So fucking hyped. EMANCIPATE ME, ATLUS.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Verendus

@hailinel: You want me to go in-depth on something I have no fucking clue about? Newsflash buddy, not everyone watches or follows anime, I do not know names of different anime art styles, My sincerest apoligies, and that's why I phrased it as just "Animeish".

You remind me of idiots who pick their nose if someone says Skrillex is "dubstep" instead of "bumblebeegrindcorestep".

I've played quite many JRPG games, but Persona's art style has held me off from trying it out. There are opinions in this world, you can agree or disagree with them, but pulling "Your argument isn't valid" card because I don't know in depth anime styles is just plain idiotic, especially when there was no argument to begin with.

I'm certainly not the only gamer who hasn't been interested about a video game because they didn't like the way it plays, looks or sounds. Obviously you're just pissed off because I am not excited about the announcement, and I honestly don't understand why.

If you can't accept an opinion, internet isn't for you buddy.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hailinel said:

@verendus said:

@hailinel: What argument? Please, Do elaborate.

I didn't say the game was bad, I didn't argue that it looks bad.

I said it looks too "Animeish" for my tastes, art style that I personally do not care about, I don't understand why you get sand in your panties if my preferences hold me from buying the game.

Using "animeish" as a shorthand argument for why it doesn't interest you without elaboration on what the fuck that even means. "Anime" is a medium that encompasses any genre depicted within and is not restricted to a singular "anime" art style. Your reasoning as stated is completely devoid of substance.

When someone uses "animeish" as you know what they mean.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@verendus said:

@hailinel: You want me to go in-depth on something I have no fucking clue about? Newsflash buddy, not everyone watches or follows anime, I do not know names of different anime art styles, My sincerest apoligies, and that's why I phrased it as just "Animeish".

You remind me of idiots who pick their knows if someone says Skrillex is "dubstep" instead of "bumblebeegrindcorestep".

I've played quite many JRPG games, but Persona's art style has held me off from trying it out. There are opinions in this world, you can agree or disagree with them, but pulling "Your argument isn't valid" card because I don't know in depth anime styles is just plain idiotic, especially when there was no argument to begin with.

I'm certainly not the only gamer who hasn't been interested about a video game because they didn't like the way it plays, looks or sounds. Obviously you're just pissed off because I am not excited about the announcement, and I honestly don't understand why.

"Pick their knows?"

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

YEAH PS3. Kinda laughed when all the PS4 owners I know went wtf.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@verendus said:

You remind me of idiots who pick their knows if someone says Skrillex is "dubstep" instead of "bumblebeegrindcorestep".

"Pick their knows?"

Edited, don't know what I was thinking. Cheers for pointing my mistake out.

And the fact that's all you could reply tells me I hit the nail spot on. I'm sorry that my opinion got you so angry, it certainly wasn't my intention. Like I said, I never said the game was bad, or argued so.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verendus said:

@hailinel said:

@verendus said:

"Pick their knows?"

Edited, don't know what I was thinking. Cheers for pointing my mistake out.

And the fact that's all you could reply tells me I hit the nail spot on. I'm sorry that my opinion got you so angry, it certainly wasn't my intention. Like I said, I never said the game was bad, or argued so.

No, I could reply more. That was just a hell of a typo. I'm not angry, either. I just wish that when people decide to go out of their way to say that they aren't interested in something that they at least put some effort into explaining why. Honestly, I don't care if you're excited or not.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Darji

Oh man I think i will watch the endurance run tonight again for the like fifth time? Please someone freeze me for a year....

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: I'm no anime-style expert. I don't watch any of it, or care about it. I just said the overly anime look put me off from it, but hey it's my loss right? I just don't have the words to explain why it looks something I'm not interested in, even though I had no trouble with Vesperia for example.

