Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

cool random things you've encountered in GTA IV

backspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By backspace

Have you encountered any random/cool things on your journey through Liberty City? I remember when I was doing the "Do you have protection?" mission, and I was driving around with Dimitri on a motorcycle. I had a pretty bad crash which sent both of us flying, and I survived with just a sliver of my health left, apparently so did Dimitri. I ran back to the bike and pressed Y, and as Niko picked up the bike Dimitri sprinted right into the bike, tripped over it, smashed his head on the pavement and died, so I had to retry the mission. I was laughing pretty hard through my second try on that mission^^.

AceOfSpades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By AceOfSpades

One time I got in a fist fight with a random civilian and some other guy decided to join.  I ran away and they started fighting each other, so I decided to watch them.  Eventually, some cops came and arrested them.  I laughed pretty hard since I started the fight and got away.

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By fraser

I spend hours trying to get other people arrested and it's still as much fun as it was at the start.

Today i started a gunfight with some random gang, but then stopped firing and hid behind cover, after a couple of minutes had passed there were a good few squad cars on the scene and there was a full scale street shootout on the go. I just hid and watched it all, was amazing

Avatar image for worldsfastestshrimppeeler
    WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably once while I was walking around, there was a shootout between a gang and a gang of cops. It was insane.

Cali_Style

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cali_Style

There's a bum with a sign hanging around his neck that appears throughout Liberty City. The funny thing is that he's always starting shit with passerbyers. I saw him jack some dude for his car at an intersection once, and, in another incident he was chasing a woman down yelling he was going to kill her. But the funniest one is when he ran up to an idle taxi, pulled the cab driver out, and continued to beat the shit out of him because he thought the cab driver was an alien there to take his (the bum's) sperm sample. 

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By epic_pets

Cool car crashes.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vyse_Legends

Well one time I was walking down the street and I find a car with three dead guys just sitting in it.  The car had no damage done to it and no bullets through the windshield just three dead guys sitting there.:P

So I jacked the car and did some sharp turns to launch them all out.:P

TheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By TheDude

This one time at band camp.....hahah....But I was walking down the street and a random guy just fell from the sky and hit the ground right in front of me...scared the shit outta me at first... The only thing I could come up with is the guy must have been having a pretty bad day and decided to take the easy way out .. hahah

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By kush

The weirdest thing that happened to me was having a dumpster blown into my face. I was on one of the "Most Wanted" missions and a dude shot an RPG at me, but it hit a dumpster. This dumpster proceeded to fly at my face and knocked me across the street and into a wall...let's just say I was pissed and I got my revenge!

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I know most people have seen someone pulled over fixing there car,but the first time I saw it I was so surprised that I jumped out of my car and shot the person fixing his car. I hate surprises.

Arsenal99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arsenal99

the preacher

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By BlackWaterCO

The Homeless guys talking about bananas

Balaamsafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Balaamsafe

sdwhitby said:

"i found a copy shop were whatever car or motorbike your riding is outsidee the shop in every possible colour"

Dude where?!

I managed to jump put of a chopper, skim my body off the top of the empire state building (i think it is meant to be the empire state, it's got a big pymarid top) and i was traveling at such speed, that i bouced right off the building and into the water at the end of the island and survived.

Also, online my friends were jumping out of helicopters, and one of them hit me (i in a car, and i got the kill for running them over)

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Homer
    backspace said:
    "

Have you encountered any random/cool things on your journey through Liberty City? I remember when I was doing the "Do you have protection?" mission, and I was driving around with Dimitri on a motorcycle. I had a pretty bad crash which sent both of us flying, and I survived with just a sliver of my health left, apparently so did Dimitri. I ran back to the bike and pressed Y, and as Niko picked up the bike Dimitri sprinted right into the bike, tripped over it, smashed his head on the pavement and died, so I had to retry the mission. I was laughing pretty hard through my second try on that mission^^.

"
    Omg, that happened to me but with Little Jacob.
    OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By OGCartman

Car Crashes, Killing Sprees and Fleeing

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By killer_meatballs

I went on a date with Kiki.  Went to a bar, got drunk and took a cab back to  her place.  I got out of the cab first, and then I heard a crash.
    Next thing I see her on the ground next to the cab, and a prompt comes up saying "Kiki has been killed"

I couldn't believe it.   It was surreal.
    Apparently, she got killed in a hit-in-run right as she was getting out of the cab.

Typetool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By Typetool

i was on the sidewalk when some dude ran me over(i had low health b4 he hit me)So i died.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Tuggah

I hit a random barrel that exploded and I had to redo a mission. sad face.

MonkeyGekko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By MonkeyGekko

I once stole a bike from a dude without getting the polices attention. The dude managed to punch me off the bike before I could drive away, at that moment a police car drove by. The policeman then jumped out of his car, shot the dude in the back, and I was left alone with my new bike.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By insouciant

A two-headed hooker.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Capum15

Wow, zombie thread.

Anyway, a long time ago, my friend was playing and I was watching. He went as high as possible in a helicopter and jumped, smacked into some stairs near Central park and lived. We both laughed for a while.

