• 83 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NTM

Poll Is this really bad, or should I get it? (415 votes)

I actually really liked it a lot! I highly recommend it! 5%
I actually really liked it a lot! That said, I'm not sure I could recommend it... 3%
The game was decent. Neither great, nor bad. I think I could recommend it though. 19%
The game was decent. Neither great, nor bad. I don't think I'd recommend it though. 10%
This game sucked to me personally, though I may be able to recommend it... 1%
This game sucked. No way would I recommend this junk! 12%
You know, regardless of quality, it really just depends on the price. 20%
I have another answer not listed above. 31%

So, I kind of want to experience the game. Target has it for $39.99, I think? I can't quite remember. I just know it's not full price like it is at some other places. The reason I want to play it right now, is simply because there's not much else to play right now, as I am just waiting for new releases to come along. Getting done with MGS5 a few weeks ago, I'm having fun playing the Master Chief Collection for now, waiting for Halo 5, as well as The Witcher 3, to explore to see if I missed anything, as well as upgrade as much as I can before the DLC for that comes out, as I'm almost level 36, though I know the DLC asks for you to be level 30, but I can be done with those if this is something worth paying for at that price, and playing. What do you think? Also, hopefully the choices above are okay.

• 
Avatar image for zkowaliczko1994
zkowaliczko1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was decent. Neither great nor bad. I would wait till it comes to PS+ though, but it is at least worth a shot.

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't think it was horrible but I'd have a rough time spending more than $20 at most on it, and even then I'm not sure.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was decent, not bad but not great. I'd personally wait for a sale but if you really feel like checking it out asap you could definitely do worse.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

It's not a good game, and it's certainly still way too expensive at $40. I would say $10-$15 is a more acceptable price range. There's just not that much "game" there, and what there is average. I mean, it controls and plays fine, but there's so little of it that it's not even worth it. It's a 5-6 hour experience at the very most, only about half of which is actual gameplay. The story shows immense promise, but ends up being pretty boring on top of being totally unfinished. I honestly wouldn't recommend this at ANY price range, but if you really, really want to play it for whatever crazy reason, I would still wait until it's super cheap. I'm shocked it's still going for 40 bucks.

c0mplete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rent it from a redbox. Thats what I did an finished it in 4 or so hours and returned it the same day. It's also terrible so don't play it at all an save your 3 bucks.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Either Redbox it, or just watch the ending on YouTube and be done with it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I know I just made this, and perhaps it'll still be valid, but I'm going to head to Target. I don't know if I'm going to buy it, but I'm heading there soon since I want to check some other things out. Thanks for the input so far. Even if I do get it, feel free to add your thoughts on the game if you want to. Also, @onekillwonder_, I agree that it's surprising it still costs so much. At Fred Meyer (not sure if you have those around), the game is still full price, and that's disappointing, as I would totally get it if it was 20 bucks, even if I disliked it in the end.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By darkvare

lol get a buddy who was duped into buying it to lend it to you that's what i'll do

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had lots of fun with it

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't played it, but it's been lower than $20 several times at Gamestop, and the price will certainly drop lower than that. $40 is certainly not worth an evening's worth of a mediocre shooter.

The Uncharted remaster hits next week, that'd probably be a better option (though $60 is a bit high for three games that can be purchased for $3 a piece)

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: you in alaska?

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For what it's worth, I thought Galahad's cape-scarf thing's physics were very impressive. It is worth seeing. My two cents.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Boring story and boring gameplay. Pretty graphics, but that's about it... the blimp level was interesting to look at until you got into the stealth section.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's an amalgamation of every terrible game design concept of the early 2010s in one convenient package!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By colourful_hippie

I got the same amount of value one would get from playing that game by just watching a Let's Play because all that game has to offer is graphics. The shooting is sub-par and nothing you haven't seen before so just watch someone else play it. I wouldn't pay $15 for that game

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A decent buy for $20 nothing more though and a better price is 15 and under. It's nowhere near as bad of a game as people make it out to be.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No. I can't believe I spent 60$ on that crap.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travisrex: No, though I know there are Fred Meyer's there (which I have the feeling is the reason you ask). Washington actually.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

stealth section.

