Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GameCube

Platform »

The Nintendo GameCube is a sixth generation video game console released by Nintendo on September 15, 2001 in Japan, November 18, 2001 in North America, May 3, 2002 in Europe, and May 17, 2002 in Australia.

A dumb, DUMB plan

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By HumanityPlague

So, as some of you may know, I was on the hunt earlier for a GameCube with a few games.  I FINALLY found one, and I'm going to pick it up next week.  It's a black GameCube (with cords/controller, memory card) for 50$.  Comes with 4 dumbass games, but the 5th one is Eternal Darkness.  This is *WHY* I am buying this thing.  It'll be about 50$, 60, to 65$ with the cost of transportation.

Also, I found another GameCube for sale on a forum I go to.  It's JUST a Gamecube, silver, but has a Xeno 2.0 chip in it.  Comes with no cables, or anything, just the console.  This is around 30$, probably 40$ with shipping.

BUT, the 2nd GC doesn't have the case I want.  The one that lets you use full-size DVD disks.  I finally found a semi-reputable looking site (I'm going to call tomorrow to confirm if they exist or not), but if they do, I'm going to order a case from them.  That's an extra 25$.

So, I went from not having a GameCube, to committing to buying 2 of the goddamn things, with an extra case.  This, my friend, is a truly stupid plan.

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HumanityPlague

So, as some of you may know, I was on the hunt earlier for a GameCube with a few games.  I FINALLY found one, and I'm going to pick it up next week.  It's a black GameCube (with cords/controller, memory card) for 50$.  Comes with 4 dumbass games, but the 5th one is Eternal Darkness.  This is *WHY* I am buying this thing.  It'll be about 50$, 60, to 65$ with the cost of transportation.

Also, I found another GameCube for sale on a forum I go to.  It's JUST a Gamecube, silver, but has a Xeno 2.0 chip in it.  Comes with no cables, or anything, just the console.  This is around 30$, probably 40$ with shipping.

BUT, the 2nd GC doesn't have the case I want.  The one that lets you use full-size DVD disks.  I finally found a semi-reputable looking site (I'm going to call tomorrow to confirm if they exist or not), but if they do, I'm going to order a case from them.  That's an extra 25$.

So, I went from not having a GameCube, to committing to buying 2 of the goddamn things, with an extra case.  This, my friend, is a truly stupid plan.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By buzz_clik
    @HumanityPlague said:
    This, my friend, is a truly stupid plan.
    And I love it.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By shirogane

Couldn't you have just gotten a Wii?
    Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Does it play Pikmin?

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By matpaget
    @Shirogane said:
    Couldn't you have just gotten a Wii?
    Ssshhh! That's too easy
    Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Teleri

Wii can't play gameboy games.  I'll be taking that 2nd gamecube off your hands. ;)

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By JasonR86

What's the Xeno 2.0 chip?

By the way, though the Wii can't play gameboy games it does play Gamecube games and, since the Wii can use component cables and the Gamecube never could, it they look better.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Brendan

I am prepared to offer you $15 dollars for your other Gamecube.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RetroMetal
    I had component cables for my gamecube.  
    JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By JasonR86
    @RetroMetal

Really?  I thought they were never released.
    DefAde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By DefAde

So basically.... You're just going to play pirate games on it..... 

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HumanityPlague
    @DefAde: No.  If I was, I wouldn't bother getting the other GameCube, or Eternal Darkness.  ED is the REASON I want it.  No, the reason I want the modded one, is the same reason I have a modded PS2, Xbox, and a DebugStation PS1, I like having  my systems open, with the capacity to run home-brew, if I see fit.

And yes, they did make component cables for the GC.  They were only released in Japan though, and were discontinued shortly.  Only the original model of GC has the Digital AV port on it, to use it.

The Xeno chip is just a mod chip,  you can play backups/pirate games on it, but it also lets you do homebrew, and play other region games.  GameCube Linux, I can't wait.
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Punk1984

Gamecubes do have a component digital video port but Nintendo removed it in later production runs of the system. Mine has it but I don't use it, like my Super Nintendo my Gamecube is hooked up using S-video.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Hizang

You should probbaly get a third one..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.