Whats your favorite moment? (spoilers)

• 63 results
Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Poll Whats your favorite moment? (spoilers) (497 votes)

Crazy old Hitler interviewing actors pissing himself etc. 41%
The Execution and resurrection 42%
The party 5%
Fucking insane grenade pregnant lady topless blood explosion (god i love i had a reason to type that phrase) 11%
Riding the flamethrower robot dog 1%

This game is gonna sweep best moment or sequence this year because man I cannot think of a game with that many insane over the top beautiful moments ever let alone this year.

• 
glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Probably have to go with the second one, including the visit to your childhood home and the said home being lifted up to the sky and then the courthouse shoot-out.

I’m a little disappointed that Wyatt’s drug experiments didn’t get too fantastical, especially when the rest of the game sure did.

Also it feels like they barely touched the whole Da'at Yichud business in this one, which makes me wonder if they are really betting on being able to make a third game. That whole ”looks like a doorknob” line from Wyatt in regards to the odd artifact sure left me wondering.

Special mention goes to the fact that you can stomp on and break Hitler’s neck in that actor scene.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Seikenfreak

Definitely the Hitler scene. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. BJ being face to face with the guy.. How does he not just try and kill him?! It would be great if there was an alternate way to play that out where you just grab a gun and try to kill him. Maybe succeeding and then you have to escape through a massive long shootout that should maybe be actually impossible? What if it turned into a sort of secret side/mini game where wave after wave of enemies come and you see how long you can last? People would've been going nuts online talking about their best times and asking if its possible to survive it.

Or maybe you chase him or something. Or you just kill him and then die instantly from all his super troops there and have to ask yourself.. was it worth it? Sacrificing yourself to maybe end it all right here?

Just incredibly tense.

@glots said:

Special mention goes to the fact that you can stomp on and break Hitler’s neck in that actor scene.

Umm.. what? You can do that?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By glots

@seikenfreak: Yup, just walk over to him when it’s your time to show off your acting skills. Wasn’t able to refuse the prompt once it popped up.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite moment is exploring the submarine and listening to people talk. Particularly Set Roth when he loses to Max Hass at chess or when Sigrun ask him if he listens to music which he thinks its a waste of time then yells at her when she starts singing then at that point he starts humming Die Kafer

MisterEyeballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole execution sequence was incredible, but I gotta give it to the Hitler scene. My jaw was on the floor the entire time. I didn't even know you could kill him during that until I rewatched the scene on youtube afterwards. Just an absolutely insane (10-minute-long) scene that really makes me wonder how Hitler is gonna be as the main antagonist of the third game. Obviously he'll end up as Mecha-Hitler at some point but I'm curious how they make this feeble, sick, senile idiot a challenging force.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Y2Ken

As someone who watched the first couple of hours today but hasn't seen anything else, reading this list is wild. This game really goes for it, huh?

I mean, I've seen plenty of people saying it goes for it. But... it goes for it, apparently.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By glots

@theloyaltraitor said:

The whole execution sequence was incredible, but I gotta give it to the Hitler scene. My jaw was on the floor the entire time. I didn't even know you could kill him during that until I rewatched the scene on youtube afterwards. Just an absolutely insane (10-minute-long) scene that really makes me wonder how Hitler is gonna be as the main antagonist of the third game. Obviously he'll end up as Mecha-Hitler at some point but I'm curious how they make this feeble, sick, senile idiot a challenging force.

Well, the sickness part probably won't matter if they just ditch his body and only attach the head to a mecha-suit. He can probably put up a fight that way.

I was wondering about the possible villains for the next game, but I guess it does have to be Hitler. There was nothing left of Deathshead to recover after TNO's ending and unless that was a very convincing stunt-double for Engel, they won't be storing that head in a jar of any kind...though they did stitch up her face really nicely for this game, so who knows. Or then they finally go the RTCW/Wolfenstein 2009 route and raise her as a zombie.

In addition to my first post, I was also left wondering about the exchange that B.J. and Anya have in bed after they attach his head to a new body. She kinda just brushes off his whole question about how they survived that garage ambush and he mutters something like "Is this real?". I wasn't really expecting a "Oh, it was just a dream." twist at that point anymore, especially after the crueling courthouse scene, but that was still odd.

