Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

What do you want in future GT5 updates?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

Try to be realistic.... Don't say make all cars premium or something dumb like that, its not gonna happen. What do you want that could possibly come in an update.

What I want is a rally mode that is basically more of the "Rally Gran Turismo" Special events with all of that stage based point to point rally on tracks that are different every time. I just want to do that for infinity.

Also I want them to update the course "maker" so that it allows you more freedom and possibly more environments. Like maybe a city environment, then maybe it would have less crazy blind hills in it. Also point to point.

And lastly and as always I want them to put my damn car in the game. I know this one is totally unrealistic but its a travesty that its not already in there especially since it was in GT1. But that was before the Subaru STi got really huge and kind of overshadowed the first gen legacy.

Edit: Oh shit I accidentally wrote, "I am a massive cunt" in the title of this thread!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Red12b
    @Devil240Z said:

Edit: Oh shit I accidentally wrote, "I am a massive cunt" in the title of this thread!

Did you really or are you lying? 

Cause that would be a cunty thing to do :) 

I want that DLC tracks to come rolling through,  
    I want Rally and Drift events to mean something,  
    I want the shuffle races to have more than 200 HP, because it's a great concept,  
    I want an update that makes the menu layout easier to navigate,  
    I want the parts buying process more streamlined if possible, GT auto in the parts menu,  
    I want the Bugatti Veyron to be a Premium model because it looks like shit in standard,   

I want an update that does away with the stupid scrolling list of "Used cars" and just lets me buy cars from a list of manufacturers I don't care if it doesn't look overly pretty, I want to be able to buy certain cars at certain times... 
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Devil240Z

@Red12b: You know you can get a million bucks for doing each drift event now. I would say thats a step in the right direction. You also get helmets and suits too.

I also think they should give away those random level based gift car cards away like candy. Like every time I log on each day I should get a free car. Or a card for an upgrade. I mean all that shit is already in their system.

And I agree with the shuffle races needing an overhaul.

They should also bring in the mechanics from GTPSP that would randomly give the prize money a multiplier for an online race. So randomly a race would be worth 50x prize money.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Binman88

Yeah I'd like them to make the course maker a bit better. I'm ok with it being kinda randomised, but there are far too many steep hills and not enough locales and track types. 

Also: a paint shop. 

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Red12b
    @Binman88 said:
    Yeah I'd like them to make the course maker a bit better. I'm ok with it being kinda randomised, but there are far too many steep hills and not enough locales and track types.  Also: a paint shop. 
    A paint wheel, come on...those paint tickets are so goddamn retarded. 
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar

I totally agree with the Rally event thing that have for the single player, they should somehow make that be a mode online.  

A track gen that I can seed each individual section of the track, so it actually would be easier to fine tune courses where the track generated is overall good, with the exception of one weird turn; now I can just go to that one section and seed a new gen, while keeping everything else the same. This would make it easier to "remake" a lot of courses that aren't in the game.  

I also agree with the shuffle race thing, since the cars are always super under powered and have econo tires. I was thinking more of the slower guy gets an M3 while the faster guy gets a Mustang as a handicap and they would be racing in tires that the host chooses.  

I know it seems so easy to just have a paint shop and color wheel, but when you think about some paints like chrome, color shift and textures of matte, metallic or pearl, it gets so complicated, they might as well just make a livery editor instead.  

Which brings me to: For the DLC I would pay for a livery editor, upgrade for standards to be premium (as well as extra cars) and just maybe extra tracks. Only reason why I'm on the fence about extra tracks, is because logistically it wouldn't work well into our Racenights. I mean, sure maybe all of the regulars would probably buy the tracks if its at a reasonable price, but if we use a DLC track for the week, and some new comer doesn't have it, wtf would happen? 

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Devil240Z

I want a Custom singleplayer event creator that lets you control everything, even what cars the AI drives.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Red12b
    @Devil240Z said:

I want a Custom singleplayer event creator that lets you control everything, even what cars the AI drives.

YES! 

I would love if the AI cars pushed as well, and I would push it further by saying what car Tyre's and upgrades cars can have.
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Devil240Z

@Red12b said:

@Devil240Z said:

YES! I would love if the AI cars pushed as well, and I would push it further by saying what car Tyre's and upgrades cars can have.

The enemy cars need to be more like cars in Tokyo Xtreme Racer. Where they actually have different parts installed and even different personalities for the drivers.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Devil240Z

I want to be able to use all of my B Spec drivers at the same time in the remote races.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Red12b

@Devil240Z said:

I want to be able to use all of my B Spec drivers at the same time in the remote races.

fuck yea

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Devil240Z

@Red12b said:

@Devil240Z said:

fuck yea

ACTUALLY, FUCK THAT! I want to be able to race WITH/AGAINST my and other peoples B-Spec drivers. How sick would that be.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Red12b

@Devil240Z: Now that would make sense,

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Devil240Z said:

@Red12b said:

@Devil240Z said:

fuck yea

ACTUALLY, FUCK THAT! I want to be able to race WITH/AGAINST my and other peoples B-Spec drivers. How sick would that be.

@Red12b said:

So meta. 
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Red12b

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

@Devil240Z said:

@Red12b said:

@Devil240Z said:

fuck yea

@Red12b said:

So meta.

...what?

Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Red12b said:

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

@Devil240Z said:

@Red12b said:

@Devil240Z said:

fuck yea

@Red12b said:

So meta.

...what?

Well...because...you can do that?
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Red12b

@Vegetable_Side_Dish:

How?

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Red12b

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: You know we are talking about actually racing against our own B-spec drivers right? not just remote racing against our B-spec drivers against other B-spec drivers

Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Red12b: Oh, ok. I was talking about how your friends can level up all your B-spec drivers by racing against 5 or 6 of  them at the same time. 
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Red12b

@Vegetable_Side_Dish:

sweet

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.