Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Gears of War 3 leaked to torrent sites

• 62 results
    Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mike512

http://gamerant.com/gears-of-war-3-leaked-torrent-trung-94403/comment-page-1/#comment-43473

I'll just copy & paste my comments from there and post them here...

Fantastic news. Now hopefully they’ll release the game early. And normally if something like this happens I wouldn’t be happy. But it took two years to make Gears 2 and I’m guessing it would have taken the same to make Gears 3 but I think Microsoft delayed the game from last holiday to this spring because they didn’t want it to come out when Xbox had Halo and Kinect out around the same time. And now we’ve got the pointless delay from spring to fall for a really stupid reason and I’m sick of having to wait an extra year to play a game that I bet could have been done by last winter. So I’m all for this game leaking in hopes that they panic and release the game in stores early instead of sitting on it just so Microsoft can say they released it during the holiday season.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

@Mike512: They aren't going to do that. And waiting a year for the game to be released hopefully means the multiplayer won't be glitchy as hell like at the launch of Gears 2. I'm happy it got delayed.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

They probably won't release it early. I'm perfectly fine with waiting a couple months to play it.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By yetiantics

This is an unfinished thing, so enjoy your broken game =D

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TotalEklypse

Yar har fidle di dee...

Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mike512
    @PantyshotMQN said:

I don't know if this comment is directed at me or not but I don't have a modded Xbox to even play this. And if I did I'd still wait till the game comes out to buy it.

@SpikeSpiegel said:

@Mike512: And waiting a year for the game to be released hopefully means the multiplayer won't be glitchy as hell like at the launch of Gears 2. I'm happy it got delayed.

I'm confident the multiplayer would have been fine if it was released last winter when it was supposed to come out. This delay was for the sole purpose of Microsoft having a big holiday game to release. It had nothing to do with anything else.
    Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Mike512 said:

@PantyshotMQN said:

I don't know if this comment is directed at me or not but I don't have a modded Xbox to even play this. And if I did I'd still wait till the game comes out to buy it.

@SpikeSpiegel said:

@Mike512: And waiting a year for the game to be released hopefully means the multiplayer won't be glitchy as hell like at the launch of Gears 2. I'm happy it got delayed.

I'm confident the multiplayer would have been fine if it was released last winter when it was supposed to come out. This delay was for the sole purpose of Microsoft having a big holiday game to release. It had nothing to do with anything else.

That may be, but the extra year can't hurt. After playing the beta I'm confident the multiplayer won't suck like 1 or 2. No offense to those who liked their multiplayer games, but I found them to be extremely imbalanced. The beta for this has me really excited.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By zombie2011
    @Mike512 said:

@PantyshotMQN said:

@SpikeSpiegel said:

Where are you getting this information of this game being done last fall? Stop making shit up because you have the patience of a 6 year old.
    SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SlasherMan
    @zombie2011 said:
    Where are you getting this information of this game being done last fall? Stop making shit up because you have the patients of a 6 year old.
    Since when can 6-year olds become doctors?
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

@SlasherMan said:

@zombie2011 said:
    Where are you getting this information of this game being done last fall? Stop making shit up because you have the patients of a 6 year old.

Neil Patrick Harris mother fucker.

No Caption Provided
    SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SlasherMan
    @KaosAngel said:

@SlasherMan said:

@zombie2011 said:

No Caption Provided
    Doogie was 16. He may have looked like a 6-year old, but he was 16.
    biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By biospank

I hope for a over retarded story with much gore n blood

g6065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By g6065

Shit that's early. 

Although after reading about this specific version, I'd definitely recommend waiting for the full retail release.  

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RoyCampbell

I'll be eyeing Cliffy's twitter feed. Maybe this'll get good? Maybe Ice T will make another exclusive song for Gears 3 that won't be found in the torrented version.