But then again, this whole game was odd, so that was likely just adding to the madness just for the sake of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Hitler scene was so hilariously absurd it made me laugh several times. That one was really good.
But I would probably say my favorite part of the game was BJ going back to his old home and reliving all those memories, as well as meeting his dad for a final time.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BoOzak

The resurrection scene, even though I called it from the trailers it was still fun to watch. That Anya bit felt a bit random to me, even for this game. I was dissapointed we didnt get to fight Mecha Hitler but that being said Engel was a great villian, way better than Deathshead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hitler scene was great but I also really liked the LSD scene when Wyatt starts talking to that cartoon lizard or whatever that is I wish they didn't spoil that at E3 though.

hughesie27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was kind of disappointed by the Wyatt LSD scenes. I'd like to see what Fergus was like in the other storyline as Wyatt just comes across as a passenger.

I had to put my favourite scene as the execution one though. The Hitler stuff was great however.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I thought that Anya scene was kind of... bad? Not even in a "problematic" sort of way, just in an "I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be 'badass' or 'funny' but it didn't hit the mark on either" way. There are certainly other goofy, over-the-top sequences in the game, but this scene felt almost like a Bethesda executive called up Machine Games and said "Listen, I lost bet and now you have to let David Jaffe direct one of the cutscenes."

And yeah, @jec03, they do give kind of a lot away in the trailers. There was also a trailer on Bethesda's YouTube page that includes a decent chunk of the end of the game. Specifically, the crew standing on the TV set as Grace gives her speech to the nation. That part (almost) in its entirety is just in a trailer.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#13 sgtsphynx  Moderator

The Anya scene is dumb, but it is slightly justified in that her top was on fire at the time. Does it justify her taking off her entire top? Probably not since it looked like it was just her jacket that was on fire.

Anyway, it's a tie for me between the execution and the acting scene on Venus. I managed to stay unspoiled on this game beyond what was shown at E3, so both those scenes were great for me and came out of nowhere.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been repeated already but Hitler scene is amazing. BJ reading the lines poorly and Hitler just criticizing him for his bad acting. That other actor stretching before doing the fight scene, and then the guard just casually lying down to "drop dead". The shopped slide with adult BJ on a bike when Hitler says he has the mind of a child. Just great little touches.

The flamethrower robot dog doesn't even rate imo. Another worthy mention that I enjoyed was the first exchange between Horton and Blaskowicz when they were having a drink off/shout off while Professor was headshotting Nazi's all while Paris is giving a sick clarinet solo. It's not a blowing your mind moment but it had a very manic vibe to it that I enjoyed.

And any of the character's death scenes were done really well too. They made me think the last big scene between Wyatt and Blaskowicz was going to end differently as that got real tense and clearly they're not afraid of killing off characters.

steevl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By steevl

I played through the game with Fergus, so I missed out on all the LSD scenes. Makes sense that they were with Wyatt.

My favorite scene was definitely the audition on Venus. Before it really starts, I was listening to two of the actors have a conversation. When one of them said his name was Ronald, I did a double take and realized he sounded vaguely like Ronald Reagan. And they never come out and say it, but it's heavily implied that he is Reagan. They block out his last name on the back of his chair, and in the dossier profiling each actor it notes his last name is obscured by coffee stains or something.

Seeing BJ read those lines off his hand poorly was hilarious. And seeing the next actor really nail the lines and impress Hitler was even better.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Ravelle
@steevl said:

I played through the game with Fergus, so I missed out on all the LSD scenes. Makes sense that they were with Wyatt.

My favorite scene was definitely the audition on Venus. Before it really starts, I was listening to two of the actors have a conversation. When one of them said his name was Ronald, I did a double take and realized he sounded vaguely like Ronald Reagan. And they never come out and say it, but it's heavily implied that he is Reagan. They block out his last name on the back of his chair, and in the dossier profiling each actor it notes his last name is obscured by coffee stains or something.

Seeing BJ read those lines off his hand poorly was hilarious. And seeing the next actor really nail the lines and impress Hitler was even better.

Yeah, I realized a day after finishing the game with Furgus which is an amazing character by the way, that I didn't got to a LSD scene. We got the robot arm face mush instead which was a little underwhelming compared to the LSD scene.

