Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

Technical issues with XBL notifications and car gifting

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Andorski

I just got Forza Motorsport 3 today and started playing it.  When the game first started, I got a few messages from the in-game inbox that was gifting me cars.  One message said that it was gifting me "Missing Content," and it just directed me to just the Marketplace.  Was I suppose to get a car, or is the message intentionally directing me to the Marketplace so that I know there is available content there for me to buy?

Also, I noticed that every time I get a notification pop-up (telling me when friends come online, when I get messages, etc.), the game starts to stutter until the pop-up goes away.  Is this a known issue with the game, or is my 360 bugging out? 

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By trace

The "Missing Content" means it was trying to gift you a car from one of the DLC which you either don't have or didn't purchase. I know there's at least one DLC car they've gifted out to VIPs, but I forget which. EDIT: Probably the newer GT-R, looking at the DLC list and recalling gift cars from memory.

I haven't experienced the stuttering from notifications, but I've heard of such situations before, with stuttering or gauges freaking out in-car when a notification pops up. What causes the difference, I'm not sure.

Coldfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coldfront

I can tell you because I know my missing content message is the GT-R that that is indeed the car you are missing so to get it you need to download the Hot Holiday's car pack

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.