What would you with the Wii U if you ran Nintendo?

• 106 results
tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By tsutohiro

@l33t_haxor:

Your post just blew my mind, especially with the bullet point/suggestions.

Truth delivered.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By egg

Two ideas I had once:

• - Push off-TV play more by pushing more devs to use it (maybe even retroactively patch games to support it) and by featuring it in advertisements. Maybe even try to target PS/Xbox owners with this campaign. ("Tired of having to stop playing to let someone use TV?" "Play full games on the gamepad, even online games. No fee or subscription required.") On that note I might suggest having such a commercial show the game being played using a pro controller, THEN switch to the tablet when needed. (If WiiU does not have this feature, then it should be implemented.)
  • - Advertise the fact that online play is free and doesn't require a subscription. Such an ad would obviously need to show off some examples of WiiU games that have online play... so Nintendo should probably MAKE SOME ONLINE GAMES. The most obvious example would be a new Mario Kart. (I assume a WiiU Mario kart is already being made... If so, good!)

In addition, I would have these games made:

• - a shmup (with multiplayer... see also Aegis Wing) Up to 5 players.
  • - a port of SMB3 with updated graphics, widescreen, and simultaneous multiplayer (and remove minigames, that or replace all the minigames with new ones that aren't shitty) (maybe the minigames could be like Mario Party! A SMB3 / Mario Party hybrid.. imagine that... weird!)
  • - Star Fox combat racer
  • - F-Zero UX (GX HD) Includes these changes: AX mode (arcade mode), AX cup now one of the normal cups, new cups that use arcade/story courses such as Mute City Oval, new cups which merely reuse the existing courses albeit in different combinations (e.g. a Mute City Cup - all the Mute City courses in a row), offline multiplayer with all AI on (entire grand prix mode can be completely this way) for at least 2 players but up to 5 players (4 splitscreen, 1 gamepad) if the system can handle it. Furthermore, Cosmo Terminal course altered to be on a different planet. (or make a new planet) And remove snaking. And change the control scheme so that side-ramming can be done like on N64. (double tap L/R rather)
  • Additional possible ideas for F-Zero UX: Nix story mode altogether. Nix the car creator. Nix Cosmo Terminal and Phantom and introduce 2 all-new courses to replace them. Make it so players can change their speed/accel graph WHILE DRIVING. Remake all the course environments and add more detail. (e.g. Mute City courses have you weaving in/out of city blocks)

The last thing I might do is apologize for Wind Waker HD and proceed to delist all Zelda games.

edit: Bonus optional idea:

- reboot Metroid. "Samus" (if she is called Samus) is no longer a woman but a male or genderless android that looks like the iconic armor she wears. Morph ball will be realistic. The gameplay will be open ended and have WRPG elements. The protagonist may in fact be an human AI (such as a fallen soldier) possessing an android body. The story may draw inspiration from Avatar. (war between humans vs space-pirate-like alien race.. the player, being neither, can choose to play to either side) There may be a "morality" system.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#53  Edited By Hailinel

@darji: If you don't know it would work, you don't know it's what has to be done. Again, you don't know anything about the specifics of how the company is run; you just want to boot out a bunch of people under the assumption that age is the key factor.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Tell Atlus to do something with that crossover already.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Crazy Colors - all the crazy colors you can imagine, yes even turquoise.

I was thinking some racing strips.

Probably do a special Cranky Kong edition, too.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@i_stay_puft said:

Crazy Colors - all the crazy colors you can imagine, yes even turquoise.

I was thinking some racing strips.

Probably do a special Cranky Kong edition, too.

I'd buy a Funky Kong Edition

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l33t_haxor: that nfl licente cost too much also japan and eu does not care about the nfl

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By pr1mus

If i ran Nintendo i'd start buy firing the entire marketing department.

Probably the people in charge of their online too while i'm at it.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By buneroid

@buneroid said:

Abandon ship!

It's been said a million times already but their marketing just sucks. Nobody knows what a Wii U is or why they would want one.

now this isn't the most myopic post i've ever seen in my life...

That's how I live my life bebe!