Brian Bloom who voiced Willian did a phenomenal job with everything, his "actor" line reading and his deliverance was beyond perfect. Him yelling "Nazi Assholes" never gets old.

It's been said before but MachineGames did a amazing job making a bunch of fantastic and likable characters, and also a bunch of them you couldn't wait to murderize.

The Venus scene was great but thought Venus itself was quite boring and unnecessary, Mars was way better designed and had way better weapons.

By the way, did you know you can actually kill HItler before you step into the glass chamber? You can walk up to him while he's on the ground and kick him in the face.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One other thing that surprises me is the voice actress who plays Grace Walker is Debra Wilson, the comedienne who was formally on Mad TV. She seems pretty badass during her scenes in Wolfenstein.

Loading Video...

Plus one interesting thing that i noticed late in the game, If you go back to Super Spesh's Dinner at the Rosewell district and grab a collectible that contains his letter, she will thank BJ for getting it for her.

steevl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:
@steevl said:

Yeah, I realized a day after finishing the game with Furgus which is an amazing character by the way, that I didn't got to a LSD scene. We got the robot arm face mush instead which was a little underwhelming compared to the LSD scene.

Brian Bloom who voiced Willian did a phenomenal job with everything, his "actor" line reading and his deliverance was beyond perfect. Him yelling "Nazi Assholes" never gets old.

It's been said before but MachineGames did a amazing job making a bunch of fantastic and likable characters, and also a bunch of them you couldn't wait to murderize.

The Venus scene was great but thought Venus itself was quite boring and unnecessary, Mars was way better designed and had way better weapons.

By the way, did you know you can actually kill HItler before you step into the glass chamber? You can walk up to him while he's on the ground and kick him in the face.

Yeah, as soon as I saw that I had a prompt when I got near Hitler's head, I quicksaved and did it. That was fun. :)

I agree with you about Venus kind of being boring. Just to clarify, the first game sent you to the moon, not Mars. Maybe we'll go to Mars if they make a third game in the series, though. Could be a fun DOOM easter egg over there.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steevl said:
@ravelle said:
@steevl said:

Yeah, as soon as I saw that I had a prompt when I got near Hitler's head, I quicksaved and did it. That was fun. :)

I agree with you about Venus kind of being boring. Just to clarify, the first game sent you to the moon, not Mars. Maybe we'll go to Mars if they make a third game in the series, though. Could be a fun DOOM easter egg over there.

Oh yeah, it was the moon. Can you imagine DoomSlayer and William crossing paths.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely the audition. The party had moments but also went on too long.

The topless scene was fine. I think what they were going for is that women can be beautiful and badass even when pregnant.

The death/resurrection was too telegraphed. The game showed it's hand the moment the cat/monkey was introduced.

moves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who is either super naive or just plain dumb, when I watched BJ get his head chopped off, what went through my mind was that this was going to turn into a game about Anya... even though I read about the super soldier body and of course watched the cat monkey thing play out. I must have just been in the moment.

A lot of good moments not listed, the rough intro, Caroline getting her head chopped off and then that head being used as a terrible prop to kiss BJ, etc. I could go on. Good, tight game that I played on baby mode.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

It's a tight one between the execution and resurrection scene and the acting audition with Hitler. The execution part basically had me going "wait...this part is really happening?" And then it stopped and showed the Kreisau guys and I immediately knew what was going to happen. I just stared slack-jawed before starting to laugh in amazement. Fucking awesome moment. Few games really get that kind of reaction out of me.

The audition was hilarious and incredibly tense at the same time. It's just expertly written and acted. I was kind of sad when it was over because it had sucked me in.

I also loved the entire intro. The first 45 mins to an hour are thrilling, and Caroline's execution was heartbreaking and really well done. They managed to make a hell of a villain out of Engel this time. Too bad the end of the game is so abrupt.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Hitler capping the guy when he says "I'm from Arizona!" left me in stitches. With apologies to Arizona, the Florida of the West.

dizzylemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like this could be a GOTY category on it's own. That or "Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus presents the second best moment of 2017". Crazy.

Slasktotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brightside: Absolutely! I'd also give a shout out to a lot of the crew interactions on the hammer, they all feel super well written. As a Swed I thought the Swedish crew member's dialogue was absolutely hilarious.

