Overwatch 2's Cleaning House Weekly Is Pure RNG Garbage

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fatalbanana

I just want to post this picture and rant for a bit.

No Caption Provided

I like Overwatch 2 a lot. I think they made some really good choices when it comes to gameplay and hero reworks. I'm ok with the game going ftp I think the positives outweigh the negatives, but the negatives are pretty damn negative. This challenge relies on so many variables and the requirements are so high that it is damn near broken. I've spent 4 to 6 hours a day for the past few days trying to get this one challenge. All so I can get a measly 60 coins that I can save up over the course of a few months to maybe get to 1000 and afford the battle pass two seasons from now or a decent skin I like.

Unfortunately, the luck gods were not on my side for this one. 2 more needed with less than a minute left.

The weeklies just changed, and this challenge is there once again, of course with my progress reset.

I'm so annoyed

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

The main issue I had with OW2 was the cellphone number requirement to play the game. But they recently changed it over the weekend so only new players have to give their numbers and people who've owned the original OW and put a lot of hours into the game get a pass, like myself. I haven't played any of it yet, because I'm currently playing other games, but from what I hear, its pretty much more of the same with some small differences, the major one being the 5v5 instead of 6v6.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@fatalbanana: How do they define a "team kill" that makes it so hard?

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@av_gamer:

I played it for a while yesterday, having not played for years.

I have a lot of complaints, but the main ones are:

If you are picking a damage dealer in role que it says 5 mins, for me it was 8 mins twice and then 14 mins. It was roughly a half hour of waiting for about 25 mins of game id say.

If you pick a character who is not self explanatory, there are no in game tooltips describing what the abilities do. Maybe there is and I cant find it? It just dumps you into the match and you have to trial and error and figure it out. I dont have time to practice every single hero and figure out what their abilities do. Just a little tooltip would do it, that's all I need.

It feels slow. Its a slow game. And kind of dull.

All three games were on the same map, which I remember from the last time I played like 3 years ago.

As someone who I would assume they are targeting with this sequel, I feel absolutely zero compunction to return Ill give it one more shot tonight to try a few different heros but I will most likely be uninstalling.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ginormous76: everyone on the opposite team has to be dead at the same time

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fatalbanana

@splodge: My ques have never been that long that's crazy.

Hit f1 anytime will bring up a complete breakdown of the characters abilities. I don't find it slow at all but maybe that's just me.

You should never have multiple matches on the same map I've never even heard of that happening. Not that I don't believe you just a wild sounding thing to me.

It's cool if it's not for you, it is a particular game that either clicks or not.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@av_gamer: I mean it's Overwatch with new heroes, reworked old ones, new and reworked maps, going ftp.

5v5 makes a pretty large difference to the moment-to-moment gameplay. having one less tank and less barriers overall makes things feel much more dynamic and fast passed at least to me.

I don't really get the criticism that it's more of the same. What would an ideal sequel look like if it isn't exactly what they did?

To each their own though

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fatalbanana

@ginormous76: more specifically it's hard because it wholly relies you get matched on a team that's able to work together enough to do it and matched against a team that's vulnerable to it. and that has to happen 20 times

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The credits reward for doing the weeklies is so small that I just ignore them. I got 5 just playing how I normally play. I've already accepted that I'll never have enough to get anything I actually want.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistpreacher: that's probably the right attitude have right now. They should add credit rewards to the battle pass I spent 10 dollars and don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Hopefully they'll change a bunch of this stuff soon.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's a garbage quest. I managed to pull it off by playing an ungodly amount over the weekend, after being locked out of the game by the SMS requirement, and it's a huge pain in the ass. I found more team kills came easier in competitive mode, or if you do the Push Mode maps in Arcade. Seems like more people are likely to be bunched up there for easier team kills. Probably not worth the literal extra 10 cents.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see going for 8 out of 11 since the first 4 or 5 seem likely to come automatically as you play anyway, but yeah, going for all 11 seems like a fool's errand/needless busywork. You'll have more fun and probably play more effectively if you aren't trying to fulfill some dumb arbitrary challenge.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fatalbanana: Yeah, the long wait times between matches is something I've heard about a lot.

@splodge: I'm just going by what I heard for right now. I'll try to put some serious time in this weekend. More of the same in OW isn't completely a bad thing for me, since I liked the original a lot. Hell, I was even a fan and watcher of the OWL. With that said, them keeping their promise of making OW2 mainly PvE would've been nice. They claim that big update is coming next year. We'll see.

photomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@av_gamer: Not the original person you replied to, but queue times are always gonna be rough for certain roles. Everyones wants to the be Genji or Pharah getting a POTG, so queing as DPS is always gonna take a while. I've been queing as "All Roles" and getting into a game within 30 seconds (usually 66% of the time as Support, 33% as Tank and once as DPS).

Same issue exists in any role-based multiplayer, the flashy role always draws in more players, resulting in longer queues. I had the same experience in League playing a mid-laner

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@av_gamer: Wasn't the point of that to combat smurfing? Wouldn't OW1 accounts with lots of hours still be potential smurf accounts? Or is are we talking a matter of years, not months?

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got this pretty easily over a course of a week.

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RagTagBag

@undeadpool: Smurfing is creating a new account so you get matched with new players. You can't really use an account created in Overwatch to smurf in Overwatch 2 unless you really planned ahead.

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge: If you're just looking to play, there's an open queue option that lets you play whatever you want with the only restriction being that you can't have the same hero twice on the same team. The queues for that are pretty instant. Open queue still counts for most of the challenges as well.

The reality though is that the game's not all that great if you're not playing with people you know.

If you hold Y/PS equivalent of Y on the character select screen it brings up the character overview. On the PC you can press F1 at any time.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragtagbag: Ah ok, for the life of me I couldnt figure out how to do it. I somehow missed it in the controls?

I definitely think not having friends playing it is a big part of why I am not enjoying it. That and the pacing just feels off for me. The recent COD beta may have messed up my shooter brain. And I am replaying DOOM 2016 at the moment.... And I installed Titanfall 2 last night.....

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@av_gamer: Wasn't the point of that to combat smurfing? Wouldn't OW1 accounts with lots of hours still be potential smurf accounts? Or is are we talking a matter of years, not months?

You have a point, but at the same time many OW1 accounts are of people who genuinely played the game honestly and did not cheat in any way. More importantly, they purchased the game when it came out. Suddenly cutting those people out with a phone number requirement is just bad for business and I'm glad Blizzard realized it. And I believe they said any account before early June 2021 didn't need the requirement, so I guess it would be a matter of years. I personally haven't played OW1 for over a year and a half after putting many hours into the game years prior.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@av_gamer: Excellent points all, and as one of those players, I was a bit confused as to why I wasn't being asked for a phone number, I was just wondering if I'd misunderstood the entire point of the new policy.

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undeadpool: You also may have already given them your phone number. They needed a phone number for their authenticator.