You don't care? Why did you care to reply in such hostile manner? I understand if I would've posted "This game looks so anime, it must be shit", but I never said anything bad about it. It's most likely a great game series, considering so many people are excited about the announcement.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verendus said:

@hailinel: I'm no anime-style expert. I don't watch any of it, or care about it. I just said the overly anime look put me off from it, but hey it's my loss right? I just don't have the words to explain why it looks something I'm not interested in, even though I had no trouble with Vesperia for example.

You don't care? Why did you care to reply in such hostile manner? I understand if I would've posted "This game looks so anime, it must be shit", but I never said anything bad about it. It's most likely a great game series, considering so many people are excited about the announcement.

Because I find the "it's anime-ish" argument, in and of itself, to be lazy as hell, and the first time I read your post, it sounded kind of snide.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#162  Edited By winsord

@jesushammer said:

@leonshade: Thank God for the PS3 not being region locked.

Do bear in mind that P4A was the one region locked PS3 game because they were going out of their way to publish it there.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Aegon

This seems like the best case scenario. A game to continue the P3/4 story (didn't watch the trailer for Q yet, so I may be wrong on that one) and a new Persona. Just sucks there's no actual footage. Hopefully it's not too long before they start putting some out there.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My E3 experiences have taught me that if it doesn't boldly say "exclusively for" in it it will probably come out on other consoles.

Even if it doesn't I could still get it for ps3 y'know sall cool.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly a cutting commentary on the slavish devotion of their fan-base.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

The release date makes sense, given Persona 4 came out on Ps2 well into the Ps3's life cycle.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#167  Edited By Yummylee

This could be the opportunity for me to maybe give this series another chance. I've at least tried P3, though I thought the dialogue was utter rubbish and found most of the characters to be unbearable. I've also of course watched the P4 ER, but if it wasn't for Jeff and Vinny's colour commentary, I probably would have given up long before the end because of its equally annoying cast of characters. The generally sub-par voice acting in both didn't help things either.

Of course, it stands to reason that P5 will most likely carry over a very similar... writing style, with a similar cast of characters. But I dunno, I want to hold out hope because I love the turn-based combat and the general time management structure of the games an awful lot.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#168  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Interesting trailer.... seems like maybe it'll be pretty anti establishment? I'd love to see something like that in the game... could be a really cool tone and way to take the story. Either way... awwwww yeeeeeaaaa

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

This could be the opportunity for me to maybe give this series another chance. I've at least tried P3, though I thought the dialogue was utter rubbish and found most of the characters to be unbearable. I've also of course watched the P4 ER, but if it wasn't for Jeff and Vinny's colour commentary, I probably would have given up long before the end because of its equally annoying cast of characters. The generally sub-par voice acting in both didn't help things either.

Of course, it stands to reason that P5 will most likely carry over a very similar... writing style, with a similar cast of characters. But I dunno, I want to hold out hope because I love the turn-based combat and the general time management structure of the games an awful lot.

You should try Persona 2. It has no voice acting and the characters are actually good.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wonder if we will see something in the next famitsu or maybe in the last one of this year. Just show us something Atlus please^^

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Zeik

@bocam: P2 does have voice acting, although much much less, but most of what there is much worse than P3/P4. (Especially Eternal Punishment.)

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aww, but I want to sell my PS3

sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm assuming all those chairs mean more high school?

Persona has gone through some dramatic changes as the series has gone on, but the crux of it is always high schoolers summoning demons. No idea why they'd bother changing it now.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thank fucking god it's not on a handheld. But also now I have to keep my ps3 plugged in for even longer ;(

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't have a PS3 and I don't particularly want to get one at this point. I'm more bummed out than hyped :(

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By IAmNotBatman

Why are people surprised at P5 being on PS3?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

There's no guarantee that P5 will use the combat or time management systems in P3/P4. Persona 3 itself was a major departure from the structure of Persona 2, which in turn changed things up by removing the first-person dungeon crawling that was in the original Persona.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Zeik

@sissylion said:

@spunkyhepanda said:

Persona has gone through some dramatic changes as the series has gone on, but the crux of it is always high schoolers summoning demons. No idea why they'd bother changing it now.