Also, I'd argue that meeting Horton, and that whole moonshine sequence was incredible and right up there with the other poll options! Also the entire end sequence where you go kill Frau Engel was great.

However choosing one from the poll, it's either Hitler or topless, blood covered, pregnant lady. God, what a game.

obamastimulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally liked the moment when you go back to BJ's childhood home to get his mother's ring which leads to the confrontation with his father. I thought the courthouse shootout was pretty rad as well.

The Hitler moment unfortunately got a little spoiled for me because youtube recommended a video called "Wolfenstein 2 All Hitler Scenes" or something like that on my front page. So the entire game I was kinda waiting for his appearance :(. I guess thats what I get for looking up the trailers for the game on YT. Still a pretty tense scene though.

Anyways, its amazing how this game has one crazy moment after another. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28  Edited By Nodima

I personally liked the moment when you go back to BJ's childhood home to get his mother's ring which leads to the confrontation with his father. I thought the courthouse shootout was pretty rad as well.

The Hitler moment unfortunately got a little spoiled for me because youtube recommended a video called "Wolfenstein 2 All Hitler Scenes" or something like that on my front page. So the entire game I was kinda waiting for his appearance :(. I guess thats what I get for looking up the trailers for the game on YT. Still a pretty tense scene though.

Anyways, its amazing how this game has one crazy moment after another. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yeah, I didn't have it explicitly spoiled in that way, but close. Polygon has an article up titled, essentially, "How Machine Games Censored That Hitler Scene in Germany" but I never clicked it, so my initial thought while playing the game was that they were referring to the portraits of him in the courthouse. Thanks to noticing those I was still pretty surprised by an actual appearance from the Führer.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly the entire sequence from BJ childhood home until the execution is just one long great sequence in my mind. I still have to chew over the game, but that section in particular is possibly one of my favorite in a video game ever.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I enjoyed all of those, and I also really loved the twist on the original Wolfenstein called Wolfstone 3D where you play as a Nazi. I loved the part where he goes home. I was a little disappointed his mom died and they didn't go further because it felt like they were leading up to some moment of B.J. going to save her (which would probably end with her dying in some way). It was resolved by his dad telling him about his mom, but resolute with the throwaway line by Hitler about his mom dying in the concentration camp. The Hitler moment was both tense and hilarious. This game was good at making me feel a wide assortment of emotions. It was tense, sad, hopeful, maddening, etc. After B.J.'s death and resurrection and seeing Max hug B.J. was very sweet. When Caroline Becker died just after you witnessed B.J.'s dog get killed by his dad I was seriously bummed out. It was just depressing. I started feeling that way again when 'It's space aliens' guy got killed too. B.J. dying was a huge surprise and so was Hitler's appearance. I suppose this game is worth another playthrough with another surviving character from the first.

WezqApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WezqApe

All those were great, but I'm gonna go with the blood explosion. That caught me by surprise and made me laugh out loud.

The part about the beheading and resurrection was telegraphed so much in advance, that it lessened the impact.

Old Hitler showing up was surprising and mostly funny, but him pissing, coughing, throwing up and being an insane paranoid sack of shit was a bit too much. And yes I know, the rest of the game isn't all that subtle and of course I didn't expect a person like that to be portrayed as anything else, but I guess I still wished for more sinister and intelligent Bond movie villain and less an idiotic Austin Powers villain.

Best moment not on this list was in the beginning with BJ and Set talking while nazis do explosive slapstick in the background.

Least favorite moment: End credits song. I was spoiled a bit by Jeff saying it would be awful, but still after a couple of seconds I was frantically slapping my escape, space and everything else that I could reach to make it stop.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wezqape said:

Best moment not on this list was in the beginning with BJ and Set talking while nazis do explosive slapstick in the background.

Yeah, that should definitely be on the list. That was comedy gold.

I voted for the Venus acting scene.

The execution was powerful up to a point but just... too dumb. Crazy Engel would definitely have kept that head as a trophy and done... stuff... with it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The audition was excellent, but the "death" of BJ was just too batshit insane to put in second place. If it had just been that scene, maybe, but it was the topper on a string of awesome moments. The house, the botched escape plan, the courtroom... I was convinced that they were going to straight up kill BJ and have you play as someone else, which also would have been wild, but I'm glad they didn't go that way. Even though the head transplant stretches belief even by Wolfenstein standards, I was so entertained by it all that I didn't mind.

