Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 4

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 11, 2011

The fourth installment of Turn 10's Motorsport racing franchise, released in Fall 2011. It features 16 player online races, dynamic race conditions, cars from over 80 manufacturers, and compatibility with Kinect, both on and off the racetrack.

leaderboard scoring system

terribleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By terribleOne

I don't understand how it works. I see perfect laps make your hours go down but just how much do flaws make your time go up. Nd if I haven't raced a race does it still count? I assume not as I I am top q% in s class all around... my 2 eleven is diiiirty. :D

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Renahzor

@terribleOne: every class on every course has a time, added together for your leaderboard score. track/class combos with no time set are added as 30 minutes, tracks with a dirty lap are added as 15, as far as I'm aware. Clean laps of course add only that time to the score.

Don't ask about artist/tuner/designer boards, that's all voodoo with sells and ratings.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Bouke

@Renahzor: this is how it worked in Forza 3 as well right? Do you know if there is a way to tell which circuit and which class you still need to post a clean lap for, to get the overall time down?

terribleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By terribleOne

thank you very much. Needed that. Kept urking me.lol. Nd as far as I've found to find out which races I need I just go to leader board > circuit >class s > (whichever track) > seperate races then launch race right from leaderboard. Sounds long but it's easy haha

Grnd_Lb_Knt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Grnd_Lb_Knt

@Renahzor @terribleOne You can also go to http://forzamotorsport.net and login (No signup necessary uses your Windows Live username and password). Click on Community then Leaderboards. This is much quicker to navigate.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By trace

@Renahzor said:

...tracks with a dirty lap are added as 15, as far as I'm aware.

Close, but in the case of dirty laps, it's the lap time you ran plus ten minutes. Everything else is spot-on, including the painter/photo/replay voodoo, and it's all basically the same as it was in Forza 3.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Lnin0

Thanks. I've head every Forza game and never understood this fucked up leaderboard. As the OP asked - is there not a way to show a break down of your total time as a list of all events / classes and the time for each? It seems insanely mindless to give a fuck about a score that you can only figure out by sorting one by one on a website.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By trace

@Lnin0 said:

As the OP asked - is there not a way to show a break down of your total time as a list of all events / classes and the time for each? It seems insanely mindless to give a fuck about a score that you can only figure out by sorting one by one on a website.

Not really. All you get that I'm aware of is the usual ability to drill down through the leaderboard system by class/track, which obviously doesn't make it easy to identify blatant weaknesses.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mfpantst
    @PsEG: However, if you look at your ranking relative to an active group for each class it does make it easy to see where you have or have not set lap times.  For example, I've run a lap on almost all circuits on R2-R3 classes, but almost none on B and C classes, that's easy to see because in the first I'm in the top 40-30% and in the latter i'm in the top 70%.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.