Another time I was throwing grenades into a bunch of cars at a stop-light, on the Bohan-side of the bridge between Bohan and Algonquin. After I threw my third or so grenade, out of no-where a taxi cab, which was going full speed, rams into me and insta-kills me from behind. Sneak Attack Critical'd. I said "What the fuck?!" then started laughing.

Another was during some 3-star police chase. I was in some crappy car and slammed into something, subsequently getting launched into the road face-first. As Niko started getting to his feet, I turned the camera around to see my car. Instead, I see a police cruise slam on the breaks, turn sideways and slam into me with the passenger-side door, again, insta-killing me. Niko was about half-way to standing, and I couldn't actually move. Looked awesome though.

The first time I encountered a lot of new things were great, like getting launched from the windshield (or launching other drivers), to mashing my car so bad that instead of simply smoking, it couldn't preform as well (turning would mess up, couldn't move forward or backward, etc). People throwing trash out the windows to simply the Euphoria engine. Especially the Euphoria engine.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22  Edited By Geno

Nothing especially weird, but the result from doing this repeatedly can get quite funny. Sit in a car and shoot people in the face; cops will come, headshot them before they even get out of their car, rinse repeat. Soon you'll be surrounded by a dozen police cars, get out, drop a grenade, profit :D. 

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By K0rN

I jumped off a skyscraper, landed and rolled off a NPC.

xXShnookXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xXShnookXx

I was standing outside of the hospital in the northern part of Algonquin and I saw a random group of pedestrians walking down the sidewalk. They all stopped when they got to the street corner before stepping into the intersection and into on coming traffic. Well, all of them except for one lady. She stepped off of the curb and was hit by a taxi. Some of the guys from group of pedestrians ran over and pulled the taxi driver out of his car and beat the crap out of him. 

It was pretty damn hilarious.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Coombs

There is a swingset somewhere and if you drive a car into it, It will send you flying like a fucking catapult

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26  Edited By natetodamax

Was driving through Times Square when I nearly hit an exploded helicopter lying in the road.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bicycleham

I seriously don't know how the hell this happened to me.... 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CL60

I jumped out of a helicopter from as high up as I could go and I just landed on my feet. It looked hilarious.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By FesteringNeon

I tried to steal a motorcycle once, and as Niko was tipping it over, a glitch or something happened as I tried getting on.. next thing I know is i'm on the bike.. upside down
    JohnRehill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By JohnRehill

After reading this thread, I want this game!

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cjmabry

If you walk up to a car and punch the window, most of the time the person will get out and try to beat the crap out of you. If there's a cop around that person will be arrested, stuffed in the back of a police cruiser, and driven to the police station :D. 

And of course, the swingset glitch XD.

Avatar image for angre_leperkan439
    Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insouciant said:
    " A two-headed hooker. "
    LOL please elaborate?!
    Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, there's quite a few amazing things:
    Clearly, swingset of death.
    A lot of the first-encounter things. For example, when I first hit some people, and saw the physics. Then, when I was driving away, there was blood on the front of my car.
    The time I found out that you can use grenades to help you roll down hills. That was fun :) 
    I remember once, I was being chased by cops, a few stars(maybe three). Anyways, drove up to that incomplete bridge, drove over it. I made it to the middle, and stopped. Suddenly, a cop car went flying over my head, kept going, went off the 2nd ramp, and slammed into the next wall. I laughed my ass off.
    Another time, I was driving a car, being chased by cops again and some cops shot at my car. It started on fire, and I saw a cop car down the street from me. I jumped out the car, it rolled and slammed into the cop car, both blew up.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By insouciant
    @Angre_Leperkan439 said:

" A two-headed hooker. "
    LOL please elaborate?! "

Sorry, I was just joking.  I really need to stop joking, especially in real life, because when I'm joking people think I'm serious, and when I'm serious people think I'm joking.
    Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insouciant: You very much just destroyed my dreams and aspirations.
    I was going to trap this two-headed hooker.
    Like a pokemon.
    insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By insouciant
    @Angre_Leperkan439 said:
    " @insouciant: You very much just destroyed my dreams and aspirations. I was going to trap this two-headed hooker. Like a pokemon. "

lol, I like you.  Plus you resurrect old posts.  I like that very much.  I'm not being sarcastic.  I'm serious.  I'm going to add you to my friend list.
    threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By threeve

I like this thread.  I thought it was pretty funny when I failed one of Phil's missions twice - it was one of those where he tells you all about the job en route - so the third time, after I've heard his spiel twice already, he just says, "Why don't we just listen to the radio this time?"  

And as long as we're talking about GTA IV being awesome, blowing stuff hasn't really gotten boring yet.  My favorite missions are the ones where I can adapt the grenades and RPGs to my purposes.  $5000 each for RPGs is rough though, especially since I have to buy a new launcher if I use all of them for some reason....

dannywaffles23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dannywaffles23

@balaamsafe: its on west of fortside :p i found it and there's a bunch o the same car you're using parked outside in every custom way, it's pretty radical.

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really cool to see this game getting some love........there was a spell where lots of people were really slamming this game and I could never work out why as I thought it was pretty great.

I always get a kick out of the citizen's or cops grabbing a door handle when I speed off in a car so you end up dragging them along. I like to try and graze oncoming traffic or a lamppost with the side of the car they are hanging onto - dunno what this say's about me though :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.