Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Friday the 13th: The Game

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 26, 2017

Take control of classic horror icon Jason Voorhees and stalk up to seven other players (as camp counselors trying to survive the night) in this asymmetrical-multiplayer survival horror game.

Friday the 13th Gameplay Trailer

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I did not see this on the site, but it definitely needs to be seen. Looks kinda strange, but cool for fans of the series. What do you think?

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looks kind of cool.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looking good, looking good.

I just hope people pick up on this being early alpha footage and that jank is to be expecte- ahh, who am I kidding? I'm sure the devs are getting death threats right this minute over the unfinished animations, Jason teleporting in a smoke cloud, etc.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By crithon

I need to call my best friend he's a true fan, I actually don't like Friday the Thirteenth series. The Burning or the Prowler are better films then any Jason film. The problem is that this is going to be the last 20 minutes of a jason film when jason films are all about the bizarre crispin glover dancing moments.

...... is he teleporting because during early tests they found that other players are more agile then the lumbering Zombie dude. I do love the mom dialog, that's right on. I like the stamina meeter on the teens. This is WAY TOO EARLY, and it's embarrassing kills, which actually are spot on since maybe only 4 kills in jason films are actually outstanding, the series never had anything up par with Mortal Kombat X.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Are you sure the teleporting smoke cloud stuff isn't intentional? They need some way to explain how he gets around so quickly in the movies.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The deck seems completely stacked in Jason's favor at this point... he can spot your sounds from a considerable distance, see people through walls and the environment, and teleport.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

As a big (stupidly big) fan of the Friday the 13th series I am really damn psyched. I'm very pleased with everything I've seen so far. I mean, fuck, that is obviously Kane Hodder--he doesn't just move like Kane's Jason, he even breathes like Kane's Jason would. PUMPED!

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like it could be pretty cool, plus this is a project Sessler's consulting company has been helping out with so hopefully it turns out pretty cool. I saw another game thought that looks really similar but going with a multiple slashers/non-licensed take on it that could come out first and kinda eat it's lunch.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

I want this game to be good so bad; the series meant a lot to me as a kid. But I don't see it, at least not here.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The deck seems completely stacked in Jason's favor at this point... he can spot your sounds from a considerable distance, see people through walls and the environment, and teleport.

Agreed, it's still early and they haven't shown everything and all that, but thus far he seems really over powered, which I get, but might make for a boring time.
    I think even just turning down the teleport would help a bit. He literally teleports right against the girls, that's way to much. I like the idea of the teleporting, it helps balance out the lumbering zombie thing he has going on, but he shouldn't be able to teleport onto your shoes.
    I'm thinking Left 4 Dead, if you are the monster you can spawn anywhere you want that isn't within the immediate view of the survivors, you can spawn around a corner, fair enough, but you can't spawn on their nose.
    That being said, fingers crossed, seems like a good idea, look forward to seeing more and seeing how the survivors are able to take him on.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This looks weirdly early in development to be showing it off. Still, at least they got the walk animation down, that is one Jason-as walk.

Teleport should be regulated to outside the counselors line of sight. Reduces it's power while also creating that impression from the counselors point of view that Jason is almost impossibly fast for how he walks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.