Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Huge Gears 3 preview - Cole and Baird NOT playable?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

so while reading this preview of Gears 3, they mention the 4 player co-op, and how you control a new character (from the Gears comics) and Anya... so we finally have 4 player co-op, but still no cole and Baird? Kinda lame, kinda weird... I guess because story wise they'll continue to be wandering around somewhere else. 

EDIT: Later on in the article it says at least Cole is playable afterall, I guess Baird will be too

Anyway here's the article, it's quite long

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/gears-of-war-3/preview/massive-first-look-at-gears-of-war-3/a-20100521134719898075/g-2010040917122084089

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KingBroly

They said it switches off from time to time, whatever that means.  I hope it allows you to go all Brawl on it after you've beaten certain areas and let you playthrough each area with any character if you wanted to.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

As I've understood it, you'll switch characters over the course of the game, seeing things from different perspectives.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By RobotHamster

From what I heard those portions of the other games where Cole and Baird would go off will now be playable so you get to play their parts of the story too.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @Icemael said:
    " As I've understood it, you'll switch characters over the course of the game, seeing things from different perspectives. "
    This. All the characters they summarize in that article will be playable at some point during the campaign.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Rhaknar
    @creamypies said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " As I've understood it, you'll switch characters over the course of the game, seeing things from different perspectives. "
    This. All the characters they summarize in that article will be playable at some point during the campaign. "
    aye that's what it seems like
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Soo wonder if this means that'll still be levels where it only allows upto two players. Or maybe they just do the branching paths for 2 players each.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.