Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fuse

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released May 28, 2013

Insomniac's first multiplatform game tells the story of OverStrike 9, a band of special-agent misfits working together to thwart a threat to mankind.

That box art is pretty terrible

• 66 results
    Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I guess it's a ''seller'' box-art. Shows soldier-like individuals with guns. Four soldiers; four player co-op. Frat-bros will try it out.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Am I the only one who thinks this look alright? I'm afraid the same can't be said for the gameplay tho...judging from the gameplay walkthrough. Hoping for the best tho.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I find it funny how people care about boxart.

Dangerloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Getting shitty flashbacks of another EA published game left to die. Not to mention probably one of the worst PC ports in recent memory.

No Caption Provided

I want to give Insomniac the benefit of the doubt, but EA's track record of being so anti-consumer friendly makes this so difficult, an ironic paradox, since they want to move units.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

actually kinda like the syndicate art. :\

also whatever art style they choose isn't going to save a potentially mediocre game underneath. i know it sucks that they removed the visual character from the game but maybe mechanically the gameplay is pretty engaging. i know insomniac has a way with shooters and varied weaponry.

reminds me of the battletanx games on N64. looked like ass but the gameplay/multiplayer was sooo delicious...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

actually kinda like the syndicate art. :\

also whatever art style they choose isn't going to save a potentially mediocre game underneath. i know it sucks that they removed the visual character from the game but maybe mechanically the gameplay is pretty engaging. i know insomniac has a way with shooters and varied weaponry.

reminds me of the battletanx games on N64. looked like ass but the gameplay/multiplayer was sooo delicious...

Impressions of the demo in another thread seemed rather mediocre, actually. If those impressions hold accurate, I don't see Fuse being anything particularly special.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Why are people talking about the NTSC logo? I see no such thing in the image listed on the first page.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reminds me of pure

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah it's kinda bad

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who thinks this look alright? I'm afraid the same can't be said for the gameplay tho...judging from the gameplay walkthrough. Hoping for the best tho.

Nah, I think it looks fine. Not outstanding in any way, but isn't ugly.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*(Fuse) is pretty terrible.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Not to mention probably one of the worst PC ports in recent memory.

When I played Syndicate on my 4+ (prolly closer to 5 or even 6) year old PC it was buttery smooth and pretty... pretty. What's with the hate? Are you someone who needs to see the toggles for various Anti Aliasing options to feel alive? Just learn to inject AA or force it via other methods, and you'll be fine. Same goes for Ambient Occlusion through drivers, though I can't remember if they game didn't just have SSAO naturally.

Why are people talking about the NTSC logo? I see no such thing in the image listed on the first page.

Yea that's the first thing I noticed, the image must have been changed cause there is zero ntsc logos on zero mouths or anywhere on the image. The only thing wrong is their heads are not showing and it kinda looks slightly awkward... kinda.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope one day we get an interview from someone at Insomniac and find out what the fuck happened to Overstrike.

they explain it here

Codebreaker62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Codebreaker62

@alekss said:

@funkasaurasrex said:

I hope one day we get an interview from someone at Insomniac and find out what the fuck happened to Overstrike.

they explain it here

After playing the first 50% of the game, I think they should have kept it that way.

Dangerloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djjoejoe:

@djjoejoe said:

@dangerloves said:

Not to mention probably one of the worst PC ports in recent memory.

When I played Syndicate on my 4+ (prolly closer to 5 or even 6) year old PC it was buttery smooth and pretty... pretty. What's with the hate? Are you someone who needs to see the toggles for various Anti Aliasing options to feel alive? Just learn to inject AA or force it via other methods, and you'll be fine. Same goes for Ambient Occlusion through drivers, though I can't remember if they game didn't just have SSAO naturally.

Graphics don't bother me, as long as there's a stable frame rate (which it did).

What I do care about is and always will be; FOV options, remappable controls, toggle options etc. This stuff is standard on better PC ports. Playing a game how I want to play it is why I'm a PC gamer. I shouldn't have to play Twister with my fingers or do finger yoga with a mouse/keyboard just to do simple things. Starbreeze has said that EA wouldn't allow time or money for them to patch the PC version, understandable, cos I don't think it sold well to begin with, and was banned in my country anyway.

Darkness 2 was a much better game, doing pretty much the same style of game as Syndicate. But with all those control options ready to go. I didn't have to go and tweak files like I did with Syndicate.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dangerloves: I didn't grow up on 90fov or higher games like some people have, and thus I don't ever feel the need to tweak that aspect of most games. Sometimes a game is especially vomit inducing if I'm sitting a bit too close to my monitor and it's fov is something below 65, but being accustomed to and actually preferring an fov of 75 I tend to not be bothered by the low end as much, and anything higher is fish eye madness to me.

On the controller, the trigger is shoot ;) Big reason why I've played as many games as I can on PC with a 360pad. Not only are the games made for consoles in mind with their visuals, but usually with the way they play as well sometimes going deeper than just having controller controls. I can't imagine having as an enjoyable time with syndicate if the flow of it's movement and first person animations was filtered through 4 directions via wasd. Keyboard/mouse usually makes first person games feel closer to you being a floating camera than if I use a controller, mostly cause your aim can be SO fast but your movement is weird like you're on rails. I find I forget about movement and controls in general if I use a controller, they melt away etc. Once again it DOES help when yes, most recent PC games don't' really feel like they have optimal controls by default, but usually they still adhere to wasd with E being interact and all that good stuff I guess. The keyboard wasn't made for games though and while it's perfectly fine it's sorta weird that we still use a keyboard to video game as a top viable option, like just think about it... it's a type writer layout on this flat ass device made for pushing out words, not anything related to video games. It only works because it's the main input for your PC and you're so used to it that it's very comfortable for straight up interaction with your PC.

Darkness 2 had pretty much the same style as Syndicate? WHAT? One is a comic book/concept art/cell shaded dark gangster romp and the other a clean/dirty/super high lens flared post processed future romp. I guess they are both shooters and can be dark most of the time... you got me there buddy. Syndicate is rad because of it's style, darkness 2 is a good game but I wasn't compelled to even get more than a few hours in it (mostly cause I get detached from games when magic is involved... becoming an old man about that it seems). Syndicate lives together with Spec Ops and Singularity in my head as that type of game that's short, has something relatively interesting to say about something and has a very singular vision and way of approaching things, also their mechanics usually are minimal and feed into that vision most of the time. Short, tight, interesting experiences of games etc. I'm very glad I have been able to get used to playing games how they come, instead of needing games to mold themselves to me every time cause it seems like I'd miss out on more games if I always needed to tweak the same thing over and over in each game, don't get me wrong though I tweak when tweaking is lovely (endless hours of enb time in any/all games that support it, and ini tweaks whenever they exist are great! especially for the often lame unreal engine and it's quarks). It's just... when a game actually wants to do something that I will appreciate I'm not about to let the lack of some toggles in the option menu junk up my time with it, cause that's dumb right? That's like not going out with some new friends cause your jacket isn't fitting perfectly, it keeps kinda riding up a bit. Take the jacket off, and have some fun :)

Dangerloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.