Single Player - Replaying Missions

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By alistercat

I know you can access previously played missions from the mission archive on the bridge. This is useful for replaying missions on different difficulty levels (and to get achievements) but I was wondering if you gain additional credits and research. On some missions I neglected to collect all extra research stuff and want to know if I missed my opportunity to get them.

kentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By kentobi

You can go back to get anything you missed, but you can't farm levels for cash or research.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By alistercat

So I can get research that I missed and it still counts? That's all I needed really. Sometimes I rush through a mission because I don't have much time or whatever so that is good to know I can go back and get them.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Donos

I wouldn't worry about going back for missed research, because there's more than enough to finish researching before the end of the campaign. Without trying too hard, I had maxed out my research about 2/3rds of the way through. Once you hit max, any additional research points are translated into 10 000 credits each.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alistercat

I am a completionist though, so I cant exactly leave it in good conciousness. Screw getting it all on hard or brutal though, that's just silly.

fez_soni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By fez_soni

On the same note, is it possible to get the "buy all of " whatever achievements on one playthrough? I would think that it would've been smart to get the full cash reward for a mission the first time on any difficulty, and then get a small amount for the each of the other difficulties. 

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Nephrahim
@AlisterCat said:
" I am a completionist though, so I cant exactly leave it in good conciousness. Screw getting it all on hard or brutal though, that's just silly. "
You can go back and get the research you missed, yes. 

Unless it was a branched mission (IE, Nova and Tosh, or the Colony) in which case the replay gives no credits or reasarch if it's not the one you chose the first time. 

So, no doing one of the Zerg then going back for the toss research, sadly :(