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ezekiel

Renaming it, selling it with a standard controller and building a network for accounts are good ideas. I would also unlock the save files. Make them easy to copy. Beyond that I would milk the same franchises like they always do until the Wii U is no longer profitable. After that I would stay in the handheld business (Personally, I don't care about handhelds, but they're highly profitable, so whatever.) but make all future console games for other consoles and PCs. I would put Zelda and Mario on hiatus and design new IPs. One of them would be similar to Zelda, but would be set in an original world with original characters and ideas. It wouldn't be as cartoony and kid friendly as Zelda, nor would it be hyper realistic and violent just for the sake of violence. It would violent for the sake of realism, incorporating dismemberment. The art might be stylized; perhaps somewhat surreal. But it would have normal human anatomy. It would have voice acting and naturalistic puzzles. You wouldn't need to find special items to be able to solve them. The main focuses would be exploration (including platforming with a system similar to that of Mirror's Edge) and combat. Combat that is like Zelda at the core, but more realistic, complex and evolved. It would play differently - have more moves and abilities - on PC, making good use of the keyboard and mouse, and the enemies and allies would have more strategies to befit this. It might have a Groundhog Day system like Majora's Mask, where characters are affected by the time of day. You would be able to choose the sex of your character, but it wouldn't have a character designer. You wouldn't need a shield to block. There would be lots of different clothing pieces and weapons to choose from, but they would all be light enough to jump around and swim with. You would be able to temporarily pick up spears like in The Wind Waker, which powerful enemies would be able to break in half. The PC versions of all our games would be sold through Steam as well as GOG and possibly our own DRM free distribution service.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drop the Wii branding. Even when the Wii was selling gangbusters, I said to friends it would hurt them in the long run.

Get some young blood in with the dudes that make the decisions. I'd bet there are plenty of good people at Nintendo that cringe at the same things as we do. The tropes and traditions that made the company great are now killing them. Evolve.

They need to have a price drop and take a bigger loss on the hardware. If the install base doesn't grow, their not going to get any third party support. I have no problem with publishers not willing to invest in a game on the latest Mario Box. Why would they? I'd bet Platinum guys are more than slightly worried, that their sequel to an awesome game, that didn't get the sales it deserved across platforms with huge install bases.. Is now going out on a platform nobody wants!

That new Mario games sales would be pretty fucking astronomical if it was released across all platforms. Just saying.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Delegate and cash my checks.

helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would keep it as is. Am I the only person that wants a quirky console that will eventually have a handful of exclusive Nintendo games? I love that Nintendo is oblivious to the Internet and social media. We already have PC and 4 consoles that harass us to post it to Facebook, upload it to Youtube and pointlessly tweet out our game scores. I want to turn on my Nintendo and play some Nintendo games with my friends at my house without dealing with extra non-gaming related bullshit.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If i was runing the big N i would try to get Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros out in March, also DK tropical will be out so 3 big exclusive are already avalible for gamers, then realease Bayoneta 2 in May/April (all this stuff should come in an Nintendo direct in January 2014, PAX demos 4 and eshop demos too) . At e3 have a conference and show a new model of wii u (with a 200/250gb hard drive), put in every box of this new model wonderfull 101 a good game that shows how can the pad can be use in a singleplayer game, also say that the wii U costs 100$ for those who have a wii and will trade that wii for a wii u, as for new games give a date for project X the RPG, i say august, show that yoshi game and maybe give say it is coming in october, say some info (Trailer + demo ) on the Femblem X SMTensei game and January 2015 as a date, convice sega to mage some exclusive content for wii u ( Virtual Fighter 6 Mario/Zelda/etc costumes like in Tekken Tag 2 maybe or a new Shinoby game ? ) and close with 2 teasers one for Zelda U coming in late 2015 and one for new Starfox game ( get some help from Namco for the Ace combat team to make a new starfox ).

