Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

How would you like to see the series end? (or think it will?)

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Pie

Personally I hope everyone dies. All of this started because humans were battling over this thing called emulsion (oil) so I can see some weird twist happening where the humans are actually the bad guy's mucking up the locust environment (MOTHER NATURE) so the emulsion somehow destroys everything. I could even see something happening where the locusts and the last remaining humans team up but not so much. 
    Maybe it will turn out that the locusts emerged because the humans were mucking up everything underground so they need somewhere to go. 
    If the trailer is to be believed then most of the human race is wiped out so a happy ending would feel a bit pooey. 
    Also im not up to scratch with my GOW knowledge so feel free to slap me.   

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Like this:

On a serious note, I just want it to have a happy ending.  I don't want everyone to die in the end.  And please, have the last boss fight be epic.  It was a disappointment in Gears 2.
    CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By CandleJakk

I'll show how much I hate two overly-loved franchises with this remark, so my flame shield's going up.

How do I hope it ends? Permanently, unlike the Halo 'trilogy' was supposed to after the third one.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

If the humans and the locust team up after all this, then that'll be such a cop out ending. I hope there's some kind of fittingly huge closing battle and a sad ending. Epic seem to be one of the few studios, along with Bungie, Infinity Ward and Rockstar, who seem to be able to get away with that kind of stuff in a big budget game without the fanbase acting like dickheads because they never got to be the hero.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie
    @CandleJakk said:
    " I'll show how much I hate two overly-loved franchises with this remark, so my flame shield's going up.

How do I hope it ends? Permanently, unlike the Halo 'trilogy' was supposed to after the third one. "
    How though?
    jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jaycee13

everyone dies apart from dom and marcus then it turns into brokeback mountain

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CandleJakk
    @Pie said:
    " @CandleJakk said:
    " I'll show how much I hate two overly-loved franchises with this remark, so my flame shield's going up.

How do I hope it ends? Permanently, unlike the Halo 'trilogy' was supposed to after the third one. "
    How though? "
    As far as storyline goes, I couldn't say, as I hated playing through Gears 1 so much that I stopped halfway through, and pretty much avoided all news and interaction about Gears 2. If everyone dies, great, if they don't, however, I'll know Gears 4 is gonna be made.

Yeah, please let everyone die at the end.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @CandleJakk said:
    " @Pie said:
    " @CandleJakk said:

How though? "
    As far as storyline goes, I couldn't say, as I hated playing through Gears 1 so much that I stopped halfway through, and pretty much avoided all news and interaction about Gears 2. If everyone dies, great, if they don't, however, I'll know Gears 4 is gonna be made.  Yeah, please let everyone die at the end. "
    As far as I can tell, there isn't a Halo 4 anywhere to be seen. There's been the spin off, ODST, which was really well done and Reach, which is a prequel, that looks to be another great addition to the franhise. The core series hasn't changed and is unlikely to do so.
    CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CandleJakk
    @HandsomeDead: You make a very good point, I'll admit. But I do remember being told just as Halo 3 was announced, by someone, that it would be the last Halo game they made. Then there have been 3 more (if you include Reach).

On the other hand, I don't rate either series, and don't play them, so it shouldn't bother me at all how it ends really.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By TheFreeMan

Everybody dies, achieving some form of fulfullment except for Anya and Carmine (of the player characters) who then live on to help rebuild the world.

Also, maybe some fucking reinforcements come from Earth? I can't remember if they've ever talked about Earth or what, but the topic still interests me. Are there other colonized planets out there? Are any of these answers found in the novels? Should I really care?

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By clubsandwich

this is pretty neat too. :P
    Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pinkshley1

Somehow all the Imulsion (probably spelled that wrong) in the planets core detonates; the whole planet blows like a warhead. 

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By misterpope
    @Pinkshley1 said:
    "Somehow all the Imulsion (probably spelled that wrong) in the planets core detonates; the whole planet blows like a warhead.  "

This. Or, the whole planet should actually implode in on itself. Then blow up.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hitchenson

Quite simple really, everybody boards the Cole Train and they drive off into the sunset. That could the actual game in fact and I'd still be happy.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @CandleJakk: There will be a Gears 4! 

