Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Un-playable

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RobbieMac

I have been having issues with gears for the past few weeks where I can't play any games without SEVERE lag/rubberbanding.  I own all the DLC, my NAT settings are open, proper ports have been forwarded.  I haven't had this issue with gears ever until recently.  I was able to get to level 94 without any issues but now I can on the odd occasion get one lag free round and then the next I just get stuck in a perpetual rubberband.

Wondering if anyone else is having these issues or what I could do to fix this.  Also I guess it is worth noting I never have issues with my internet dropping or being slow, leads me to believe something is up with the game.

Pobearo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pobearo

Well, I can tell you it's not something wrong with the game or servers because I started playing versus about a week and a half ago and have had little to no problems at all.

sin13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By sin13

I tried all night last night to get into a game of horde. It took forever to match me up, forever for the game to start, and once the first wave started no enemies spawned so I had to quit out.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By mscupcakes

Gears has been a bit broken for a while now. Weird hit detection problems, problems mantle kicking, etc..

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By superfriend

Microsoft probably wants you to try the other big exclusive: "Kinect Star Wars". They think it´s more than adequate to slowly kill the Gears servers now, since that Kinect game is the most hardcore shit ever and they want you to play it.

Seriously though, when I played Gears 3 around launch and a few months after, I encountered these laggy games every once in a while. It seemed like sometimes it would just connect me to laggy games, or have at least 2 players who were laggy as hell.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

They pooped on this game when they removed the servers for the majority.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ShaggE

Throughout the entire franchise, I don't think I've ever had a smooth game of Gears.

mattschwabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mattschwabby

I have played it pretty much every day for the last couple of months. Lag has not been an issue, but it sometimes takes a while to find a Horde game.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Dedicated servers seem to be worse than the player hosted ones in my experience.

Avatar image for thecatswhiskers
    thecatswhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By thecatswhiskers

I live in Dubai, and I've never been able to get into a game of beast. Never.

Horde is generally ok, but only at certain times of day, and the its mostly with people from Hong Kong and Singapore. Lag has never been a problem.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

Oh, I thought in general. The campaign good though yeah? :D Yes it is indeed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.