Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War Collection

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

A high definition re-release of God of War and God of War II for PlayStation 3.

Oh, the irony! 60GB freezes.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiot

Apparently the God of War collection is having freezing issues, making the game literally unplayable for many users. The culprit? While the issue has been reported on a number of different consoles, which version of the PS3 is getting hit harder the most you might ask? 

From Joystiq:

Some folks over on the official PlayStation Forums allege to be having trouble playing God of War Collection. Several users are complaining that the game has been locking up on them, specifically after God of War's first cutscene and during the first mission. Most of the people who claim to be running into this freezing issue are running the game on 60GB launch PS3s, though a few PS3 Slim owners have also jumped into the threads to report the game is locking up on them, too.

Additionally, commenters on PlayStation.Blog have reported the same problem and specifically implicate 60GB PS3s. While we didn't experience such issues playing the final game code on a debug PS3 unit, we've contacted Sony for comment on this report and will update as necessary.

Sources: 
    "God of War Collection Freezing Issues" [PlayStation.com Forums] 
     PlayStation.Blog comments

That's right. Say it out loud: 
    The version of the Playstation 3, that plays Playstation 2 games, has difficulty playing an HD Playstation 2 game. 

There will be, of course, (...) some type of patch for the game. Sony has yet to release an official announcement, hopefully this will be cleared up soon. I see a lot of promise with these HD re-releases, hopefully someone can get their act together.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1
    @vidiot said: 
    The version of the Playstation 3, that plays Playstation 2 games, has difficulty playing an HD Playstation 2 game. 
    my mind is crying 
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

God of War collection is a Playstation 3 game. I guess the problem with having multiple iterations on a single console is forgetting to properly test each game on each different version of the hardware, I'm sure they'll fix the problem and be more careful in the future.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Shadow

as someone who has to buy a new Xbox 360 because EVERY game freezes, this doesn't seem like a big problem.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai

Oh man that sucks.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vidiot
    @TooWalrus:Clarification: Yes, it's a PS3 game. In regards to the what's causing the problem: That's EXACTLY what I thought when I first read this in too what was causing this. Too many iterations of hardware, too many variables for something to be screwed up. They needed better testing. 

@Shadow: I'm sorry, what? Could you please clarify? Every game freezes?If your talking about comparing this to the 360 failure rate, yeah, I'm with you. This is a minimal issue.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By PufferFiz

Have you read the US playstation board? Because if you have you would know to take everything posted there with a cup pf salt.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Alphiehyr

I'm working on the assumption that they've only tested it on one type of model.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By Emandudeguyperson
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @vidiot said: 
    my mind is crying  "
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vidiot
    @PufferFiz: True, but this looks pretty real. 

Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Gunrock

That really sucks, im glad i got lucky and my 60gb one runs it completely fine.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Wow, 140 views and 10 posts. 

That sucks man.

transience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By transience

this game has crashed twice on me and I have an old 40gb PS3. (I think that's what it is anyway -- it's my roommate's, and there's no BC)

GOW1 crashed during the second part of the last boss sequence (ARGH)
    GOW2 hard locked (as in I had to turn the whole system off) during a completely routine wallclimb with no action going on at all and zero enemies on the screen

the last PS3 game I played, Uncharted 2, also locked my PS3 a few times. I'm starting to think my PS3 is just dumb.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By MikkaQ

Dude GW1 crashes all the goddamn time. And yeah same as transience, the uncharted 2 game I just got fucks up too. 

By crash, I mean like... totally frozen, I had to reboot it a lot.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Griddler

Sweet irony.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By DystopiaX

sucks, although i'd much rather have the backwards compatibility. I have a 60gb PS3 but not the launch one, it's the last of the line of "Fat" ps3s. I knew that it wasn't backwards compatible, but it would have been sweet if it was, since I never got a ps2 and would love to play some of those games.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By rjayb89
    @vidiot said:

Well, that was confusing to read.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.