Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War: Judgment

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 19, 2013

Damon Baird stands trial in this Gears of War prequel from People Can Fly, the developers of Painkiller.

Gears of War Judgment will revisit Gears 3 campaign

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

And you'll need to earn the right to play it.

I think this is a really cool. Basically you'll get to play out the events that take place between the time Marcus Fenix sends Cole and Baird to get supplies and the final battle of Gears 3. There's no clear talk on how you unlock it yet but they did mention that you would need to get stars during the campaign to unlock it. Looking at the achievements it seems like there are at least 100 stars to get:

A Peek into the Future10
    Watched Aftermath teaser
    The Aftermath20
    Unlocked Aftermath
    Rising Star10
    Attained 50 Stars on at least Casual Difficulty
    Shooting Star20
    Attained 75 Stars on at least Normal Difficulty
    Star Struck50
    Attained 100 Stars on at least Hardcore Difficulty
    Superstar50

Attained all Stars on Insane Difficulty

And I'm willing to bet it's easier to get stars if you play on the harder difficulties. So I guess we'll see just waht it takes to unlock this bonus at the end of March.

So duders what are some of your favorite "revisists" of things in other video games? I'm quite fond of the one in Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood when you play as Hartsock and must protect 3rd squad while Baker is knocked out cold at the battle of Hill 30.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mrfluke

revisiting shadow moses in pure mgs 1 fashion in mgs 4 comes to mind.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Fucking yes! That sounds great; pleasantly surprised that this'll actually be an in-game unlockable and not DLC too.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mrfluke said:

I was having that dream again...

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mrfluke said:

and then you can play the game with the ps1 snake head model from mgs1

mannn with this drought of games till gears and bioshock infinite (nothing releasing this week has interest to me) im gonna replay mgs 4 again, i think that game is getting too much rearview hate now.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

As for games that have you return to environments from previous games, returning to the Ishimura in Dead Space 2 is possibly the greatest segment across the franchise. Rebecca Chambers during RE0 somehow finding herself travelling through the factory that'll take Leon/Claire down to the Umbrella Laboratory in RE2 was really cool, too.

And of course, as already mentioned, the flashback to MGS1-era Shadow Moses in MGS4 was incredible.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@yummylee said:

As for games that have you return to environments from previous games, returning to the Ishimura in Dead Space 2 is possibly the greatest segment across the franchise.

A yes...damn I nearly forgot all about that segment, such an awesome highlight of Dead Space 2.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Awesome. Man, Judgment seems like really, really cool.

I really like the bit in Dead Space 2 where you revisit the Ishimura.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus

@mrfluke said:

@toowalrus said:

@mrfluke said:

and then you can play the game with the ps1 snake head model from mgs1

mannn with this drought of games till gears and bioshock infinite (nothing releasing this week has interest to me) im gonna replay mgs 4 again, i think that game is getting too much rearview hate now.

Indeed! I actually only played the game for the first time... well, I guess it was over a year ago now, but it was relatively recently. I wrote about it- you know, the two times I blogged before deciding blogging wasn't for me. But yeah, listening to the bombcast last week and hearing Brad say he couldn't remember what made that game great had me shouting at the radio. That's pretty much because the spolier Snakecast and GOTY 2008 battle where Brad was FIERCELY arguing for Metal Gear was pretty fresh in my mind. I'd play it again, but I'm playing Revengance right now... and I want to play Tomb Raider.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.