Congrats on unselling me on this game all over again. I had no idea this game had bad stealth sections mixed in too.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NTM

So, despite everyone here basically saying no, I still got it; just getting back from Target. It's nice to see your opinions on it, but I was buying some stuff, and just thought I'd get it as I didn't feel like it was too much for me that I'd regret the purchase if I felt negatively about the game, plus, I get my pay check this week so I easily make back what I lost. At least, that's just how I look at it. I don't know if it's a good comparison, but a game that I feel is perhaps similar which is on the One that I actually turned out liking (though still acknowledging its cons), was Ryse. Even now I still feel like going back and playing it. That game, like this maybe, is a game that's really linear, and very short. Well, I'm going to play it now, and probably beat it tonight, then come back and say what I thought.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: we got Fred meyers and target, yeah. Lol. Just thought I got lucky. Good luck with your purchases

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Not a bad price for The Order I think. It's not a classic but I found it enjoyable for what it is. Price/expectation is everything, so, who knows, you may come out on top. Hope you enjoy it duder.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@teddie said:
@turboman said:

stealth section.

Congrats on unselling me on this game all over again. I had no idea this game had bad stealth sections mixed in too.

Yeah... if you're spotted or you fuck up a quick time event you get sent back to the checkpoint. That was the point I decided to send it back to Redbox.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NTM

I just finished it, and it may come as a surprise to some more than myself, even though I am surprised as well, because I actually really enjoyed the game, almost going so far to consider it great. Also, the game had more gameplay and was a bit longer than I was expecting as well. Without going into a bunch of detail, what I will say is that while I thought the earlier sections were fine, once you get on the airship and everything after, I enjoyed it a lot more. While it didn't bother me too much to break the experience, I kind of wish you could turn off the black bars, as well as grain effect, even though it tries to make it more cinematic, and I suppose it does succeed. Well, I am really happy I played it, and I can't wait for a sequel. I wish I took notes as I played so I could jot the pros and mainly cons here, as it'd make it easier to go into detail. Oh, and the ending wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be either, though I wouldn't necessarily call it great. I also, over time really became to like the characters more. Yeah, good game in my opinion. I will go through it on hard. Oh, another con, I think it was a dumb idea to have so many chapters. They should have simply had the game they had but spread it out because they more often than not have you sit through a bunch of cutscenes with little gameplay, and that's a chapter; it doesn't make sense.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:
@teddie said:
@turboman said:

stealth section.

Yeah... if you're spotted or you fuck up a quick time event you get sent back to the checkpoint. That was the point I decided to send it back to Redbox.

It didn't bother me too much. I was never caught sneaking though.

wittgkatzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there ever was a game guaranteed to come to PS+, this is it.

It is just at the right level of marketing investment where claiming it was free for PS+ members would be seen as a huge boon... while simultaneously being mediocre enough not to have much of a sales long tail (which a PS+ release might cannibalize.)

(Baseless Speculation: if anything, it would make for a great press release around X-Mas, basically offering up a same-year AAA SCE-published release?)

Ultimately, you are not missing much by waiting to invest 5 okay-ish hours into this thing.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, this came out during this year! I'm going to guess this didn't sell like hotcakes, so there probably won't be a possibility for that "Uncharted 2" sequel effect. Too bad for Ready at Dawn, I quite liked both of the GoW games for PS.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Zirilius

@ntm said:

I just finished it, and it may come as a surprise to some more than myself, even though I am surprised as well, because I actually really enjoyed the game; almost going so far to consider it great. Also, the game had more gameplay, and was a bit longer than I was expecting as well. Without going into a bunch of detail, what I will say is that while I thought the beginnings were fine, once you get on the airship and everything after, I enjoyed it a lot more. While it didn't bother me too much to break the experience, I kind of wish you could turn off the black bars, as well as grain effect, even though it tries to make it more cinematic, and I suppose it does succeed. Well, I am really happy I played it, and I can't wait for a sequel. I wish I took notes as I played so I could jot the pros and mainly cons here, as it'd make it easier to go into detail. Oh, and the ending wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be either, though I wouldn't necessarily call it great. I also, over time really became to like the characters more. Yeah, good game in my opinion. I will go through it on hard. Oh, another con, I think it was a dumb idea to have so many chapters. They should have simply had the game they had, but spread it out, because they more often than not have you sit through a bunch of cutscenes with little gameplay, and that's a chapter; it doesn't make sense.

