Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Friday the 13th: The Game

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 26, 2017

Take control of classic horror icon Jason Voorhees and stalk up to seven other players (as camp counselors trying to survive the night) in this asymmetrical-multiplayer survival horror game.

HEY GUYS I'm back with a new interview and here to take fan questions!

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First off, no I'm sorry, this isn't a Giantbomb member this time BUT I have a very special interview with the co-creator of the new Friday the 13th game coming out in October, Ronnie Hobbs!!! I want to keep the train rolling and offer you the opportunity to ask a few fan questions because I sincerely owe this community so very much.

I've been having some hard personal times lately and every time I come here, I'm always in a better frame of mind afterwards. You guys are amazing!

So put them down below and I'll hand pick a few!

Later Duders!!!

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope things get better for you soon dude. Praying for ya!

Here is my question:

What got you into the video game industry? Did you ever see yourself making a game on such an iconic property?

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By odinsmana

Sad to hear you`re having a tough time. I hope things will get better soon!

My question is:

How did you end up working with the Friday the 13th property? Also: How has it been working with a property you don`t own?

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The real question is: What is the best Friday the 13th? the only real answer is Jason X (SPACE!).

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Who do you think would win? Jason Voorhees or Jason the Red Ranger?

Follow up question if he thinks Voorhees would win: what if he was in his zord?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanks for doing this, duder!

My question: With horror franchise game adaptations having such a spotty history (including F13 itself), do you think that this game's potential success could pave the way for future like-minded projects by yourselves or others? I'm still not sure how a multiplayer Elm Street game could work, but I'd love to see someone try it.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@vegetashonor: thanks for what you do, I went through some stuff a few months ago and it's getting better having giantbomb through this has been a godsend

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagesebas: I completely understand. This site always gives me that smile I need. That's why I exclusively come to this group with my interviews. I want to give back in any way I can to say thank you for always being so nice all the time!!!

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagesebas: Yes sir! Here's the link..."I don't know if it's okay that I post it, lol"

https://youtu.be/n-rlQEyRBJI

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

The real question is: What is the best Friday the 13th? the only real answer is Jason X (SPACE!).

Man, as stupid and bad as that movie kind of is, I really like it too.

I don't know anything about the new game they're working on, but I wonder what they think of the slasher-movies-inspired games that already exist? Games like Until Dawn, Lakeview Cabin, the NES Friday the 13th game. Until Dawn in particular could be tough to compete with!

Also: knife or bat?

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@audiobusting: The game is along the lines of Evolve where one person is Jason and 7 others are camp counselors. It's that formula of "kill Jason before he kills all of you". I honest to goodness can't wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.