Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

Forza 3 gets some reviews

• 81 results
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Tylea002
    @crunchUK: Crunch, make me cars for teh free Pl0x. I'll get ODST and play firefight! :D:D
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By crunchUK
    @Tylea002 said:
    " @crunchUK: Crunch, make me cars for teh free Pl0x. I'll get ODST and play firefight! :D:D "
    i'll auction them for you
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By KamasamaK

This game is getting reviewed? Impressive.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By dagas

Graphics look more than good enough. Huge improvement from Forza 2. Maybe GT5 looks better, but unless they manage to compete with the physics engine in Forza 3, I'm not interested. You won't notice much difference while driving and it's a game about driving not taking pictures of your car. I'm not going to judge GT5 since it's not out, but until it is I remain skeptical that they can compete with Forza 3 in realistic physics and driving. 

If loving Forza makes me a fanboy then so be it, but I was a Gran Turismo fanboy before I played Forza 2 (didn't play the first one since I didn't believe anything could compete with GT4) and then realized Forza is much better than GT. If GT5 manages to win me back, great. However until then (probably several months before GT5 comes) I'll have fun playing Forza 3.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Pie
    @Tylea002 said:
    " @crunchUK: Crunch, make me cars for teh free Pl0x. I'll get ODST and play firefight! :D:D "
    Shup
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By crunchUK
    @Pie said:
    " @Tylea002 said:
    Shup "
    just because you want freebies off me?
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By ieatlions
    @PeasForFees: I payed for that "beta" so . . . how is it a beta.
    ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By ObsideonDarman

Graphics do not matter, as long as the Gameplay is great as Jeff and among others has said it truly is then it will be a great Game. 

Anyone betting it will get a 5 Star from Jeff?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By crunchUK
    @ObsideonDarman said:
    " Graphics do not matter, as long as the Gameplay is great as Jeff and among others has said it truly is then it will be a great Game.  Anyone betting it will get a 5 Star from Jeff? "
    Probably didn't it say in the quick look that everything about the game was awesome? Or am i inventing things...
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By ieatlions
    @PeasForFees: no prolouge is a  game and it got reviewed by websites.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By crunchUK
    @PeasForFees said:
    " @ieatlions said:
    " @PeasForFees: no prolouge is a  game and it got reviewed by websites. "
    It was still not a finished product "
    a product they charge for?
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By get2sammyb

Can we remember that the Gran Turismo 5 screen is from PROLOGUE - i.e. the game from last year. Y'all.

In other news, I played Forza 3 today and it's pretty awesome. Wished there were more tracks in the demo though.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By crunchUK
    @get2sammyb said:

" Can we remember that the Gran Turismo 5 screen is from PROLOGUE - i.e. the game from last year. Y'all.  In other news, I played Forza 3 today and it's pretty awesome. Wished there were more tracks in the demo though. "

Yeah i wish there was a more "circuity" track in the demo instead of the mountain road course. It has weird racing lines and the bumps and jumps and things seem fun at first but when you try to set quick laps they get quite annoying
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By iam3green

nice the reviews look great. a lot of the reviewers gave it a 9.5 which is great for a game. i really enjoyed the demo even though it was only one track to race on.

Avatar image for the_dude_abides
    The_Dude_Abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The_Dude_Abides

Not that impressive at all i have to say. I mean, the car selection, the menu layout, customs and all that are great. But the actual driving experience, the visuals? Severely lacking on that front for me.  The cockpit view too is absolutely horrendous. I've only played an hour or two and already i've found myself turning into corners blind at times. 

I don't think the "sim" excuse can be used here either. As Race Pro was a heap more fun to actually play compared to this.

It's going to get awesome reviews i'm sure, but it could be complete turd(it isn't) and it would still get great scores.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By crunchUK
    @The_Dude_Abides said:
    " Not that impressive at all i have to say. I mean, the car selection, the menu layout, customs and all that are great. But the actual driving experience, the visuals? Severely lacking on that front for me.  The cockpit view too is absolutely horrendous. I've only played an hour or two and already i've found myself turning into corners blind at times. 

