Do you think Watch Dogs will be worth getting?

• 90 results
JakeMoore1106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Just a quick question. Do you think Watch Dogs will be worth getting when it comes out or shall just wait for it to get cheaper? Or just wait for The Last Of Us?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CaLe

My anticipation for it has pretty much vanished since the first reveal when I was blown away by it. That said, if the reviews are good I'll definitely try it out. I just dunno what to expect from it any more.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cale said:

I just dunno what to expect from it any more.

Pretty much this. I'm honestly more excited for the reviews than I am for the actual game itself.

FidusLingura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Personal opinion for me right now is that it may be worth waiting. My manager played it a month or so back and said it still feels incomplete (although he theorised that it may have been an old build.) Hey that's just me though, really it all boils down to personal opinion and I know the pre-orders have been high for it in work so it must be doing something right.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Yes...I don't mind dropping the money. Looks like my type of game and I'm getting it on ps4. I'm going to go around and murder people with that smooth coat.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Probably. I suspect it'll be a well crafted open world game with a good amount of content. Whether or not it's the most technically amazing PS4 game, or pushes the boundaries of game design is irrelevant to me. I just want games for my PS4, preferably good ones, but I'm willing to buy stuff I might otherwise wait on, because of the lack of games at this point in time. Which is not to say I think that of Watch_Dogs, but you get what I mean.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I honestly don't know anymore. I'm very cautiously optimistic about it. I guess we'll see soon enough. I'll be buying it regardless of the reviews though, since I really want something new to play on my Ps4.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, sure. Why not?

But eh, what do I know? I haven't played it.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The reason I got interested in Watch_Dogs is because I thought you could walk around Chicago unhindered and mess things up or listen in to random things, even what other players are doing in the game, kinda like a vigilante. It's certainly the feeling I got from that first E3 reveal. If it turns out to be much more formulaic than that, then I will more than likely skip it. I haven't even seen a single trailer for it either....luckily.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like it will be fun to play, so I'll probably get it.

JuggertrainUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

From what I've seen so far this game looks like the definition of 8 out of 10. So with the lack of games being released at the moment I'm definitely buying it day one.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

It's hard to tell what it is. Everyone got excited about that first trailer. It's been a long time since then so it could have changed a lot in that time. This is very much a wait for reviews situation.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Berserk007

Negative,I have a feeling they took all the good stuff out during the delay, and quick transitioned to a gta style. It may be worth playing but it's not going to be game of the year.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on your standards and preferences. This isn't about low or high standards, it's not a matter of intellectual superiority, I'm not an asshole.

Me, my standards revolve around gameplay, and if GTA V terribly failed to achieve what GTA 3 and San Andreas achieved in terms of groundbreaking gameplay advancements and furthering interactive possibilities, I really doubt that Watch Dogs will be anything more than a beautiful virtual Chicago and a bunch of hacking gimmicks.

Hell, even Sleeping Dogs which implemented the Arkham gameplay into GTA style games beautifully, did not overall provide any real gameplay evolution. These last few years have been a painful stalemate for any gameplay aficionado IMO.

Short answer: I'll spend 20 dollars tops on this.

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I can't see what the fuss is about this game. It looks nothing more than a futuristic and mildly stupid GTA.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I really can't tell anymore. Early E3 videos make it look far more open in choices and ways to interact with the environment.

At this point, it looks like the standard 3rd person action/adventure game, an Assassins Creed in the near future with cell phone powers replacing animus powers. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Abstergo ends up doing some cameo.

I guess I will wait and see, but its not a must play right now.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be surprised if the game turns out good. Whether I want it/want it right off is a different matter. Feel I have to add it's for a different platform, so anything there doesn't factor in like it might for others.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

So far feels like Ubisoft open world game v.4 so i'll probably wait till the reviews drop.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has a great premise. It looks like it got pretty dumb since it was revealed though.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By awesomeusername

When I first saw the game nearly 2 years ago, I was blown away yelling "HOLY SHIT!!" Then it got Ubisofted. And by that I mean marketed to hell. I've seen so much that I don't really care anymore. I still kind of want to play it but that will either be in a couple months or if my brother buys it day 1 on PS4, then in a couple weeks.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been waiting for this game since October.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#24  Edited By Yummylee

@spraynardtatum said:

It has a great premise. It looks like it got pretty dumb since it was revealed though.

Yup. It's like every trailer and new bit of info has continuously beaten down every piece of initial excitement I had for it. The stupid gravel voice; the ''my family was murdered so REVENGGGGEEEE'' character motivation; the higher focus on regular cover-based TPS gameplay over using your phone; releasing a trailer for the season pass content before the fucking game is even released... And while I still think the game looks alright, the graphical downgrade didn't really help things, either.

WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@swamplord666 said:

So far feels like Ubisoft open world game v.4 so i'll probably wait till the reviews drop.

This. Ubisoft games have been trending in this direction and, with each one that comes out, my enthusiasm for this style of gameplay wanes. Traversing levels in the Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell universes has lost some of its meaning, but maybe Watch Dogs will be the one to resolve some of those issues.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammondoftexas: reviews are going to be shining regardless of the quality. I'm more excited for the player feedback when people realise the PS4 can't even run it at a consistent 30 fps, all complete with Ubisoft's amazingly horrible idea of mission design.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

My anticipation for it has pretty much vanished since the first reveal when I was blown away by it. That said, if the reviews are good I'll definitely try it out. I just dunno what to expect from it any more.

