. I never really got stuck in the game either. The only time I did was when I was trying to do side tasks I wasn't able to do yet, and that wasn't for long.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By csl316

@ntm: Yes, did all that. Talked to folks until they repeated dialogue.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Hmm. Did the game say you were at ten hours? It doesn't seem conceivable that that could happen if you were to do everything, so I don't know what to tell you. The game is anywhere from 35 to 50 hours; 50 if you do everything, 35 if you go through just the story.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked it! It's too long, and ends with a boss rush, which is bad--but it's just so darn charming that my memories of it are overwhelmingly fond.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completed it twice on Wii, again on HD Remaster on PS3, and I'm probably going to buy it again on PS4. It's a beautiful game, from soundtrack and style to story, characters and gameplay. Definitely one of my favourite games. It's one of the few I'd say is a must play.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadypingu: Yeah, the boss rush thing wasn't great, but at least it only took about ten minutes since all the bosses went down with a few hits.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the japanese ps2 version but couldn't read it and got stuck, later finished the english ps2 release and started a wii playthrough but never finished. It's been a while since I played it but I have many fond memories and recently started playing the HD version on PC. I remember it being long but personally I enjoyed it throughout, I'm certainly gonna finish this PC playthrough.

P.S. Game still looks fucking gorgeous. Love that art style.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By frymillstrum

On the Wii and didn't really like despite being a huge Zelda fan.

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Qrowdyy

Yo, Okami is the shit. I might have even said it was the best Zelda game before BOTW came out.

Played it on the Wii which is the far superior version as long as you’re wiimote tracking works properly(I’ll grant that that’s highly situational)

@ntm: Avatar buddies!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Ok, beat Orochi with sake at 11 hours in. I FUCKING LOVED THIS GAME!

I say that because that first section felt like a full game. I'm going to consider the rest of it as a sequel to return to later (yeah, I know about Okamiden but whatever).

The pacing was great, I loved the story, the art and music were wonderful, the boss designs were clever, the dungeons didn't drag, and I'm so glad I finally tried it.