I don't think the "sim" excuse can be used here either. As Race Pro was a heap more fun to actually play compared to this.  It's going to get awesome reviews i'm sure, but it could be complete turd(it isn't) and it would still get great scores. "
    I've played many hours, and have never found myself turning into a corner blind. And i think it IS a lot of fun to play, it's kept the realism and depth of forza 2, but has tried to touch PGR with a kind of "driving thrill" and good sense of speed. That, and there's still the epic customization and community content to consider
    wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By wh1terav3n
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " The cars still look like RC toys and the community sucks (the vast majority are 10 year old boys and rednecks). "
    Sony Defense Force Need not apply. Please leave if you're going to act like a 5 year old.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By kmdrkul
    @crunchUK said:
    " @The_Dude_Abides said:
    " Not that impressive at all i have to say. I mean, the car selection, the menu layout, customs and all that are great. But the actual driving experience, the visuals? Severely lacking on that front for me.  The cockpit view too is absolutely horrendous. I've only played an hour or two and already i've found myself turning into corners blind at times. 

I don't think the "sim" excuse can be used here either. As Race Pro was a heap more fun to actually play compared to this.  It's going to get awesome reviews i'm sure, but it could be complete turd(it isn't) and it would still get great scores. "
    it's kept the realism and depth of forza 2, but has tried to touch PGR with a kind of "driving thrill" and good sense of speed. T
    Is this true?  One of my biggest problems with Forza 2 (and every GT I've played, for that matter) was that none of those games had a sense of speed.  You play games like Grid and NFS Shift, and while I know they aren't necessarily striving towards simulation as GT and Forza are, they delivered a sense of speed that actually made the driving a thrill.  Have they improved this in the new game?  I didn't notice much difference from the demo...
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By crunchUK
    @kmdrkul said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @The_Dude_Abides said:

it's kept the realism and depth of forza 2, but has tried to touch PGR with a kind of "driving thrill" and good sense of speed. T
    Is this true?  One of my biggest problems with Forza 2 (and every GT I've played, for that matter) was that none of those games had a sense of speed.  You play games like Grid and NFS Shift, and while I know they aren't necessarily striving towards simulation as GT and Forza are, they delivered a sense of speed that actually made the driving a thrill.  Have they improved this in the new game?  I didn't notice much difference from the demo... "
    Yes, you will notice it a lot particularly in bumper view. In forza 2 the only car in the demo that would feel fast would be the racing porsche, and even then you would eventually get used to it with all the long races. In the demo i even found the mini to be fast and when doing hotlaps in it you don't feel like it sucks performance wise.
    Avatar image for the_dude_abides
    The_Dude_Abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By The_Dude_Abides
    @crunchUK said:

I've played many hours, and have never found myself turning into a corner blind. And i think it IS a lot of fun to play, it's kept the realism and depth of forza 2, but has tried to touch PGR with a kind of "driving thrill" and good sense of speed. That, and there's still the epic customization and community content to consider "

Are you using the cockpit view? Maybe "blind" was the wrong word, i don't know, it's kind of hard to describe, and i think some of it is to do with some cars steering wheeling being on the "wrong" side that it's disorientating. But there's definitely a sense, on some corners, when in cockpit view, of not having a full view.  It's as though your head is bolted in the straight ahead position, when in games like GRID(best cockpit view we've had imo), when you entered a corner, the screen would tilt slightly.

@kmdrkul said:

Is this true?  One of my biggest problems with Forza 2 (and every GT I've played, for that matter) was that none of those games had a sense of speed.  You play games like Grid and NFS Shift, and while I know they aren't necessarily striving towards simulation as GT and Forza are, they delivered a sense of speed that actually made the driving a thrill.  Have they improved this in the new game?  I didn't notice much difference from the demo... "

Unfortunately yes, i would have to say. There's very little thrill or as you say, any sense of real speed. And again, like you say, Shift and GRID captured the feel and exhilaration you'd imagine driving at high speed feels like....somewhat.  

So much of the game feels like it's "on tracks" too, even with all the assist turned off, there just isn't that feel of looseness you'd expect. Everything feels heavy and dulled somewhat. 

And like I say, I'm not buying the sim excuse here either when Race Pro managed to strike up a nice balance of excitement and realism.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @crunchUK said:

Oh, and just to fuel a flame war here's something i stole from the gamesradar review: 

No Caption Provided
    "
    Oo0o0o I See the difference, GT5 Prologue is in first place!  :D 

Its going to be funny when people start comparing GT5 (not the old GT5 prologue!) to Forza 3. 
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74  Edited By TheHBK

