Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GameCube

Platform »

The Nintendo GameCube is a sixth generation video game console released by Nintendo on September 15, 2001 in Japan, November 18, 2001 in North America, May 3, 2002 in Europe, and May 17, 2002 in Australia.

Best GameCube Games

Bubby348

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bubby348

What are the best GameCube games. Rating:T-M. Genre: Shooter.

GStats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GStats

Only shooter games? Not many!

RE4 and MGS: Twin Snakes?

You don't really get a Nintendo console for shooters. Best games in general though:
    -Mario Sunshine
    -Metroid Prime
    -Wind Waker
    -Paper Mario TTYD
    -Skies of Arcadia
    -Tales of Symphonia

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil 4 has been ported just about everywhere, but the GC version of it is superior to the PS2 version, which has muddy graphics and pre-rendered cutscenes. Not to sound too predictable, but it is also possibly one of the most sublime 3rd person shooters ever made. This isn't nostalgia talking either, my first full playthrough of it was with the Steam HD release, and it is a game that holds up extremely well (done about 3 playthroughs so far).

The best version of Killer7 is on GC. You do lose out on the 60fps of the PS2 version, but in return you get a consistent framerate, lower load times and more graphical particle effects. Killer7 is also kind of one of the best games ever made (any legit chance I get, I try to sell people on Killer7).

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

You asked for Game Boy games earlier that were rated T-M... what's wrong with E games?

...OK, anyway, there aren't really many worthwhile shooters on the Gamecube. There's Metroid Prime, but that's not really a shooter. OK, yes, it's in first person, and there's shooting, but that's not really the point, and if you're there mostly because you want to shoot things you'll be a bit disappointed (but, fucking seriously, play Metroid Prime, it's such a brilliantly-designed game in every aspect).

There's also Resident Evil 4, but that game exists on pretty much every platform ever at this point. Play that game on a PC or an Xbox or a Playstation.

I remember finishing 007 Nightfire several times. I don't know how well it holds up but it definitely has a lot of variety to it. I should find a way to replay this game someday.

There's also Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, but again, probably not exactly what you're looking for if you're asking for a shooter these days.

Geist sounded interesting way back when but I never got to play it and I know very little about it except the fact that it got less than stellar reviews at release.

How was Battalion Wars?

millidooms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By millidooms

I really enjoyed Geist. Played it a few years ago. You should check it out if you haven't already.

Also XIII came out for Gamecube.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
    VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Killer7.

KILLER7.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LeStephan

Shooters only? Boy....Uhhhmmmm.

Geist is pretty rad and interesting but not actually very good :)

Resi4 and Metal Arms are the best shooters on gamecube imo but their not exclusives. Killer 7 is great as well. And twin snakes is awesome but not really a shooter.....Same goes for killer7 though

Ikaruga is also a great (spaceship)shooter

Edit: Ooooh yeah battalion wars was totally rad from what I remember

Metroid prime is pretty good as well though its not nearly as perfect as most make it out to be. I've always loved the game since it came out but the Watch Out for Fireballs episode about metroid prime really made me realize how badly designed the game kinda is in some ways.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Asking for the best shooters on the gamecube is like asking for the best JRPGs on the original Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@vincentvendetta: I was looking at PS2 copies of this game on Amazon, since my roommate still has a PS2. I borrowed this game from an older friend when I was in like 7th grade-I immediately fell off it, because I wasn't cool enough. I want to find out if I'm cooler now.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

You asked for Game Boy games earlier that were rated T-M... what's wrong with E games?

Wait, what even happened to that thread? The URL of that thread is just a 404 now...

PolyesterKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Probably an advance alien scout plotting to destroy all video game violence once and for all. This website about video games is a pretty good place to start.

Deadlydog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battalion Wars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.