People like to cite Eternal Punishment as the exception, but they fail to realize that game only exists the way it does because of Innocent Sin, which was almost entirely high schoolers.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Zeik

@hailinel said:

My hunch is that we'll see a heavily modified version of that time management system in P5. Possibly to the same degree as Social Links to Demon Negotiation, in that it's barely recognizable as the same thing, but the key elements are still there.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Darji

@hailinel said:

@yummylee said:

There's no guarantee that P5 will use the combat or time management systems in P3/P4. Persona 3 itself was a major departure from the structure of Persona 2, which in turn changed things up by removing the first-person dungeon crawling that was in the original Persona.

I do not think they will go far from this but rather make it even more in depth. Persona 4 was a massive success because of this formula it would be dangerous to totally "remake" it.

My bet it will be much bigger. Maybe different choices for social links like in Persona 3 for example.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@leinad44 said:

Don't have a PS3 and I don't particularly want to get one at this point. I'm more bummed out than hyped :(

Same here. Here's hoping more platforms get announced.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: I doubt it will be as drastic a change as P2 to P3, as I don't suspect with get a complete tonal and stylistic change on top of the mechanical changes, but I sure hope they make some pretty significant mechanical changes. This game can't just be another iteration of the P3 framework.

But moving to a new console has always been Atlus' time to make big changes and they've implied as much about P5 in interviews, so I'm not too worried.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@sissylion said:

@spunkyhepanda said:

Ah, I didn't realize that. Well, I'm cool with it.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

Why are people upset that it's PS3? For all we know, it could be just PS3 for Japan since they know 360 wouldn't sell shit there. Also, for people wanting next-gen, Persona 3 and 4 were after the PS3 launch by a few years so this really isn't anything new. Bigger user base, it only makes sense.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Zeik

@noobsauceg7 said:

Why are people upset that it's PS3? For all we know, it could be just PS3 for Japan since they know 360 wouldn't sell shit there. Also, for people wanting next-gen, Persona 3 and 4 were after the PS3 launch by a few years so this really isn't anything new. Bigger user base, it only makes sense.

I really don't see a 360 version happening at this point. Plus I don't see anyone upset that it's not coming to 360, rather that it's not next-gen. Microsoft likes to all but abandon their old console once they hit the next-gen, so by the time this comes out I don't think they would have much to gain by releasing it on the 360, even in the US.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Hailinel

When they announced Catherine and the console versions of P4A, they made it clear from the start that they were PS3/360 games. If it were coming to 360, they would have made that clear from the start.

bbwoggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mayu_zane: Man, if that'd be amazing if P5 ran with a horror theme.

a_randay92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought Persona 3 on the PSN for $4.99 since it was on sale this past week and I'm currently addicted to it. Love the characters, the story and the whole concept of Personas/Dark Hour and all that jazz, the combat system, and upgrading the social links and finding new ones. This is my first Persona game and it will definitely not be my last. Now, all I need to do is get my hands on a Vita and P4G to prepare for Persona 5 because this is a day one purchase for me. Really, really excited for this game.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I hope the prison thing is literal and we'll be playing as a bunch kids in Juvie!

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#191  Edited By clumsyninja1

for ps3, really? Welcome to next gen Japan!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to how Atlus has operated with the Persona series since Persona 3! Really, it shouldn't be that much of a shock.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@clumsyninja1 said:

Welcome to how Atlus has operated with the Persona series since Persona 3! Really, it shouldn't be that much of a shock.

PS4 is current-gen, anyway. Perhaps he was hoping for a PlayStation 5 release? I don't want to wait that long!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@clumsyninja1 said:

Or how they've worked since...forever. They've never been one to jump to the next gen right away.

siLVUR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Urge to replay P3 and P4 rising.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leinad44 said:

I'll probably get one for dirt cheap on craigslist next year.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verendus: same here but I'll be more than happy to watch an endurance run!

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By _Zombie_

Fuck yes.