High-Profile or Low-Profile - Which type of keys you prefer for mechanical gaming keyboard?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll High-Profile or Low-Profile - Which type of keys you prefer for mechanical gaming keyboard? (7 votes)

High-Profile Keys 43%
Low-Profile Keys 57%

Dear PC gamers in the Giant Bomb forums

I would like to see you guys share your thoughts on these two types of key cases for the keyboard, so for me, I have been loving to use mechanical keyboards with RGB lights for gaming and decorated into a synthwave-themed desktop gaming computer, because it's my personal favorite music genre.

Sidenote: My personal favorite games for keyboard and mouse are Car Mechanic Simulator 2021, American Truck Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and PC Building Simulator.

• 
gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry guys I had to restart this poll thread, because of some of the mistakes that I made as I cannot edit.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This would probably be easier to understand if you describe what you meant by "High Profile" and "Low Profile" since you refer to both cases and what I assume are keycaps in your original post.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

I am 100% a low-profile supporter. After using laptops for work, writing, and even gaming for over ten years; I have just gotten to the point to where I prefer the immediacy of low-profile switches to normal or high-profile switches.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gtxforza

@bicycleham: Oh my bad, I could have mentioned keycaps instead.

@zombiepie: I understood, I can sense the reason for people prefer to use low-profile keycaps in the office because it's quieter than high-profile keycaps so everyone can work more confidently, but for myself, I prefer to use the high-profile keyboard as part of my way to catch the 1980's vibes.