Why Is Microsoft's Plan to Turn Retail Xbox Ones into Dev Kits News Today?

• 83 results
ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

They should release an "Enthusiast" or "Maker" version in white although it'll probably just confuse consumers which is why Nintendo have pulled the White 8gig Wii U.

Hynes22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#102  Edited By Hynes22

I think when a MS executive says something, that is enough to run a story. If you think about it if this was true Microsoft wouldn't have bothered responding to anyone's request for clarification about the story they would throw together a Press Release and put it up.

It is the executive's fault for talking out of turn about something he didn't know about his company, not the game's journalists / bloggers who picked up on the story. It's fine, if not a little self congratulatory to say "Hey, I knew better." and watch as they all edit their news stories but what happened a couple days ago is far less about journalists jumping the gun than it is about Microsoft executives not being on message about the direction and features of their console.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jimmyfenix: During one of the E3 2014 live shows, but I can't remember which one. It was of course just a "joke", but it still gave me the impression that Patrick disregards this kind of stuff from the community.