"Oh man awesome, thanks man"

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By yetiantics

@Mike512: It directed to anyone who can't wait for the finished game and has to download it because they "can't wait". With what I've been reading in multiple gaming sites, its buggy and unfinished.

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
    CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CommodoreGroovy
    @Mike512 said: 

But it took two years to make Gears 2 and I’m guessing it would have taken the same to make Gears 3 but I think Microsoft delayed the game from last holiday to this spring because they didn’t want it to come out when Xbox had Halo and Kinect out around the same time. And now we’ve got the pointless delay from spring to fall for a really stupid reason and I’m sick of having to wait an extra year to play a game that I bet could have been done by last winter. 

Yeah and Gears 2 multiplayer was busted day one. They delayed it to add extra polish and finish, so the last iteration of the gears series was their best attempt.  

I do have doubts however that it'll be the final game on the gears of war universe, but this is definitely the third in the trilogy.
    NorthSarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NorthSarge

the beta for this game got me incredibly excited. i skipped out on gears 2 multiplayer-wise because i couldn't enjoy myself. However, playing the beta with some friends i had an absolute blast and didn't want the beta to stop. immediately pre-ordered gears 3 when the beta was over. since amazon was giving away free money with purchase.

anyone that cannot wait for a proper release of a videogame shouldn't play them. part of playing games is having the patience to wait through the long process that is involved in creating a polished final product that is enjoyable as well as playable.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sooty
    @CommodoreGroovy said:
    @Mike512 said: 

But it took two years to make Gears 2 and I’m guessing it would have taken the same to make Gears 3 but I think Microsoft delayed the game from last holiday to this spring because they didn’t want it to come out when Xbox had Halo and Kinect out around the same time. And now we’ve got the pointless delay from spring to fall for a really stupid reason and I’m sick of having to wait an extra year to play a game that I bet could have been done by last winter. 

Yeah and Gears 2 multiplayer was busted day one. They delayed it to add extra polish and finish, so the last iteration of the gears series was their best attempt.   I do have doubts however that it'll be the final game on the gears of war universe, but this is definitely the third in the trilogy.
    Really? I had no idea, I mean it's not like the game is called Gears of War 3 or anything...
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Not going to happen, but if it did I wouldn't complain.  The beta was a lot of fun to play. 

Anyone know of Wormrot?  Their newest album got leaked about a month early so they just decided to release it for free right then.
    Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Starfishhunter9

I hope they make it cheaper...

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Seesic

Yeah, unless you have a dev kit this won't work. But honestly I can't imagine this will change anything. Or that they will even acknowledge it, odds are they don't want to draw attention to it.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Piracy on consoles doesn't exist.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By mikemcn

@SeriouslyNow said:

Seriously now?

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By buft

ah well now i gotta work extra hard to avoid major spoilers because the dicks that download torrents early are on occasions the same dicks that post the same crap on forums about plot points

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#25  Edited By elyk247

Yeah..................this is bad. Not a very good thing for Epic. It would be one thing if this happened a week before, but 2 months ahead? Nothing good is going to come of this.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By imsh_pl

I doubt it's going to affect game sales in the slightest. Unless you have a modded console you can't play it; you maybe will be able to have the story spoiled if you wanted to watch all the youtube campaign vids that are supposed to be coming out, but even then who plays Gears for the story?

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By warxsnake

Following this news, Mark Rein has canceled all future Epic releases on consoles due to piracy reasons and has decided to release the games on PC exclusively.

..waaaaaait a minute

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By toowalrus

@Mikemcn said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

Seriously now?

Yowza.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Bollard

Dick OP is a dick. A game being leaked early in any form is never good, and this is basically piracy also. This is bad news in all regards.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Agent47
    @biospank: Shit I didn't know Squirtle played Gears of War.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Marz

Sucks for Epic :(  I still got it pre-ordered.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Skald

@SlasherMan said:

@KaosAngel said:

@SlasherMan said:

@zombie2011 said:

No Caption Provided
    Doogie was 16. He may have looked like a 6-year old, but he was 16.

