Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fret Nice

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 04, 2010

Fret Nice is a platform game that you play using a guitar controller.

Fret Nice is kinda broken...

Synchronatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Synchronatic

So, I decide to download the demo of Fret Nice, thinking that it has an interesting premise and I would like to try it out. So I boot it up and select right-handed guitar controller in the menu.
    Then it tells me to tilt the controller.

You see, my guitar controller has been broken since I got it, and from what I can tell, that is not an unusual occurrence. It's never really bothered me though, as Harmonix has seemed to acknowledge the shitty construction of the guitar controllers by having the option to simply use the select button.
    Fret Nice has no such alternative.

I was super stoked to use my guitar controller for another game -- especially a platformer -- but now it seems as though that won't happen.
    At least they have the demo available though, so that people don't waste 15 dollars just to find that its best feature -- being able to use a guitar controller -- doesn't work with their hardware.

Just thought that I would share this with Giantbomb and maybe warn anybody else whose guitar controller is broken like mine not to bother with the demo or the game.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

That seems like a silly oversight because I'm guessing a lot of guitars are at least slightly wonky with their star power sensors. 

Thankfully, mine still works.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By turboman

It's an ok concept, it just doesn't work to have the tilt function to be the jump button... and I don't like the controls you need to do to "Play Riffs" and attack enemies 

I don't know how to do it any better, I don't think Guitars and any other game can mix very well.

Krelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Krelle

Ive been playing this with a regular wireless controller all night and im really diggin it. 

I havnt tried playing it with a guitar and I dont intend to either. The controls are not a strong point, true, but the design and music makes it a very intresting game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.