Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fuse

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released May 28, 2013

Insomniac's first multiplatform game tells the story of OverStrike 9, a band of special-agent misfits working together to thwart a threat to mankind.

Insomniac reveals Fuse with a gameplay trailer.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Phatmac

While the look of the game has certainly changed, it still looks pretty cool. Insomniac is great at creating some fun weapons and having solid gameplay so I have faith in it. Judge it for yourself in this new trailer that shows off Fuse.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zaccheus

The OverStrike trailer had so much more personality to it... Well it's all about mechanics at this point. I'm not that into the whole co-op thing since I have no friends.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zella

Change in art style make sense, they need to differentiate themselves from Borderlands. I was never really into Resistance so unless this ends up being incredible I doubt I'll play it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

yeah those weapons look pretty nuts. style change is uninteresting, but whaddayagonna do.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Phatmac

@Zella said:

Change in art style make sense, they need to differentiate themselves from Borderlands. I was never really into Resistance so unless this ends up being incredible I doubt I'll play it.

It's a third person shooter so it won't play like Resistance.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@TheHT said:

yeah those weapons look pretty nuts. style change is uninteresting, but whaddayagonna do.

Yeah the art style isn't too much of a bummer to me... not the most important part. Weapons and upgrades sound fun.

I hope it's still humorous (it is from what I've read) and I hear it has a cool fluid movement system that's Assassin's Creed like. So seems like it has quite a bit going for it.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ares42

Damn, they pulled an opposite "borderlands". Went from a fun and interesting stylized look to a completely generic art-style and completely killed my interest in the game =/

Avatar image for blastprocessing
    BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By BlastProcessing

I have a feeling this will totally sell poorly. Shame, cause it looks pretty solid.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By asurastrike

I feel like Insomniac is going to learn just how difficult the multiplatform shooter scene is.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By crithon

was expecting the particle effects to look better and the character models to have more shape to them. I still want to have faith in this game, but less then march till game's release not expecting a massive art pass to improve the graphics like how L4D was radically changed just 4 months before release.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ahgunsillyo

As someone who was excited about OverStrike when it was initially announced as such, I'm rather disappointed by the change in direction and art style. Personally, I don't really think Insomniac does as well when it doesn't inject a little lightness, personality, and humor into their games, and judging by this trailer and the screenshots and images they've shown of the redesigned and rebranded Fuse, they seem to have taken a step back in terms of that.

I liked it better when everybody wasn't wearing the exact same boring, gray military garb. The characters were originally a thief, an ex-mercenary, a scientist, and a detective. A DETECTIVE! How cool is that?! Now, while they might have those same occupations, they all just look like soldiers.

BECAUSE THAT'S JUST WHAT WE NEED. MORE SOLDIERS IN OUR VIDEO GAMES.

Why is it so wrong to give the snazzy characters snazzy outfits? Look how classy they look!
    Why is it so wrong to give the snazzy characters snazzy outfits? Look how classy they look!
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MiniPato

@ahgunsillyo said:

As someone who was excited about OverStrike when it was initially announced as such, I'm rather disappointed by the change in direction and art style. Personally, I don't really think Insomniac does as well when it doesn't inject a little lightness, personality, and humor into their games, and judging by this trailer and the screenshots and images they've shown of the redesigned and rebranded Fuse, they seem to have taken a step back in terms of that.

I liked it better when everybody wasn't wearing the exact same boring, gray military garb. The characters were originally a thief, an ex-mercenary, a scientist, and a detective. A DETECTIVE! How cool is that?! Now, while they might have those same occupations, they all just look like soldiers.

Seriously. Haven't we had enough videogames with characters wearing nondescript black military gear?

The game looks like it could be fun. The weapons certainly look like they'll be fun to play with. But I am disappointed with the overall aesthetic shift. In their words "going from campy humor to dry humor." Campy humor isn't bad. And good humor can be done with cartoonish characters (see: TF2).

Also I'm not the biggest fan of the Resistance games. Insomniac makes some crazy weapons, but I'm not a fan of their balancing solution by making bullet sponge enemies and bosses.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I preach to the choir that is irked by this change. Thing is, why the heck did they do it? Money? Power? No... A man chooses, a slave obeys.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WarlordPayne

I find the change in aesthetics extremely disappointing. If it wasn't for the dude walking around with the shield that would have looked like any other third person shooter, and none of the weapons were any more crazy than what's in a lot of games so they don't even have that going for them.

Insomniac really needs to learn to stick with what they're good at, and it isn't gritty military shooters.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By Yummylee

@Zella said:

Change in art style make sense, they need to differentiate themselves from Borderlands.

By looking like yet another gritty shooter. Yeah, makes sense.... I'm still interested in the game because the gameplay looks like a riot, but fucking hell, man. What happened to the colour? I especially don't like the much more generic mercenary-esque outfits for the main cast.

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By two_socks

Art style change is really kind of a bummer. Willing to give it a shot still though. Insomniac is certainly capable.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Looks a;lot like bulletstorm

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zereta

Game looks real cool. Art style change isn't as pronounced as it seemed initially, still has some of that cartoonish flavor.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19  Edited By zyn

Looks good!

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By rjpelonia

@ahgunsillyo said:

Yeah... Yeah, I'm going to have to go with everything this guy said.

Well, I suppose it boils down to gameplay. If it's fun to play that's a winner in my book, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the old look. Color me less excited, but they still have my attention. Somewhat.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By altairre

The color scheme looks pretty terrible.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By GunstarRed

The game looks fun, big silly explosions and weird weapons. The colour, the personality, where did it go? I still have faith in Insomniac putting out something great, but I really, really, really miss the old designs.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AssInAss
    @Asurastrike

I feel like Insomniac is going to learn just how difficult the multiplatform shooter scene is.

You'd think they would go multiplatform for something a little more fresh that wouldn't be funded by Sony, than another co-op shooter. I'd rather play Syndicate than this, at least that game's more visually stimulating.
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By Justin258

The best way I can summarize my feelings on this now is "looks like it will be completely functional but utterly unremarkable."

Its aesthetics don't turn me completely off but I don't have a burning desire to play it. I've got Left 4 Dead and Borderlands for 4 player co op shooters; that this one is in third person doesn't even begin to differentiate it enough.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mordukai

@Ares42 said:

Damn, they pulled an opposite "borderlands". Went from a fun and interesting stylized look to a completely generic art-style and completely killed my interest in the game =/

Capasso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Capasso

The change in the art style was a good first step, but I don't know man, TWO female team members? They might want to revise that if they want "the CoD audience".

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mordukai

@Capasso said:

The change in the art style was a good first step, but I don't know man, TWO female team members? They might want to revise that if they want "the CoD audience".

"Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffft"

Talking out of your ass I see.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I was really excited about the original trailer last year. The new look is a bummer, because I see enough of that graphics style in dozens of other games.

If they're trying to differentiate themselves from Borderlands, when Borderlands sold huge, and BL2 is looking like it will do even better, that's probably a poorly thought out angle to go from.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ripelivejam

MORE ORANGE AND BLACK!!!

MORE ORANGE AND BLACK!!!!!!!

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MikeGosot

Man, trying to explain that this is an EA Partners game on Youtube was my first and last comment on that shit, i swear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.