Doesnt really matter which looks better when at the end of the day, Forza is more fun to play, actually has AI and damage and painting on the cars.
    Sorry but I got burned by GT4.  No online play?  Fuck you yamauchi, what the fuck have you been doing all these years?  And I get the feeling the online features wont be anywhere near as good as those in Forza, simply because this is a japanese game.  And as we heard on the podcast, they have not caught up with the times in terms of online feature sets over there.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By PureRok
    @OmegaPirate said:
    "   But also taken from that same review (at the end)  "  ... so visually speaking, Prologue (Answer A.) still looks significantly better than Forza 3 (Answer B.), and it stands to reason the full featured GT5 will look even better  "  :P  I am really looking forward to Forza 3, even if the visuals are (opinionated) not as up to scratch as gt5 - forza 2 i came late to the party and still thoroughly enjoyed, so hopefully with all the improvements made to 3 should tide me over for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time ^_^ "
    That's weird, I thought B. looked better.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By crunchUK
    @TwoOneFive said:

" @crunchUK said:

Oh, and just to fuel a flame war here's something i stole from the gamesradar review: 

No Caption Provided
    "
    Oo0o0o I See the difference, GT5 Prologue is in first place!  :D Its going to be funny when people start comparing GT5 (not the old GT5 prologue!) to Forza 3.  "

@crunchUK said: 

Oh, and just to fuel a flame war  

...was not meant to be taken seriously. Idiotic fanboy comments ftl
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @crunchUK: Everyone knows need for speed is teh winorz

*NOTE HEAVY SARCASM*
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @wh1terav3n said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

" The cars still look like RC toys and the community sucks (the vast majority are 10 year old boys and rednecks). "
    Sony Defense Force Need not apply. Please leave if you're going to act like a 5 year old. "
    I was referring to the squeaky ten year olds and rednecks populating XBox live: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ARnaj9A2g     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s-y15ODSL8 
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By crunchUK
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @wh1terav3n said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

Sony Defense Force Need not apply. Please leave if you're going to act like a 5 year old. "
    I was referring to the squeaky ten year olds and rednecks populating XBox live:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ARnaj9A2g     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s-y15ODSL8  "
    Cool, but they can be almost completely avoided if you're a dedicated player in any game.
    wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#80  Edited By wh1terav3n
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @wh1terav3n said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

I was referring to the squeaky ten year olds and rednecks populating XBox live:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ARnaj9A2g     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s-y15ODSL8  "
    Oh please, because 2 youtube videos accurately depict EVERYBODY on Live. I'm sure that there are just as many freakin idiots on PSN.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @wh1terav3n said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @wh1terav3n said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

Oh please, because 2 youtube videos accurately depict EVERYBODY on Live. I'm sure that there are just as many freakin idiots on PSN. "
    The guys on the Bombcast complain about the lack of a "standard" headset for the PS3--I just use a USB Sennheiser headset which I also use on the PC and Mac.  Watching TeamKiller's videos, I'm convinced the lack of a standard headset is a blessing.  :D 
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82  Edited By TheHBK
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @wh1terav3n said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @wh1terav3n said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

Oh please, because 2 youtube videos accurately depict EVERYBODY on Live. I'm sure that there are just as many freakin idiots on PSN. "
    The guys on the Bombcast complain about the lack of a "standard" headset for the PS3--I just use a USB Sennheiser headset which I also use on the PC and Mac.  Watching TeamKiller's videos, I'm convinced the lack of a standard headset is a blessing.  :D  "
    I think they complain about a headset not being included with the PS3 like in the xbox.  Sure videos like that show the bad side of talking online, and for racing games its not really important.  Only to hear bitches complain about crashing into them.  But for games like MAG and COD, where talking can be key, its a shame that more often than not, most of the team is silent.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @TheHBK said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

" @wh1terav3n said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @wh1terav3n said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

The guys on the Bombcast complain about the lack of a "standard" headset for the PS3--I just use a USB Sennheiser headset which I also use on the PC and Mac.  Watching TeamKiller's videos, I'm convinced the lack of a standard headset is a blessing.  :D  "
    I think they complain about a headset not being included with the PS3 like in the xbox.  Sure videos like that show the bad side of talking online, and for racing games its not really important.  Only to hear bitches complain about crashing into them.  But for games like MAG and COD, where talking can be key, its a shame that more often than not, most of the team is silent. "
    That's true.  Although, I noticed that a lot of folks playing Flashpoint do have headsets.   My guess is that the game is quite similar to SOCOM (there's a bundle that comes with a headset) and the same folks picked up Flashpoint.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By crunchUK
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @wh1terav3n said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @wh1terav3n said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

lack of standard headset = fail i think. It makes games more fun. And nobody is making you switch it on if you dont want to.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @crunchUK said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @wh1terav3n said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @wh1terav3n said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

lack of standard headset = fail i think. It makes games more fun. And nobody is making you switch it on if you dont want to. "
    Yes, and in some games, you can mute folks.   For me it still doesn't matter: I'd still use my USB Sennheiser headset. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.