Continue to support Platinum, Retro should make a Metroid/new IP since DK will be out soon, the team that did luigis mansion 2 should also be supported,

Also start playning the next home sistem like Sony talk with dev around the world and listen to what they have to say because you need time so when you the next Nintendo home console comes in 2017/2018 the same problems don't repeat

This is the plan i would try if i was CEO of Nintendo with the current info we have on the games they have for wii u in the works

But what Nintendo should have acquired Atlus 2 months ago, imagine persona 5 exclusive to wii U, persona arean 2 exclusive to wii U, persona Q exclusive to 3ds, etc. all exclusive.

A easier thing could be a trade program ( wii U costs 100$ for those who have a wii and will trade that wii for a wii u) just the console you can still keep your wii mote, i think this is a smart way to take advantaje that the WII U is backwards compatible with the Wii so you can still play Wii Sports

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By tourgen

Visual 2D platformer & modding tool using the gamepad and Zelda, Metroid, Super Metroid, and Super Mario Bros 1-3 assets built in. online repository of levels. build and modify levels as you play, including creatures, gear, logic. also visual logic scripting using block diagrams on the gamepad. allow people to link their levels together. let people write their own dumb fanfiction encounter texts, build Zelda dungeons, play online co-op, share and link levels.

give the kids some toys to build stuff for themselves and share with friends.

release Minecraft with a Zelda or SMB texture skin. Maybe pay some $$$ to add real gameplay to Minecraft too with some pocket dimension boss encounters and team-up opportunities for co-op play.

mousse_gallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

@alexgbro said:

But what Nintendo should have acquired Atlus 2 months ago, imagine persona 5 exclusive to wii U, persona arean 2 exclusive to wii U, persona Q exclusive to 3ds, etc. all exclusive.

Agreed!

@helios1337 said:

I would keep it as is. Am I the only person that wants a quirky console that will eventually have a handful of exclusive Nintendo games? I love that Nintendo is oblivious to the Internet and social media. We already have PC and 4 consoles that harass us to post it to Facebook, upload it to Youtube and pointlessly tweet out our game scores. I want to turn on my Nintendo and play some Nintendo games with my friends at my house without dealing with extra non-gaming related bullshit.

Agreed!

My 2 cents:

If possible get drop the prices on Wii-U hardware.

Do more sales on 1st party software.

Get downloadable games/dlc attached to your ID not systems.

Get the virtual console on both systems going at 200% speed/levels.

Watch kickstarter and Indigogo for games to get.

Get New Starfox and F-Zero games made.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#67  Edited By monkeyking1969

I think the people at Nintendo take 'failure' seriously. I mean they take it 'ancient Japaneses' seriously which is good and bad at the same time. Thus, if you screw up its over for you, they don't expect you to kill yourself...probably...but they do expect you to quit in utter un-salvageable disgrace.

That is what is happening now from office peon to chairman of the board they are all ignoring Iwata's humiliation because the failure of this machine should end his career. They will never say it failed, they will not put out another system for four more years, because to do so woudl be to admit failure.

Thus, the next new system will be shown at e3 2016, it will be shown again almost ready at e3 2017 and it will be on shelves here in either Nov 2017 or Nov 2018. Not sooner, not even if they are selling no consoles. Nintendo will pretend everything is merely somewhat 'low' or 'needs improvement' until they can put out a new system while saving face.

What woudl I do:

1) Build a system in 2018 that can complete with PS5 and XBox Next. It needs to launch at $450, it will need to display 4K @ 120 fps, it will need to have 32 GB of RAM, and a CPU/GPU that is competitive.

2) Put a REAL joypad in the box...stop f_cking around. Joypad in the box, and if the joypad can't do it put a Wi-mote like device. But the STANDARD CONTROLLER needs to be a real duel analog, four button, four bumper joypad. They can pack in anything the feel like as long as the price is at $450, but the main controller better be a joypad.

2) Create a modified game production process in house with more teams, task at least two teams to make ONLY new IP. And, a totally new position called 3rd Party Liaison wholes sole purpose is to facilitate 3rd parties development on the system. This 3rd Party Liaison will actually control sizable funds to be used for buying exclusives, assuring competitive ports are produced, and attrcting/supporting indie titles.

