Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

What changes to weapons do you want?

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By samcotts

What additions would you like to see, or are excited about?
    What weapons do you want ditched, or changed to be more or less powerful?

I think the flamethrower will be great, really suits the type of game Gears is. Also being able to attached grenades to walls will be useful.
    But the main difference I want, is for the Lancer to be more powerful in multiplayer, because I felt that it's fairly easy to avoid being killed by it.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Player1

I would like the burst shot to have a very powerful melee attack, now that it cam be used as a starter weapon in multiplayer. 

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hulk

Hulk think the lancer will be much more powerful this time around simply because of the new client side hit detection making it so that your lancer shots will not be so delayed and you can actually connect on them without having to lead the crosshairs several inches in front of the target.  The lancer for everyone in the game should now essentially be like having a host lancer in Gears 1.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By DualReaver

Reaver wants a fucking RPC; ROCKET PROPELLED CHAINSAW. ( If that doesn't make you yell "FUCK YEAH!" You are not  man.)
    If Reaver can't have that he wants a shotgun that shoots nukes.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Shawn

Something about shooting 30 thick looking bullets into a person just to see big blobs of blood pop out like I was shooting a blood bank takes away from the whole experience of shooting the lancer.

I know it's not supposed to be the most powerful weapon out there but it would be nice to see some armor damage or just visible wounds on the enemy. It would make me feel more accomplished.

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hulk
    Shawn said:
    "Something about shooting 30 thick looking bullets into a person just to see big blobs of blood pop out like I was shooting a blood bank takes away from the whole experience of shooting the lancer.

I know it's not supposed to be the most powerful weapon out there but it would be nice to see some armor damage or just visible wounds on the enemy. It would make me feel more accomplished."
    Hulk really like the idea of damage to player models.  If there can be bullet holes on the environment why not have them on character armor?  They could do some really cool things like that especially with the Unreal engine.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf
    Hulk said:
    "Hulk think the lancer will be much more powerful this time around simply because of the new client side hit detection making it so that your lancer shots will not be so delayed and you can actually connect on them without having to lead the crosshairs several inches in front of the target.  The lancer for everyone in the game should now essentially be like having a host lancer in Gears 1.
    "
    I can't wait as well. I played as host today on Gears of War and it was a piece of cake to kill the whole team.
    twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By twenty0ne
    DualReaver said:
    "Reaver wants a fucking RPC; ROCKET PROPELLED CHAINSAW. ( If that doesn't make you yell "FUCK YEAH!" You are not  man.)
    If Reaver can't have that he wants a shotgun that shoots nukes.
    "
    This. For sure.
    Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Homer

A rocket launcher ( not the boomshot ).

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blu_Magic

The weapons are fine as they are now.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11  Edited By wefwefasdf

A sub-machinegun would be kind of cool. Probably wouldn't work well though.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By OGCartman

Bloody and more brutal.
    A really good machine gun

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By c1337us

they need to substitute the chainsaw for other common house hold and gardening items. such as whipper snippers and blenders.

Dovien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Dovien

I agree with the showing damage on units comment, I'd love to blow off somebody's leg and watch as they crawl to cover and return fire.  Also give us the ability to upgrade armor, different styles, and stats.

Alynablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alynablaze
    Dovien said:
    "I agree with the showing damage on units comment, I'd love to blow off somebody's leg and watch as they crawl to cover and return fire.  Also give us the ability to upgrade armor, different styles, and stats.
    "
    That would be awesome! I want all of that!
    Callumrides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Callumrides

Have the beat down with a sniper weaker

Sylosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Sylosis
    samcotts said:
    "What additions would you like to see, or are excited about?
    What weapons do you want ditched, or changed to be more or less powerful?

I think the flamethrower will be great, really suits the type of game Gears is. Also being able to attached grenades to walls will be useful.
    But the main difference I want, is for the Lancer to be more powerful in multiplayer, because I felt that it's fairly easy to avoid being killed by it.
    "
    I have to say, I don't really agree with you; firstly, I think the flamethrower is probably a bad idea and I can see it being abused it multiplayer. Also, unless you didn't know how to use it properly, the Lancer was incredibly powerful and with an active you could down someone in about one second. If anything they need to make it less powerful; considering it's the weapon that everyone starts with.
    Fusi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fusi

I want the Lancer Chainsaw Bayonet to not be unreved when show at, this should be balanced due to  the stopping power feature which slows you down under fire. However, I guess a fuel meter could be added, meaning you can't just hold it down and run at people around corners. It should recharge, obviously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.