Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Can this be right? (Regarding pricing)

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By jaqen_hghar

I suddenly wanted to get Gears of War 3, while I managed to wait till last year before I bought Gears 2. So I checked my "local" online retailers here in Norway, to see what would be the best deal.

I can get it for 299 NOK (53 USD) online, and I also think that is the price on Xbox Games On Demand. So that is fine, as 360 games usually cost around 399 (70 USD) to 449 (79 USD) here.

Then I found the Limited Edition, which sells for around 500 (88 USD). But I felt it didn't contain that much I wanted, so I am going to skip that. So I think to myself "if I am going to buy this, it will be the normal version then. Oh wait, what's this?"

Que the Epic Edition, with statues and flags and other cool shit I am always gobbling up. Of course this will be expensive, and sure enough. 999 (175 USD) is the price at one place, and I see it is around 100 USD (570 NOK) on Amazon, and that is before shipping, which would put it at about the same price. But one store has a different price. A price which prompted me to make this thread, and ask you duders if I should just order this as fast as hell.

You see, one store sells the Epic Edition for 447 (78 USD). That is with shipping.

So I ask you; as a fan of the games and a fan of game-swag, should I get the Epic Edition for that bargain of a price? Or am I just tossing out money, which I could rather save to maybe buy a second game this month?

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By IkariNoTekken

If you are a fan of the franchise then I wholeheartedly recommend it. The set is very nicely put together and a nice way to send off the series (at least the series as we know it).

If I get time later I might be able to take some pictures, but anyway, you should buy it!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.