I'm way too excited for the next game. Mecha-Hitler is all but a given at this point (they have to, right?), and since this is clearly set up to be a trilogy, they can completely let loose in the final chapter. But... before all that, now that we got another Wolfenstein game, perhaps we can start hearing talk of DOOM 2? I'm even more hyped for that.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I finished with Fergus timeline on 'Bring it On' difficulty, I'm trying to replay the Wyatt timeline on 'Death Incarnate' and it's pretty much a two-shot kill mode. As soon as even 1 enemy has a clear shot at you you're gone. Ridiculous but I'm going to do it anyway. I'm desperate to see what things are different in the Wyatt timeline myself.

Back on topic, that execution and resurrection was the only non-gameplay part where I held my breath. When the scientist said 'we have 7 seconds' I was holding my breath. ALL those moments and more were excellent but when Ingel held up BJs head, I really felt like I was defeated. When he was resurrected I wasn't even really relieved it was just some sort of weird feeling. For me that is most memorable, but the whole game is memorable.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By elmorales94

I voted for the execution. Worth noting-- this was not spoiled or telegraphed at all for me. I read every scrap of lore I found, but did not see anything about a super soldier body. I also didn't know that there was a specific cutscene introducing Shoshana, odd since it seemed to be tied to a mandatory interaction with Set. I didn't see that scene until I was watching a collectible guide on Youtube after passing the execution section. All I had seen of Shoshana was the brief snippet of her in the E3 announcement trailer, so it was completely out of my head. That's probably a huge reason why the moment worked for me.

For best moment, I'd widen it out and say that the whole sequence from arriving in Mesquite up until picking your contraption is the best section in the game, maybe in any game ever. Seeing your dad, feeling like a god damn moron for getting caught, the botched rescue, how Engel acts in the interrogation room, the courthouse (okay that part kinda sucked cause it was so damn hard), the actual execution, the introduction of new contraption mechanics... all utterly amazing. The stuff around the audition doesn't support that sequence as well.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for the execution. Worth noting-- this was not spoiled or telegraphed at all for me. I read every scrap of lore I found, but did not see anything about a super soldier body. I also didn't know that there was a specific cutscene introducing Shoshana, odd since it seemed to be tied to a mandatory interaction with Set. I didn't see that scene until I was watching a collectible guide on Youtube after passing the execution section. All I had seen of Shoshana was the brief snippet of her in the E3 announcement trailer, so it was completely out of my head. That's probably a huge reason why the moment worked for me.

For best moment, I'd widen it out and say that the whole sequence from arriving in Mesquite up until picking your contraption is the best section in the game, maybe in any game ever. Seeing your dad, feeling like a god damn moron for getting caught, the botched rescue, how Engel acts in the interrogation room, the courthouse (okay that part kinda sucked cause it was so damn hard), the actual execution, the introduction of new contraption mechanics... all utterly amazing. The stuff around the audition doesn't support that sequence as well.

If you go to the shooting range before talking to Seth you don't get the cutscene. I looked it up on YouTube because I definitely felt like I missed something. It's kind of a dumb oversight on the part of the developers.

Avatar image for moderatetrouble
moderateTrouble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen anyone else mention it in the thread, which surprises me, but I thought the end scene/sequence was really awesome. The game itself DID end abruptly (I literally said "Oh I hope I finish this in time for GOTY" minutes before it ended) but that last sequence... Wow.

I don't know why, but when I was creeping up to Engel I could literally feel my heart pounding in my chest. I had this weirdly visceral rush of adrenaline! It was the most important moment for the game's characters, and in that moment the weight of the story just clicked with me. I was so tense because I didn't want to fuck that up and "ruin" everything BJ and his gang worked for. The stakes were entirely fictional, obviously, but in that moment I really felt the importance.

But I think it speaks to not just how well the game's story was written, but also its presentation. When you walk in and see the audience that's laughing is cardboard cutouts, the stark difference between the colors onstage and backstage, the way you weave behind the seats, then up an elevator, then circle around above the stage before FINALLY facing Engel... I thought it was fantastic.