4) Get Shigeru Miyamoto away from Kyoto. Give him his own studio somewhere esle where he cannot get in the way. Give him a handpicked staff. Give him a nice salary. Let him make any games he wants...hell even give him more funding that he deserves. But the deal is, he can NEVER see, comment on, talk about, or preview any games by other game teams at Nintendo. He is in no way to give advice about the console itself, the controllers, the management of Nintendo or the tone of Nintendo's business.

5) Online. Nintendo should copy what Sony is doing. NO YOU SHUT UP. Do you think a maker of Hanafuda cards invented electronic games in Japan...they didn't...they slavishly copied others. Nintendo is up against a wall, they need to compete at the same level and provide the same services. That doesn't mean they cannot steer their products their way, but they need to compete all the same. If Nintendo wants to do something they should sit down and REALLY think about privacy, kids, and security. How do you rethink the presentation of security? How do you give parents understandably controls for their kids? How do you make a system that can be used by adults, and by kids, and by families without taking away anything from adults or under protecting kids? That's Nintendo's niche, they need to solve those issues, so that Sony and MS say, "Wow, we totally didn't think of it that way...that's brilliant!"

6) Nintendo needs to realize they are on borrowed time. There is today a new hire at IGN, GameSpot, Time Magazine, New York Times, or Edge Magazine; that new hire has NEVER played a Nintendo game. In fact, that women or man grew up thinking Nintendo made baby games, and they sort of wish they had more time to play Halo, Uncharted, Fez, or Peggle now. That person looks at Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, or Kirby and says, "Funny, my mom likes those games." The Wii was useless as a seed sower, 40% of it unit sales went to fans, the other 50% went to grandmothers & retiurmenet homes, and the last 10% went to kids who quickly decided their FAVORITE game on Wii was Dance Dance Revolution. Just ask a kid (without prompting) what their favorite gamers were if they owned a Wii, it will be DDR, Lego, or Wii Sports.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@darji: If you don't know it would work, you don't know it's what has to be done. Again, you don't know anything about the specifics of how the company is run; you just want to boot out a bunch of people under the assumption that age is the key factor.

When I read interviews with Iwata I always facepalm because he has no clue about the market nor does he in any way acknowledge that the Wii U is in trouble or basically dead. I wata has no clue about the current situation and so does the boardmembers.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Hailinel

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

When I read interviews with Iwata I always facepalm because he has no clue about the market nor does he in any way acknowledge that the Wii U is in trouble or basically dead. I wata has no clue about the current situation and so does the boardmembers.

1. You do nothing to provide examples of what comments of his make you facepalm.

2. You believe you have a better grasp on the market and the needs of the company than the people that actually work there and run it on a daily basis.

3. You are painting people you have never met nor interacted with in a business setting as incompetent and damaging to the business, which again you have no insider knowledge of.

I mean, Jesus Christ. You've been railing on these same points for how many months now? And you still have yet to provide any ample evidence that you have a clue what you're talking about, much less having more of a clue on how Nintendo should be run than the people that actually work there. You come off like a college sophomore that thinks he's got all the answers to the world's ills after being introduced to Ayn Rand's writing. Put up honest-to-god evidence that you know what you're talking about. Because I really don't think you do.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rename it either the Nintendo Revolution or simply the Nintendo Entertainment System. That way, people know its a separate entity from the Wii.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Darji

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

1. You do nothing to provide examples of what comments of his make you facepalm.

2. You believe you have a better grasp on the market and the needs of the company than the people that actually work there and run it on a daily basis.

3. You are painting people you have never met nor interacted with in a business setting as incompetent and damaging to the business, which again you have no insider knowledge of.

I mean, Jesus Christ. You've been railing on these same points for how many months now? And you still have yet to provide any ample evidence that you have a clue what you're talking about, much less having more of a clue on how Nintendo should be run than the people that actually work there. You come off like a college sophomore that thinks he's got all the answers to the world's ills after being introduced to Ayn Rand's writing. Put up honest-to-god evidence that you know what you're talking about. Because I really don't think you do.

Why not read Iwatas Interviews if you are not blinded by some Nintendo nostalgia you will see it for yourself. And I do not know all the answers but this is common business sense nothing else. I know how Japan's business works and I know why he thinks like that but that does not mean it is good. Take Sony for example: With the PS3 they lived in an Ivory Tower far from anyone only thinking what they thought was right and that almost killed the PS3. Nintendo right now is in the same situation. They do not listen, they do not understand and they will not as long people like Iwata are still there.

