Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Generative A.I.

Concept »

Generative Artificial Intelligence is a type of neural network that can be used to generate a piece of media based on large amounts of training data. These "new" assets are also known as Synthetic Media.

Generative A.I. Concept Page

DevourerOfTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 65

Edited By DevourerOfTime

Made a concept page for Generative A.I.

With some video game publishers and developers being reluctant to be upfront about their usage of Neural Networks in creating their games, I figured it was worth tracking what games have used it in different ways.

Feel free to clean up the writing on the page.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

I guess I am not at all surprised that the general solidarity people showed for artists at the start of the first generation of blockchain games/grift basically fell to the wayside when The Finals launched. The moment most people saw a shiny new thing they wanted to play.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@zombiepie: The reason everyone turned against the blockchain is that they didn't see the value in it. None of the use cases were appealing and the actual blockchain games that were produced all looked absolutely terrible.

AI generated content, on the other hand, has a lot of seductive promises like cool art assets and being able to talk to any NPC. Can it deliver these promises? Press X to doubt, though some games that have included some AI generated assets have been...fine (though not better than games with human made content, which makes sense since AI content is almost all stolen from humans in some way.)

This is how it always goes. If what's being offered is attractive people generally won't give a damn about the ethics behind its creation. It's only if it affects them personally (like the blockchain games being bad) that most people care.

How many labor scandals have we seen that haven't really hurt the companies in the long term? People are still excited for Prince of Persia even though we all know how horrible Ubisoft is. There will always be a few people who care and actually boycott in some way, but they are exceptions.

DevourerOfTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 65

#3  Edited By DevourerOfTime

I don't think the fight's over against Generative A.I. being used widespread in games

There are still a LOT of legal disputes to figure out about it, not to mention countries that might regulate against it.

Also The Finals is such a weird one for people to be excited about because MAN is that game ugly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.