Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Bought this on Steam, never got a CD Key, now I can't activate.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

I bought the GTA complete pack, Episodes from Liberty City worked fine, I can right click the game in steam and click "view CD-Key." now I'm trying to play GTA IV, but there is no CD Key anywhere, and when I try to launch it, the rockstar activation thing comes up and tells me "Activation process has been terminated. The SERIAL was not found in the database. Most likely the SERIAL has been entered incorrectly." But there is no CD-Key anywhere. Is this a problem with GTA IV for steam, or am I missing something here?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Capum15

A quick google says you may be able to launch GTA IV by going into the whole "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV and launching the LaunchGTAIV.exe" thing.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CL60

Also, I tried Steam support, but it's not letting me login to the website. I put in steamguard thing and it just says "Incorrect login." even though I literally just logged into the steam client with the same password.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Pop

I think steam is overloaded at the moment, I can't see any of my CD keys and my overlay doesn't work for some reason. I think you should try later.

edit: I can see my burnout paradise key but not my GTA4 key.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Talis12

never had that problem with any GTA games.. did you try to verify yur game files?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Pop said:

I think steam is overloaded at the moment, I can't see any of my CD keys and my overlay doesn't work for some reason. I think you should try later.

edit: I can see my burnout paradise key but not my GTA4 key.

I cant even get to my wishlist. 
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@CL60: You need a separate log in account for the forums and support, for whatever reason.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AlexW00d

Is there even a CD key for that game? I see my CD key for Liberty City Stories Episodes from Liberty City,but not GTA IV.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60

@AlexW00d said:

Is there even a CD key for that game? I see my CD key for Liberty City Stories, but not GTA IV.

Considering it wont start, and it's telling me to put in my serial which I don't have, I'm going to say yes.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#10  Edited By Lazyaza

GTA4 and its Episodes have separate executeables and thus should be listed as separate games in your steam list to be launched independently. If you don't have codes for both then yep you're missing one.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CL60

@WinterSnowblind said:

@CL60: You need a separate log in account for the forums and support, for whatever reason.

Yeah I know. It's not letting me login to the support. I used the same info as my steam account. Just keeps telling me my info is wrong.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Mijati

I just checked and apparently I don't have CD-Keys listed for either, although they've not been installed but should still show. I bought them in the winter sale I think, possible even last summer sale too.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#13  Edited By Lazyaza

Hmm yeah I just checked mine too and I don't have a GTA4 code either but I swear I had to enter one when I got it. Suppose I should be glad I've no intention of ever playing it again but still.

Edit: Aaaah seems Steam ran out of codes for GTA4 and are having to get more from Rockstar before people who bought copies this sale can activate it. Weird that mine is missing as well though.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Capum15
    @Lazyaza said:

Hmm yeah I just checked mine too and I don't have a GTA4 code either but I swear I had to enter one when I got it. Suppose I should be glad I've no intention of ever playing it again but still.

Edit: Aaaah seems Steam ran out of codes for GTA4 and are having to get more from Rockstar before people who bought copies this sale can activate it. Weird that mine is missing as well though.

Ah, really? Damn, my GTA IV install is almost done. That sucks...guess I'll go back to Saints Row 3 until then.

Edit: Well, I had to start it with a shortcut once so I could change the settings, but it works and runs fine through steam now.
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By Justin258

@CL60 said:

I bought the GTA complete pack, Episodes from Liberty City worked fine, I can right click the game in steam and click "view CD-Key." now I'm trying to play GTA IV, but there is no CD Key anywhere, and when I try to launch it, the rockstar activation thing comes up and tells me "Activation process has been terminated. The SERIAL was not found in the database. Most likely the SERIAL has been entered incorrectly." But there is no CD-Key anywhere. Is this a problem with GTA IV for steam, or am I missing something here?

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but did you ever get your cd key? I just finished downloading the game a few hours ago and have been searching for a solution to no avail.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60

@believer258 said:

@CL60 said:

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but did you ever get your cd key? I just finished downloading the game a few hours ago and have been searching for a solution to no avail.

Yeah. I got the CD key. I think I contacted Steam support about it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Justin258

@CL60 said:

@believer258 said:

@CL60 said:

Yeah. I got the CD key. I think I contacted Steam support about it.

Thank you! They finally sent me one just a minute ago. Now I'm dealing with GFWL.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.