Again this is all my opinion and what I think is wrong with Nintendo. You can think of that what you want, but I answered to the topic in which someone asked what YOU would do. I never said that this is the ultimate solution only what I would do nothing else. And honestly I am sick of you trying to tell me I am wrong all the time It is my opinion and just like I respect your Opinion or way even when I think it is wrong you really should do the same with mine.

And if you want to do that show me at least evidence how I am wrong. So far it is just you disagreeing with me nothing else. Show me statistics , show me sales figures show me something. I do not have to defend my opinion to you at all. Either you accept or respect it or you do not. And if you want to tell me how wrong I am show me Evidence of that.

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would just call it Nintendo U, re-release a version with some-what better hardware and focus on the gamepad/pro controller. Also some pretty cool adventure games to get immersed in, need more of those. Less gimmicks.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

Why not read Iwatas Interviews if you are not blinded by some Nintendo nostalgia you will see it for yourself. And I do not know all the answers but this is common business sense nothing else. I know how Japan's business works and I know why he thinks like that but that does not mean it is good. Take Sony for example: With the PS3 they lived in an Ivory Tower far from anyone only thinking what they thought was right and that almost killed the PS3. Nintendo right now is in the same situation. They do not listen, they do not understand and they will not as long people like Iwata are still there.

Again this is all my opinion and what I think is wrong with Nintendo. You can think of that what you want, but I answered to the topic in which someone asked what YOU would do. I never said that this is the ultimate solution only what I would do nothing else. And honestly I am sick of you trying to tell me I am wrong all the time It is my opinion and just like I respect your Opinion or way even when I think it is wrong you really should do the same with mine.

I said provide evidence, Darji. No more excuses. No more, "go find it yourself." Put up, or shut up.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Hailinel

@darji said:

And if you want to do that show me at least evidence how I am wrong. So far it is just you disagreeing with me nothing else. Show me statistics , show me sales figures show me something. I do not have to defend my opinion to you at all. Either you accept or respect it or you do not. And if you want to tell me how wrong I am show me Evidence of that.

Sales figures and statistics alone are not evidence of incompetence. And even then, I could just point to the 3DS and its game library as a counterexample to everything you screech about the Wii U. So again, put up or shut up.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By KittyVonDoom

I'd trade it in for a PS4. Those things seem pretty okay.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I would try to figure out exactly what Sony and Microsoft is doing and the audience they are going after and do the opposite because they can't compete head on. What that actually means is beyond me. But I'm also not in the position to make those decisions so I guess that's why it is beyond me. I would also try to pin down exactly who the Wii U audience is right now and/or who buys games consistently and cater games directly do that audience for now while you build a larger audience around them.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By gokaired

@darji said:

@hailinel:

Does not know how important storytelling became

Does not know how important voice acting became for storytelling

Does the same games over and over but the gimmick they out in is a Catsuit.

those comments are completely invalid.

At this point it looks like there's no way Nintendo is going to get decent 3rd party support. So I'd take the mountain of Wii money I was sitting on and just start buying up studios and put them to work on Nintendo exclusives. At this point the goal isn't necessarily to win the console war or make a huge profit, the main goal is to re-build the Nintendo brand to the stature it once had, so we can make major profits with the next system. I'd use all those studios I just bought to bring back old forgotten franchises:

• New Star Fox
  • New F-Zero, with substantial online play
  • Doki Doki Panic sequel starring Wario & Waluigi
  • Super Metroid sequel
  • Buy the ZombiU property and make another one
  • Buy Avalanche Studios and have them make Just Cause 3. (That UPF last night was amazing)
  • Buy SNK and have them make Windjammers 2
  • Endless Ocean sequel in HD
  • Spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness
  • Spiritual successor to GoldenEye 64
  • New Pilotwings I guess
  • New WaveRace I guess
  • Majora's Mask sequel of some kind. It doesn't really have to be a Zelda game.
  • Make some kind of SimCity game using the Wii U tablet. You could manage the city with the tablet and run around your own city doing missions on the big screen. Or something. SimCity on the SNES was awesome.
  • Mario Paint sequel. I mean DUH.
  • Re-make Duck Hunt as some kind of serious hunting sim.
  • Re-make Balloon Fight as some kind of real 3D fighting game. It would be like Tekken.... with balloons.
  • Re-make Urban Champion as some kind of open-world street fighting game. Or something.
  • Re-make StarTropics as some kind of serious WRPG-type game.

