Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

No More Events?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By sammo21

So, even though I still think the mp is wildly unbalanced at times I still enjoy playing horde and a little bit of versus here and there. My goal was to get the events trophy/medal but apparently it is impossible to get now? I have tried for at least 2 months, every weekend, to play whatever addition to the playlist was added and then you'd get a notch in your event count. Well, I guess that isn't the case any longer? I have been stuck at 24/30 for what feels like months now and thats even playing the weekend playlist. Does anyone know if this is bugged or something or if its just impossible to get now? I didn't really see any worthwhile information on Epic's site.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By RobbieMac

@Sammo21: Yeah pretty sure it is broken. Stopped trying several months ago to get the event medal since it never worked and I was 3 away too.

Avatar image for thecatswhiskers
    thecatswhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By thecatswhiskers

I don't think its broken, there's a finite number of events which just rotate. If you've got a notch for a specific event then playing it in the next rotation wont get you another.

When they post details of the next event on the epic website they mention the date when it was last on.

Pretty frustrating if you've done most and then had a break from gears. No way of knowing which you've missed.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the list of events, somewhere.

Good luck!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.