I'd go through the The Order: 1886 forums as I th ink you'll find people there who have similar opinions to yours. I was very positive on this game and it was the last game I platinumed. I still feel that its a hard game to justify at a $60 price point but I enjoyed just about everything about the game. By no means do I think it is a perfect game as it does have some very big flaws but not many single player games have gripped me like it did. A sequel would be welcomed by me if it did well enough for Sony.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rethla

Its a really good game but since its not fast paced hot action its dismissed by many at first glance. Kinda like a slow paced movie. If you enjoy walking around and soaking in atmosphere you will enjoy this, what little action there is is also quite good but if youre only after that part you wont be satisfyed.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

It's short enough that I watched the movie on YouTube, and I'd recommend everyone do the same if you're curious. They structured it more like a prequel to a movie that never came out, and even then it didn't quite work out.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glottery: I hope it'll get a sequel.

@dochaus: @rethla: @wittgkatzi: I beat it last night. I thought it was really good actually, and it was twice as long as I expected. I was expecting four to five hours, but I played it for eight I think. That's if you do just about everything explore wise. Also, I didn't think it felt like a prequel, though it didn't have closure as one might hope for.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: I think I could justify the 60 price tag, simply in the sense that it's a game I enjoyed, and I'd like to support the developers behind it (perhaps for that money to go into a potential sequel).

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just bought it for £12 here in the uk, haven't tried it as I'm still balls deep in MGS V but I am interested to play it and from what I've heard £12 is a good price to pay for what I'm gonna get from it.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I enjoyed it for what it was. I think a lot of people slammed it for its faults, but have let other games with similar issues off the hook. I probably wouldn't recommend it unless I knew the other person's tastes in games - it's not a blind buy.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

I haven't played it. Was thinking of trying it when it eventually drops to $20, or even better if it goes onto PS plus for free.

Homer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it, unique setting plus all them graphics!

If you can rent it or find it on sale for $20-$30 I don't think you'll be disappointed.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait five months for Sony to release it for free on Plus.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedBox has it. If you're hesitant on price, drop $3 and knock the game out in an afternoon. That's what I did and I liked the game. I'm not about to do an hour per dollar thing, but the game was neat.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I REALLY liked the game. I was so disappointed at the reception it got, but I'm not surprised. It's a very short single-player game with little replay value, so I can totally see why people dislike it so much. That being said, the setting, graphics, and story are all top notch. If you can get it for 20 dollars or less than definitely go for it - 40 dollars is a bit steep in my opinion, but if you really wanna try it, go for it.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. If you can rent it that'd be the way to play it, tho

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NTM

@random45: @tajasaurus: @thatonedudenick: @jerseyscum: @homer33: Hey guys, as said already, with another reply to others giving their opinion on whether I should get it or not, I had already bought it, and beat it, and I liked it quite a lot, to perhaps a surprising level. I don't expect people to read everything in a thread, but still. I suppose your posts can go towards those that hadn't played it yet though. For me, I don't really agree with the sentiment that I'd just wait for it on PS Plus, at least for me personally, because if I did that, I would personally be supporting the people that made the game, and liking the game as I did, I was happy to pay what I did. Oh, and I don't rent; last time was Gears of War in 06 at a Hollywood Video. The games story was okay; it was pretty cliche in many ways, but I enjoyed it.

@heltom92:If you play it as I did, like exploring everywhere, you're going to get an Uncharted length of a campaign (eight or so hours), so not long, but not as short as many say, this is also if you basically don't die. I died once, and failed two quick time events, and that's all. I'm going to play it again soon, to go through on hard.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

With the Black Friday Flash Sale, this game is $10. If you still haven't used the 10% off code it's only $9 in any basket using that code. I'm going to pick it up, seems like the right price for me.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, for that price it's not a half-bad pick.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought this and wolfenstein new order for 17 bucks. At that price it was hard to pass up.

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By johnnymcginley

I enjoyed it but I rented it.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the game was fine. It got a lot more flak than deserved. I think the end of the game kinda gets rushed and comes out of nowhere but that was how it felt for me. I bought it for 20 bucks and it's probably worth a bit more, I wouldn't say 60 though.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

The Order is now $10, even in Canada. So, pretty good deal.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It gets most of it's flak not for being bad but for being about as uncreative and focus-tested as it could possibly be. The Order was made with the ol' "everyone not hating it is better than any other number of people loving it" design process.

In this development climate that means the "AAA design process".