Oh god Yes!

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

Sales figures and statistics alone are not evidence of incompetence. And even then, I could just point to the 3DS and its game library as a counterexample to everything you screech about the Wii U. So again, put up or shut up.

And I point out that the handheld market and console market are totally different. Something that works on the handheld market does not work on the console market. Also Nintendo has as good as no competition on the handheld market There is the dead Vita and what else? The only thing that is rising more and more is the mobile and tablet market but since people like you do not even compare these I have no evidence whatsoever.

Also a thing that 3ds and Wii U share is the total lack of western 3rd party support. Nintendo tried to do the same stuff they are doing for the last 20 years but now with real competition (Sony AND Microsoft) they fail to do so because Kids these days do not grow up with an Nintendo device anymore.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo should become third party/get out of the hardware business/release their games on phones and tablets/get bought by Disney.

Am I doing it right?

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo should get bought by Disney.

Actually seeing Mickey Mouse and Mario together would be pretty sweet. It would make for one hell of Kingdom Hearts game. But the sequel would have to include the Sonic characters because that would be awesome. I'm sure Disney could afford SEGA since the only valuable property they have is Sonic.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd make some system where you can play 3DS games on your TV with a Wii U. Like the Vita TV.

If they did that I personally would be buying a Wii U ASAP. As is, I'm not going to buy either one because there aren't enough games on the respective platform. If I could play both systems games on one system I would go for that though.

mina_mina752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would stop making childish games (like mario and zelda) and focus more on high profile exclusives like bayonetta 2

also i'd pay 3rd party companies handsomely so they port their games on my console (wii u)

i would also make partnership with big japanese companies who have a good reputation in the west like namco or square enix so i can have more big exclusives like final fantasy and tekken (that would be a killing blow to xone and ps4)

finally i would start manufacturing upgraded versions of the wii u have better ram and processor i would name it "wii u they!"

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

And I point out that the handheld market and console market are totally different. Something that works on the handheld market does not work on the console market. Also Nintendo has as good as no competition on the handheld market There is the dead Vita and what else? The only thing that is rising more and more is the mobile and tablet market but since people like you do not even compare these I have no evidence whatsoever.

Also a thing that 3ds and Wii U share is the total lack of western 3rd party support. Nintendo tried to do the same stuff they are doing for the last 20 years but now with real competition (Sony AND Microsoft) they fail to do so because Kids these days do not grow up with an Nintendo device anymore.

They are not totally different. They're both hardware platforms that are produced by the company. That one is selling very well and the other isn't is beside the point. If the Wii U and PS4 swapped sales figures, and the 3DS and Vita swapped their sales figures, what would you say? That Nintendo is still in trouble because the 3DS lost to the Vita while ignoring the Wii U's success?

Nintendo has faced real competition in the hardware space for far longer than just the PlayStation/Xbox era. They've gone up against some true pretenders, sure. But it's not as though they never had a competitor worth respecting before the PlayStation, or that they never respected their competition until very recently.

But again, you're just avoiding providing evidence. How much longer do you intend to run in circles?

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, quite white knighting Nintendo.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scrap it after 2014 and immediately get to work on a real next-gen console to compete with the Ps4/XB1. Everyone that usually works the console side of things either goes to a team working on figuring out how to make games on next-gen hardware or goes to a team making 3DS games.

Next few years while the "Nintendo Super Wii" is being developed all of Nintendo's first party studios are either learning how to make HD video games or busy making the 3DS the best handheld ever.

E3 2016 announce it as a holiday launch and set up an "ambassador" type program for WiiU buyers, maybe a discount on the Super Wii if you turn in your WiiU.

