Solution to the Wii U Gamepad flashing "tap here to display on the gamepad only" if you have a pro controller

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258

If you have a pro controller, you can push the home button when in game, go to controller settings, and click "display off". As long as you don't press any buttons on the gamepad and just use the controller, the gamepad screen will just stay turned off. This is particularly handy for Breath of the Wild because you still have to keep the gamepad close in case you run across one of the gyroscope puzzles, so it's more than likely flashing somewhere in your peripheral vision.

I know @vinny was complaining about this in the Beastcast and I've seen people bring it up a few times in the forums. As far as I know, this works for pretty much any game where the gamepad screen has no functionality.

Hope this helps someone!

EDIT: Why did I make this a question?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Efesell

I guess that's good to know although the screen on the gamepad would dim if left idle like that anyway.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@efesell said:

I guess that's good to know although the screen on the gamepad would dim if left idle like that anyway.

It never did that for me, even though I've been playing almost exclusively with a pro controller. Maybe there's another setting somewhere I need to mess with?

saturn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good way to spare the screen if anything, thanks for the tip =)

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I'm playing BOTW with the gamepad and turned down the brightness in the gamepad settings. It's hardly noticeable now.