Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FromSoftware, Inc.

Company »

A Japanese publisher and developer known for the Souls, Armored Core, Tenchu, and King's Field franchises.

What should From Software make next?

• 51 results
    MEA_Sonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What should From Software make next? (127 votes)

Demon's Souls 2 8%
    Bloodborne 2 9%
    Tenchu 4 15%
    Kuon 2 0%
    New IP 68%

With From Software signaling that they will be done with Dark Souls once the trilogy is complete, one starts to ponder their future options. Sony is no doubt clamoring for a follow up to their console exclusive sleeper hit Bloodborne. At this point however, it seems as if there could be no plot twist or revelation that could compete with the original Bloodborne. Perhaps it should stand alone as a single title with no sequels. In any sequel players would keep thinking "Yeah, yeah. Enough with the werewolves, when is the Lovecraftian, cosmic horror, eldritch abominations part start?"

Looking back at their past releases, I have really missed a good ninja game. Ninja Gaiden was always intended as Tecmo's fast twitch, arcade-style action game. While From Software has developed Tenchu as an open-ended stealth game, allowing players to take their time and utilize various ninja items in their inventory to subdue guards and assassinate their targets undetected. I have always felt the Tenchu games to be the pinnacle of ninja games, which says alot about how few are made, especially today. I'd love to see them make a full fledged ninja stealth game like Tenchu: Stealth Assassins or Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven.

A friend of mine who only plays PC games said he would buy a PS4 if they made a sequel to Demon's Souls as a PS4 exclusive because the original game was "THAT GOOD."

I got into the souls series after Bloodborne. I was a diehard Tenchu fan and then From Software just dropped off my radar. I can tell you that playing the Dark Souls games after Bloodborne is not as enjoyable. I prefer the faster pace and more minimalist HUD of Bloodborne to Dark Souls' slow, methodical exploration and gigantic, view-obscuring item menu during gameplay.

Just a few years ago, it seemed as if Japan was toast when it came to game development. All of the hot new releases were being developed in the NA/EU regions. Now, every game I'm looking forward to this year is Japanese:

Ni-Oh

Dragon Quest XI

DeadOrAliveExtreme3.gif

Whatever From Software makes next.

In closing, while people have debated the individual merits of certain releases, From Software has a legacy of releasing games of an overall good quality. With that in mind, what would you like to see them make next?

tl;dr Tenchu Rocks! Bloodborne is Fun. Souls games are boring.

• 
    bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First impulse, Demon’s Souls 2. Taking a second to think about it though, a new ip would be great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.