I feel the same way. Is anyone still impressed today by the "raise the posts and watch the cops chasing you crash into them!" feature that's been in every video for this? That seemed like a really cool addition....in 2012. Now, I don't think I'm alone in already being bored of this mechanic before the game is even out. The gameplay looks very much like a hybrid of AC/GTA/Splinter Cell, and the graphics sure don't appear as good as they once did. About the only thing that can salvage this in my book is if they have enough interesting random NPC interactions/side-missions. It will pretty much have to get great reviews across the board for me to pick it up soon after release. At this point, I'd probably be more excited for next-gen port of GTAV, which is sad. Ubisoft better make The Division everything it's supposed to be, especially if Watch_Dogs underwhelms as I expect it to.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think the game if executed well could be amazing.that being said its a ubisoft game and all ubisoft games drop in price really fast .so if you can wait a month or two i almost guarantee it will be at least half the price.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#29  Edited By sammo21

I hope so, but I don't know. I have it paid off and I am getting it but I hope its more than just a half assed modern assassins creed but with hacking.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I got it free with my brand new graphics card so i'll play it. I'm apparently the only one who doesn't hate ubisoft and the entirety of the western gaming industry in this thread though.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was super excited about it last year, when it was supposed to be a PS4 launch title. Now, I don't know what to think anymore. Development of that game seems like it's been so weird that I have no idea what the quality of the final product will be. I'm personally passing on it, at least until reviews come in and at least a few months go by.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By mike

I'll be waiting for a Steam sale, at least 50% off. Preferably 75%.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people who got super hype will be underwhelmed, but it'll be a decent modern era open world game.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corvak said:

The people who got super hype will be underwhelmed, but it'll be a decent modern era open world game.

That seems like the right attitude to approach the game from, and it kind of reflects the GB guys with the 'unfinished' look they did for it, no one seems particularly hyped up about it, but they seem pretty open to playing it and perhaps enjoying it.

Kind of seems like the game in a nut shell, the cool things look, well, cool and seem fun, but the other stuff seems average.
Shoulder shrug, give it a play, have some fun, put it away.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Steadying

You know, I really hope this game's story just turns into some huge Deus Ex style conspiracy at some point. Like, I wanna break into the evil company's labs and just find a bunch of aliens and shit. I'll be really interested in this game if it turns out to be that. If it's just another crime story, I dunno if I really care.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm sure it will be an entirely fine game but man do I just not remotely give a shit about it personally. So I mean if you are looking forward to it get it I suppose.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bemusedchunk

buying games at full price...

No Caption Provided

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I think it looks better than people give it credit for, but as a person who trashed AC4, I don't think I'm in the intended audience and will definitely be waiting for a price drop if I buy it at all. I'm also a little worried about the game's politics, since the whole anarchist-hacker thing isn't at all my bag. Not sure whether they're going that way with it or not.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know dude. It seems to have changed so much from that original reveal trailer a few years ago to what it is now I have no idea what to expect. I think this is definitely a case of waiting for reviews and Quick Looks before you pull the trigger on it. It could be good, or a complete disappointment. I guess we will know in a few weeks.

When the guys made that video about it a few weeks ago Brad definitely said that the PC version would be the one to get, so I would say go with that if you have a machine that can handle it. If not, I think it's pretty safe to say that the PS4 would be the better console version. That could change between now and then, so once again I think the best idea is just to wait and see how it turns out. I wouldn't buy it Day One if I were you.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By a_e_martin
@alecofthewest said:

@hammondoftexas: reviews are going to be shining regardless of the quality. I'm more excited for the player feedback when people realise the PS4 can't even run it at a consistent 30 fps, all complete with Ubisoft's amazingly horrible idea of mission design.

Sony is claiming that it runs at 60fps on PS4. Looking forward to seeing if that's true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point Ubisoft has their open-world design down to a science, so if you still like their open-world games you'll most likely enjoy this. And if you don't, you should probably just pass it by.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think, I know.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mrfluke

yea i think so, before i was worried, but the recent trailers have it looking pretty good. i really hope they nail the story, so much potential for that to be a cool story and a foundation for a big series.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it will be a solid 8/10 game. If you feel like playing an open world game like that I'm sure you'll have a good time.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46  Edited By me3639

Day one no.

Day 90 or > yes.

BlueWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Can't wait for people to turn on this game because the final product won't directly play like its E3 trailer that set the whole gaming world on fire. I cannot stand over-exaggerated hype, and having a huge delay only makes that hype expand until it can't support its own weight. Anyone buying either a PS4 or Xbox One for this single game, I hope get disappointed for having high hopes for something they haven't even played.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, it's going to come down to how varied the missions are and how the story is. I think most of us got swept up by this game's reveal back in 2012 and were maybe a little fooled into thinking it was more than just another modern-day open world game with a neat gimmick. I can't see it being anything more than that, but if it keeps things fresh and interesting, I don't see that not being an enjoyable 12-20 hours.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have very low expectations. Nonetheless, I pre-ordered it when I saw a really good deal; $25 will probably be worth the price of admission, even if what I'm getting audience to is a trainwreck.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

no idea. waiting on the reviews