This thread is silly.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33  Edited By Yanngc33

@Chavtheworld said:

Dick OP is a dick. A game being leaked early in any form is never good, and this is basically piracy also. This is bad news in all regards.

Kind of teaches them for not releasing a done game. I bet there's a warehouse full of copies of Gears 3 that have all been sitting there since March

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, they have no choice now but to rush the game out of the door in order to compete with an unfinished, buggy piece of shit. Makes sense to me.

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By BrockSampson

@Yanngc33 said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Kind of teaches them for not releasing a done game. I bet there's a warehouse full of copies of Gears 3 that have all been sitting there since March

You sir are kind of an idiot. Either that or you are just an idiot. Either way you are an idiot.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36  Edited By Yanngc33

@BrockSampson said:

@Yanngc33 said:

@Chavtheworld said:

You sir are kind of an idiot. Either that or you are just an idiot. Either way you are an idiot.

Just saying, let Epic decide when they feel the time is right for releasing their game

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By BrockSampson

Not you, the guy spouting off at the mouth about completed games as if there is any actual evidence of such.

You're statement is correct. Acting like a businesses product getting released early in an ustable form whilst also being unsupported is idiocy. As dirty as some peoples infantile minds think it is, a companies ownership of a game is absolute. Any thing less is unsubstantiated piracy. And therefore wrong.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By John1912
    @Mike512: I really doubt it was ready last year.Either way a game like this is never released early.  A small company that finishes up a few months early might push up their release in the first qtr or 2nd.  The release window is carefully chosen for competing with other titles, and end of the year earnings for both MS/Epic. Even leaked at this point they still prob do not have DVDs burned, or boxes ready to ship which my also require advanced booking for what ever facilites they use. 
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By Vinny_Says

I hope Gears 3 sells a million copies and makes a lot of money because I think those games are good and I like the men and women working at Epic studios and Cliffy B and North Carolina and Brad Shoemaker because he's from North Carolina

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

It will make banning pirates a lot easier for Microsoft.

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

Lol impatient little gamer boy is pro-piracy because he has to wait a long time for his game.

Sad story bro.

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Bad news

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RE_Player1

I wonder what the cause of the leak was.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RsistncE

OMG THOSE PC PIRATES ARE RUINING THE INDUSTRY THIS IS WHY PC GAMING IS DYING!!!.... 

Oh wait.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By dillonwerner
    @TotalEklypse said:
    Yar har fidle di dee...
    Being a pirate is all right to be
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CL60
    @RsistncE said:
    OMG THOSE PC PIRATES ARE RUINING THE INDUSTRY THIS IS WHY PC GAMING IS DYING!!!....  Oh wait.
    Haha, I had that exact thing word for word typed in when this topic was first created, but I decided not to post it.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RsistncE
    @CL60 said:
    @RsistncE said:
    OMG THOSE PC PIRATES ARE RUINING THE INDUSTRY THIS IS WHY PC GAMING IS DYING!!!....  Oh wait.
    Haha, I had that exact thing word for word typed in when this topic was first created, but I decided not to post it.
    It doesn't matter anyway since all the console kiddies who decry PC gaming for this reason are just going to ignore my post like the intentionally ignorant little twats that they are.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @CL60 said:
    @RsistncE said:
    I'll be playing the role of the guy who tells you that this console game's piracy is in no way even close to the magnitude and significance of PC game pirating 

I hate the word piracy.. it sounds so stupid :/ I like to call it file share. which is illegal. illegal file share
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @RsistncE said:
    @CL60 said:
    @RsistncE said:
    It doesn't matter anyway since all the console kiddies who decry PC gaming for this reason are just going to ignore my post like the intentionally ignorant little twats that they are.
    You know that just makes you look like an prick and a fanboy as opposed to a reasonable person with intelligent things to say.
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By korwin

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.