Launch the Super Wii Novemberish 2016 with a new Zelda, a new, true 3D Mario game, and as much of the stuff on @l33t_haxor list as is feasible.

Maybe throw in some "Nintendo" gimmicks if you really must.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By gokaired

i would stop making childish games (like mario and zelda) and focus more on high profile exclusives like bayonetta 2

Bayonetta is childish, it sits on the other side of that spectrum is all. But putting more priority on 3rd parties is something i agree they need to do, there content needs to be more diverse in that sense.

GuyIncognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Darji

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

They are not totally different. They're both hardware platforms that are produced by the company. That one is selling very well and the other isn't is beside the point. If the Wii U and PS4 swapped sales figures, and the 3DS and Vita swapped their sales figures, what would you say? That Nintendo is still in trouble because the 3DS lost to the Vita while ignoring the Wii U's success?

Nintendo has faced real competition in the hardware space for far longer than just the PlayStation/Xbox era. They've gone up against some true pretenders, sure. But it's not as though they never had a competitor worth respecting before the PlayStation, or that they never respected their competition until very recently.

But again, you're just avoiding providing evidence. How much longer do you intend to run in circles?

If it were swapped than the market would be different. It is really easy to understand.....

Back then they could still go with nostalgia. Back then People grew up with a Nintendo. That is why some people bought a N64 and some a Gamecube. The Wii Audience was a total different one and these people switched actually to IOS devices. The Wii U controller with all its buttons and analogsticks is to complicated for the Wii crowd that is another reason why they do not care. Today's youth is different. They did not grew up with Nintendo and as a result old IPs like a Donkey Kong, or even Mario do not sell anymore like they used to on the console market. And you will see it again with Smashbrothers and Mario Kart. These games will not sell Wii U in a way they need to at this point.

Right now the Wii U will even have trouble to reach 10 million consoles and there is nothing on the horizon that will change that. And yeah you can quote me on that in let's say 1-2 years when the Wii U is being discontinued.

On a sidenote: I love how you only jump on me while other people basically say the same thing XD

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Darji

@video_game_king:

I am sorry, I can see how this bickering can annoy people. Guess I will try to ignore Hailinel from now on....

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh thank puppy.

I just felt a rush of pure irony, but this is perhaps a step in the right direction.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clear plastic hardware cases

CUBIVORE revival

Star Fox 128

Give Capcom whatever money they want to make a Wii-U exclusive remake of Resident Evil 2

cubivore

Get with the times and reacquire the Mike Tyson name and likeness for Punch Out - U

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Video_Game_King

@corwag said:

Get with the times and reacquire the Mike Tyson name and likeness for Punch Out - U

You do realize the irony in this statement, yes?

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A massive 2D Metroid with hi-res sprites that ignores the existence of Other: M. Give it the fidelity of the new 2D Rayman games. Man that would be awesome! Even if it didn't save the console, I'd be happy.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#95 fisk0  Moderator

Honestly, I think the name of it is still the biggest issue - every time I go to my local game store I hear parents asking if it's just an add-on for the Wii. Wii II, Super Wii or anything they could've come up with that actually implied that it was a successor to the Wii, rather than an accessory would probably have increased the sales quite a bit among the non-gamer or casual gamer crowd.

mousse_gallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ryanwhom

Guys, quite white knighting Nintendo.

This doesnt even make sense. Nintendo is in no dire financial need of help, its not a damsel in distress. Were you anticipating this thread be a Nintendo hate-off from people who dont even own WiiUs? Sorry I guess. Didnt mean to rufffle your fedora.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#98  Edited By ProfessorEss

I would start making all the big 3DS titles available to download and play on the WiiU day-one.

I think Nintendo releases just enough great games to make a great library but the way they split them between WiiU and the 3DS leaves both libraries underwhelming for me.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For $100, you'd think they could get a touchscreen that isn't crap. The seemingly pointless game pad is killing the price, and the name is destroying any marketing efforts. I'd probably change those.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Rename it "Super Nintendo Wii"

Problem fucking solved. Thread over.