Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

The Lost & Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony are collected onto this standalone disc of Grand Theft Auto IV's post-release content.

Downloads run from game disc?

DanCarew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DanCarew

Hey, so now that the game's been announced for PS3, I'm considering a purchase.
    I'll assume the system works just like on 360, so here's my question:
    If I download the episodes, do I access them from within GTAIV?  I would rather have a one-disc system than a two-disc system.

Polypinoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Polypinoon

I think you need GTA IV indeed if you download them.

However, if you buy them on disc, you don't need GTA IV to play them. So you can just pop in the GTA EFLC disc in and start playing. In other words, no two-disc system.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @Polypinoon said:
    " I think you need GTA IV indeed if you download them.  However, if you buy them on disc, you don't need GTA IV to play them. So you can just pop in the GTA EFLC disc in and start playing. In other words, no two-disc system. "
    Exactly. Also, there's something to consider. If you buy Episodes From Liberty City, the only music in the game will be the songs they included for the DLC. However, if you download them, you'll have GTAIV's soundtrack, plus the new songs, which really makes for a huge soundtrack. To compensate for the loss, EFLC gives you the exclusive Vice City FM with the legendary Fernando Martinez, however this station really let me down. There were a couple good songs that I remember, but not much stood out, and Fernando has lost his touch and all his charm. If I had the hard drive space, I would have chosen to download both the games, but the 360's 20GB is a joke, so I had to get the GTA EFLC disc, even though I had previous downloaded The Lost and the Damned but wouldn't have room for The Ballad of Gay Tony.
    Polypinoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Polypinoon
    @TheGreatGuero:  I highly doubt you loose the music that was in GTA IV if you buy the disc version of EFLC for PS3. The fact that it's on a Bluray allows it to stay in the game, after all, both the TLAD and TBOGT campaign added togheter are still smaller the the GTA IV campaign, so there's no valid reason to give up on the original soundtrack. Of course, I don't know if the DVD didn't feature enough space or it was just left out so the new soundtrack would be more prominent.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @Polypinoon: Well, you do in the 360 version, so I don't see why the PS3 version would be different. From what I was told, it's not because of a matter of space, but some sort of legal issues.
    Polypinoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Polypinoon
    @TheGreatGuero:  Well, I'll guess I'll have to wait and find out. I'll still go for the physical copy because I like to have a box and manual and I enjoy being able to put a game into my collection. I'm not a big fan of digital downloads since I find it doesn't feel like you really own a copy, but I guess that's all a matter of opinion.

I do very much look forward to being able to play them though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.