Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Do more people play GTA IV online or GTA tbogt?

charliesheen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By charliesheen22

I'm curious, because I have both and I really can't tell which one people play online more.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By zityz

Kind of both. I'm playing Gta 4 vanilla for some stuff or tbogt for free mode. Either way, online is full off assholes who try to shoot you up the first 5 seconds of being in there whilst speaking Russian.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CaptainTightPants
    @zityz said:
      online is full off assholes who try to shoot you up the first 5 seconds of being in there whilst speaking Russian.
    Really? Haha that sounds awesome.
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zityz
    @Resident4t said:
    @zityz said:
      online is full off assholes who try to shoot you up the first 5 seconds of being in there whilst speaking Russian.
    Really? Haha that sounds awesome.
    Yea funny story, I logged on yesterday on the PC side and the second I got on some ass shot me dead before I even knew what was going on. followed by the dude saying sorry, and if I spoke russian. I said sorry no, and then they proceeded to run my ass over and I was ran through by chopper blades. Funny, but quite frustrating.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By onarum

wow, people still play GTA IV?

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scarace360
    @onarum said:
    wow, people still play GTA IV?
    GTA4 is fun to play with people if you wanna dick around.
    pingolobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pingolobo
    @onarum
    You kidding?  That is one of the best games I've ever played.  I play online shooters and fighters but I still play GTA4.   I don't play it online much but I am still replaying Nico's story and doing random stuff.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By onarum
    @pingolobo said:
    @onarum: You kidding?  That is one of the best games I've ever played.  I play online shooters and fighters but I still play GTA4.   I don't play it online much but I am still replaying Nico's story and doing random stuff.
    No, I was just surprised because I remember even when I first got gta 4, like maybe about 6 or 7 months after it's release, there weren't a lot of people online already.
    Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By Castiel

I play tbogt online some times, but only the free mode.
    louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By louiedog

I used to love playing GTA races. Half the people would race and half would crash once and spend the remaining time dicking around and becoming/creating obstacles for the racers. It was great hectic fun. I tried playing a few weeks ago and almost no one was racing. I couldn't find a game with more than 3 other guys, and most dropped out when it became clear they weren't going to win. In the last race I played, shortly after blowing out the tires of the only remaining guy ahead of me and passing him, he dropped out and I was alone. It's a real shame.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @zityz
    If you can you should get a group of friends that all enjoy playing and dick around together. Jumping into random games isn't usually that fun these days because of the fact that it's pretty much just people in Portugal and Russia trying to be serious, or servers that don't bother to turn off friendly fire but scream at you for killing people... 
    @pingolobo
    Something being awesome doesn't mean everyone is going to do it. Not many people play, even if you smoosh all of the consoles and versions together into one userbase it's not impressive. It's awesome, but the structure is pretty loose and it tends to be better (IMO) with less of it, so I think a lot of people are more interested in highly structured experiences like CoD or something. But nothing beats it for just fuckin around, and doing stupid shit. Like making cars go crazy.
    @charliesheen22: What platform? PC is awesome, because you can have mods (me and the guys I play with have been dicking around with the crazy car mod that makes all the cars fly everywhere because they have negative friction) and stuff. We pretty much always play TBoGT because the weapons are far superior. Half the weapons being explosive is pretty awesome.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Daveyo520

I just played GTA IV online with people last night actually.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zityz
    @onarum said:
    @pingolobo said:
    @onarum: You kidding?  That is one of the best games I've ever played.  I play online shooters and fighters but I still play GTA4.   I don't play it online much but I am still replaying Nico's story and doing random stuff.
    No, I was just surprised because I remember even when I first got gta 4, like maybe about 6 or 7 months after it's release, there weren't a lot of people online already.
    It's much better on PC side. 32 fools running around instead of 16. I can't remember if races are 32. Most i've had was 8 in a race.
    charliesheen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By charliesheen22

I was referring to the PS3, that's what I have. I'm usually that guy who dicks around and crashes on the start of the race :p

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By 1337W422102

I don't have the Episodes, but I occasionally play GTA IV online with a friend.  Multiplayer matches are pretty damn intense.  I like the team-based Turf War mode and the Co-Op missions the best.  Riding in a car fulla dudes, shooting out of the windows and stuff together, flying your squad in on board a helicopter, etc.  Shit is so cash.

Usually, my buddy and I just make a private Free Mode room, get heated, wait for sundown, start a rampage, and see how long we can survive.  Fun as hell.  He's driving the car while I'm shooting out the window and looking at the pause menu map for a place with health and ammo, or plotting a course for the airport.  Grabbing a chopper and flying to Happiness Island to restock on supplies is usually pretty intense because after the chase to the airport and cheesing it to the Island in a chopper, there are a few minutes of tranquility before the police helicopters start spawning in the air over the island, leaving a small window to grab powerups and get the hell out of there.

charliesheen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By charliesheen22

you see, everybody on here has such intense great time online, why don't more people play it online haha

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Hizang

GTAIV is a really fun game online, I spent hours apon hours on free mode down at the airport.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.