The entire game had some of my favorite moments in any game I've played (Not since To The Moon have I cried over a game as much as I did when BJ went home!) but the weirdly tense, physical feeling during that sequence felt really special.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The execution scene and everything that happened out of it. Mostly because it was such an absolute shock, but when I realized what was going on, it dawned on me that they took 2017 Wolfenstein and even for a brief moment of time brought it back to the fact that originally, all BJ ever was was a disembodied head.

No Caption Provided

I love it when games make clever callbacks like that.

The Hitler scene is a close second. I have a save file that I can load up to kick that fucker in the head whenever I want. It's magic.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I REALLY want a 3rd(technically 4th) game THIS generation. I've had so much fun with all 3 of these Wolfensteins. I think I enjoyed The New Order slightly more because it was kind've under the radar for me. The New Colossus was great, but it just kind've ended abruptly without a proper build up. This one definitely had more 'WTF/Holy Shit' moments.

As for my favorite moment, I'd say the execution because I was completely expecting him to escape because they always do.

Side note: I need to go back and do the Wyatt story line.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cikame

I uh... saw every moment coming...
I didn't watch a single trailer besides the reveal at E3 (was it E3?), but from accidently seeing thumbnails on youtube leading up to the release i knew Hitler was in it, and at some point i saw the ring around BJ's neck and assumed his head would come off. Walking towards a dark room i knew it would lead to BJ's birthday surprise, the cutscene was fun though, Anya randomly stripping at the end is weird, i assume it's related to her saying she felt excited earlier but naked pregnant women are kinda gross to me, and i just don't like nudity in movies or games.
It was during the part where you look for Fergus's arm that i started doing the Enigma missions, which are kinda lame, and i feel like that break just before the end really killed the game's momentum for me, the game's moments are fun but the ending is really anti climactic, BJ showed more pent up aggression during the acting audition than when finally getting to kill Engel, she should be unrecognizable bloody chunks by the end, though i'm sure it's so they can resurrect her in the next game.
I didn't feel the same amazement the GB crew seem to have felt, and i have to say conversely that my favourite moment is when Max Hass takes Professor to see his work of art.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wezqape said:

All those were great, but I'm gonna go with the blood explosion. That caught me by surprise and made me laugh out loud.

The part about the beheading and resurrection was telegraphed so much in advance, that it lessened the impact.

Old Hitler showing up was surprising and mostly funny, but him pissing, coughing, throwing up and being an insane paranoid sack of shit was a bit too much. And yes I know, the rest of the game isn't all that subtle and of course I didn't expect a person like that to be portrayed as anything else, but I guess I still wished for more sinister and intelligent Bond movie villain and less an idiotic Austin Powers villain.

Least favorite moment: End credits song. I was spoiled a bit by Jeff saying it would be awful, but still after a couple of seconds I was frantically slapping my escape, space and everything else that I could reach to make it stop.

To the game's credit, Hitler WAS an insane paranoid sack of shit even in his prime

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Set introduced his half-cat/half-monkey I knew the same thing was gonna happen to BJ. I mean all the talk about his body failing, about how he only has weeks to live, and then you see a fucking head transplant animal? That was hammer to the head obvious for me.

For that reason, I gotta go with the Hitler scene. Special mention to BJ exploring his old house and confronting his father. That was a major emotional throughline in the early parts of the game.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This list entirely neglects the best scene, with BJ giving Wyatt his post-trip talking to.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Spesh dying was one of the most brutal things I've seen in a game before. I was laughing out loud when he broke his nose on the table, and was literally in the process of thinking "this guy should be Giant Bomb's best new character" and then they just up and shot him.

Tore the smile right off my face man.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kicking Hitler in the face so hard that it killed him was pretty good.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of the moments listed, definitely Hitler. Didn't see it coming at all, and just laughed and was kind of awestruck the whole time.

A little moment that made me pause the game because I laughed so hard randomly, was when Anya whispers to BJ over the radio that the combat is making her excited, and then hears a cough and asks if they're on a public channel and one by one everyone kind of knowingly, awkwardly chimes in until it just ends with "Max Hass."

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fatalbanana: Not everyone is killing nazis in that scene. One guy is playing jazz clarinet :D

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hobozero: I don't know how I forgot about the jazz clarinet! haha