Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Galak-Z

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 04, 2015

Galak-Z is a sci-fi roguelike space shooter inspired by anime of the 1970s and '80s.

Galak-Z The Void: Deluxe Edition for Nintendo Switch is buggy

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Decided to pick up the switch version because 10-20 min levels seemed perfect for on the go.

Made it to 1-4. Dropped some frames compared to the old PS4 version but mostly playable. Near the end it crashed and dropped me to the home menu. I was playing rogue mode, so I lost everything except for store unlocks.

It's just disappointing and frustrating. Looked at their bug report, they want to know practically everything (switch version, which level, what you were doing, and every upgrade).

Maybe I'll do their QA for them later but uh, buyer beware.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoOzak

I remember the game being pretty buggy on PS4, dropping frames, crashing etc. I enjoyed it but yeah, not something you want in a rogue lite/like. (or whatever) I havent played Sundered since it came out but that had similar problems. (I only mention it since that also came to Switch recently and got rebranded)

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I loved Galak-Z on the PS4 but was absolutely terrible at it. Was really hoping for some kind of easier mode as playing it is so much fun.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I loved Galak-Z on the PS4 but was absolutely terrible at it. Was really hoping for some kind of easier mode as playing it is so much fun.

They added an arcarde mode, a while ago, that saves after every mission.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hiro_abides: I may have to go back and give it a try - loved the game but for the rogue-like elements.

LeastWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got this a week ago, loving every minute of it -

Heard from someone who got a direct email from one of the devs, they’re aware of the Switch issues & and are working on a patch!!! The bug report process is very fast & painless - now would be the best time to get in your reports: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDmNR40GgbZYxzVWgJCpzT382IkqQpqQjhmPol43fnVrpSJg/viewform

Anyways, from what I’ve experienced and heard, the plasma core & particle bullet shape can cause crashes when equipped - when I avoid both of those two, I’ve had no in-mission crashes. Sad, as the particle spread is awesome, especially when combined with static core (this did crash me out of level three of the Void, just as I was defeating the Baron :/ )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.