Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Galak-Z

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 04, 2015

Galak-Z is a sci-fi roguelike space shooter inspired by anime of the 1970s and '80s.

So when's the PC version?

AgentZigzag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

They said September but I haven't seen any news on it for ages. Anyone know when the chuffing flip it's coming out on Steam?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I also thought this was the case. Pretty bummed.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Curious if they're still on track to deliver the last act alongside it.

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I never heard this September date, as they always said late summer or fall - but they did mention on the 8-4 play podcast they were using the time to improve the game and tweek some content. 17 Bit is also notoriously slow, so I wouldn't expect them to stick to any hard dates.

I'm ok with waiting if it means we'll get a better experience. There are already so many games out on PC right now that I don't have time for another rouge-lite.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just want to put it out there season 4 is "difficult" but the game is absolutely amazing. Knowing when and if to switch between modes is incredibly important. Hope the pc folks get to enjoy it soon.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NeoCalypso

Steam version finally got a release date, October 29. Which means I'll sadly get to play it for a day before Afterbirth comes out and Binding of Isaac takes over my life once again.

Loading Video...

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steam version finally got a release date, October 29. Which means I'll sadly get to play it for a day before Afterbirth comes out and Binding of Isaac takes over my life once again.

Loading Video...

These are my exact same thoughts.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@neocalypso: Thanks for the heads up...I put it on my calendar. I really want to play this, but I just don't think I have time for it right now! I'll have to see how the next couple of weeks shape up, but I'm already starting to move some games into the "wait for a sale" category because I don't have enough time to play them all.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably get this when it goes on sale too. For me it's more to do with the fact that I'm really worried about the difficulty, I already suck at most games, so hearing that it gets pretty difficult is kinda off putting and I'm not sure how much of the game I'll actually end up playing.

j4yk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will probably announce the release a week before it releases, thats what usually happens with these type of games.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#11 rmanthorp  Moderator

I'll probably double dip on this game - had a BLAST playing it on PS4 and will fit nicely into lunch time game playing at work!

silentflare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilman1101:

What, goddamnt it, i know i will love Galak, but there is no way i will play it while i could be playing Isaac instead.

Really could have picked a better date to release their game.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Junkboy

@caska said:

I'll probably get this when it goes on sale too. For me it's more to do with the fact that I'm really worried about the difficulty, I already suck at most games, so hearing that it gets pretty difficult is kinda off putting and I'm not sure how much of the game I'll actually end up playing.

Listen @caska, I got to season 4 after cruising through season 3 fully buffed up and got rocked and destroyed in episode 3 but on my very next attempt without "farming" and going in bare bones one shotted season 4. A total cake walk is what I would call that season. You're the third strongest in the Band of the Hawks you'll be fine. (made some assumptions about your name) :p

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0: Hah! I picked this name to use as an alias like ten years ago and you're the first person to pick up on it, at least to openly admit it anyway :P. In other news, you've convinced me to buy it when it comes out. I have been looking for another game to play now that I'm done with MGS and this seems like a game I can pick up and play every now and then as I go through my exam season.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Junkboy

@caska: To be quite frank it actually can be quite hard. I did on my second try but pretty much every other person I know in RL hasn't beaten it. My "NES" skills from childhood of playing on a bad TVs really were tested by it but give it a shot it's super fun and an amazing game. Farming because of the randomized levels and "episodes" makes replaying things still very fun. Just be careful, don't waste rockets, and remember your inner Samurai Pizza Cat and be stealthy!

I was playing this and Steamworld Dig as my "cool down" games during and after MGS myself. I hope you enjoy it! Also steam BF and Christmas sales are around the corner!

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0: Yea I don't expect it to be easy but I'm hoping it'll be fun enough for me to play for a while! Although having seen the Rebel Galaxy quicklook I'm not so sure which one I should pick!

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caska: Yeah I still can't buy it on steam won't be up for sale for another 5 hours but I can let you know by this weekend which I think is a better buy. :p Replaying Galak-Z is a blast but it is short great fun and I think Rebel will have a tons of things to do. Value wise you will probably get more time out of RG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.