We still have another Carmine after the 3rd!!!
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zityz

Everyone Dies except Marcus, he's left to clean up the mess as he says. "I never should have left that jail cell"

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17  Edited By natetodamax

I want to finally defeat the Locust but with major casualties.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bionicicide

All the steroids destroyed in an explosion.

PK_Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PK_Koopa

Cole buys his own train after the war and calls it "The Cole train" and his team (the Cougars or whatever) will play inside the train and will win the championship of...whatever sport he plays. It will create a spin off game and all the members in the Delta squad will join. Including Marcus who is married to Anya with 4 children that have unexplainable muscles.

Seriously though I want a happy ending. I dont want to go through 2 games only to find out they all die....unless its done really well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59d1a719efd
    deactivated-5d59d1a719efd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really enjoyed the 2nd Gears,didn't really like the 1st, not worth the price. But I think that they should win the war, but at the end Dom end's up getting killed somehow, no bomb explosion or holding the Locusts off or anything stupid like that. But he just gives up or something, at the END though. I'm always Dom when I play it the 1st  time with my brother. 

And also Marcus doesn't get to ride the Cole Train at the end, because he's about as deep as a can of tuna.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By KowalskiManDown

With a slow, and sensual removal of Marcus' bandana.

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kbm600

I want all of Carmine's remaining family to come together and use their sibling link to use psychic powers and wipe out the Queen.

Actually I just really want an epic melee fight between Marcus, Dom and the Queen. Not even shooting, something even more intense with the chainsaws.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Kbm600 said:
    " I want all of Carmine's remaining family to come together and use their sibling link to use psychic powers and wipe out the Queen.   Actually I just really want an epic melee fight between Marcus, Dom and the Queen. Not even shooting, something even more intense with the chainsaws. "
    Or marcus shoving a grenade down the queens throat?
    papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By papercut

Dom and Marcus embracing 

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RsistncE

Obviously they're going to reveal that Sera was actually Iraq, the Locust are actually Iraqi's and the COG are Americans...and the imulsion is actually oil. That glows.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CaptainObvious

Crossover with Warhammer 40k where Commander Boreale and his spess mehreenes fight for teh empra. (Cookie for anyone who gets the reference) 

On topic, I'd like to see some epic shots of Dom's epic beard, before he sacrifices for everyone.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ryax
    @JJOR64 said:
    "Like this:

On a serious note, I just want it to have a happy ending.  I don't want everyone to die in the end.  And please, have the last boss fight be epic.  It was a disappointment in Gears 2. "

there were boss fights in gearts 2? i just thought they were harder enemies. huh 

i want everyone to die. in a blaze of glory.
    Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kbm600
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Kbm600 said:
    " I want all of Carmine's remaining family to come together and use their sibling link to use psychic powers and wipe out the Queen.   Actually I just really want an epic melee fight between Marcus, Dom and the Queen. Not even shooting, something even more intense with the chainsaws. "
    Or marcus shoving a grenade down the queens throat? "
    I actually would prefer if there were no explosions and just tons of gore. I'm not even a fan of extremely violent games but gore and just gratuitous violence has always defined gears and I want to see it end on its strengths, not just a simple grenade explosion. Plus it would be so satisfying to finally kill what was spawning on the fucking irritating Locusts we've been chainsawing for years now.
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29  Edited By zyn

Everyone dies.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#30  Edited By Yummylee

Nathan Drake hurling Marcus off a cliff.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By swamplord666

I want Dom to finally come out and say that he's hot for Marcus. I mean, d'you see the way he's constantly following Marcus? So obvious...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By GunstarRed

Hopefully with  a sunset and  some hand holding and a sad, sad song.

Charles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Charles

Everyone dies but Dom. That would be some drama right there. The guy had to kill his why and now his brothers in war are all dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.